Cromtech CTG2500i

Cromtech CTG2500i

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Crommelins Machinery? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

tiddles
tiddlesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product, good price, quiet

great size generator, compact not too bulky, not heavy, quiet, and easy to start, easy to read instructions, fits nicely in our caravan slide/box. highly recommend. worth the money spent and much cheaper then other generators and does the job.

Purchased in May 2021 at Caravan RV Camping for $900.00.

Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality and Support Key to buying

Bought from McFarlane Generators in Brendale QLD - I needed a generator that I could manage and would start my caravan air conditioner (old clunker Electrolux CAL 136) McFarlane offered me a few options to actually trial on site. The Cromtech CTG2500i came out on top it has worked well for me for almost two years, Support network around Australia was quite large compared to other manufacturers Great value and quiet.

Purchased for $899.00.

ianandori
ianandori

I have owned mine for over two years. It has been perfectly reliable

Bought from the brilliant Macfarlane Generators in Sydney. Highly recommend these guys. Knowledgeable and fairly priced generators. Paid $850 for mine

Does the job brilliantly. Running a couple of coffee roasters and charging phones via the USB ports.

Can take a bit of effort to start but that os likely the heavy handed users fault !

Always run on 91 with zero issues but never e10

Five stars from me.

Purchased in October 2018 for $850.00.

Better than a Ryobi and cheaper than a Honda

Purchased in February 2020 for $990.00.

MickPeel, WA

Great Generator

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

Peter J Ryan
Peter J RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Generator runs like a dream .....

Bought this on special It was shipped immediately Recieved it in a few days Put oil and fuel in started first time instantly.Exceeds all my expectations for output quietness and is simply great on all fronts ... Considering you can have 3 of these with higher output compared to the red and the blue competition not that there is anything wrong there This is just a delight to have by comparison and price Support Australia wide as well ..
Highly Recommended......

Date PurchasedJune 2018

cromtech outback, nice surprise!

Purchased my Cromtech Outback from L&V Forklifts via EBay for $879 with free shipping.
We had a new Honda EU20i prior which was great but it was going to struggle with the new Air Command Cormorant aircon in the caravan. Very happy with the unit, well built, all the outlets are solid and weather protected. Quiet and runs the aircon plus fridge no worries on eco idle. Glad we took the punt.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Glen
GlenMount isa

Dose everything they say it dose!

I mostly use my unit for work runs all my refiguration machines, a 1500W air compressor, I can run a catty welder on low and it will even run my 2400W drop saw easy. I have used it camping running 3 engel fridges lights and I get 22hrs out one tank. If i had brought a Honda I would have paid $3000+ to do the same job. Best value genny you can get.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Aynsley
AynsleyMackay

Mid price standby generator

Bought the generator after the last cyclone. Installed a transfer switch in my meter box. Plugged in the generator. Added about 2l of fuel & it ran all day. Tested it out. Ran most household lights, ceiling fans & microwave. Was not comfortable with the electric jug!. Seems to be a good standby unit with plenty of power for most requirements! Would like to run it more, but no real reason to.

Ran it again today. About 7 hrs on 3 l of fuel. Started first pull.

Love it hope it lasts.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Freeflow64
Freeflow64

Awesome generator at an awesome price.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Neil
Neil

A must in South Australia!

Yes I live in SA (we have excellent wine, but a lousy power supply). I picked up the Cromtech Outback in Melbourne (had difficulty finding a SA supplier - def a business opportunity for someone). Its first trial was when the power was off for 15 hours yesterday - no problems. Connected the fridge/freezer, fan, light, modems (kids would have gone crazy without internet), and small TV. All good & no probs. Certainly chugs when boiling the jug! Seemed to use 5lt of fuel after the first 7 hours. So a fridge and freezer full of food saved. Easy to start. I am sure I will get to use it a few more times here in beautiful SA!!!

teflon
teflonCentral, SA

A Value For Money Inverter Generator That Works As Well As It Looks & Backed By Nation Wide Crommeli

Norbert Hasked

Not so sure about it!
It does NOT run my 2.2 KW Heron AC. I am using unleaded 91 octane fuel. Would it make any difference if I would use 98 octane premium?
Cheers
Norbert

Hi Norbert. No

Norbert H

Thanks Mick. Any suggestions?
Cheers and merry Xmas
Norbert

Mick

Hi Norbert, apologies for the blunt reply, struggled to type on this forum with my phone.
I don't think higher octane will make much difference. My Cromtech will run my sons split system AC in his Jayco expanda. I believe that is a heron 2.2. Also runs father in laws Jayco split system. Not sure why yours doesn't. Maybe Crommelins can help.

Regards

C3ssna182
C3ssna182asked

What brand is the motor?

Marina
Marinaasked

When I fill my crometech 2500i, Petrol goes into air filter and floods won’t start until I dry it all out! This now happens almost every time I fill it. Help anyone?

Shea
Shea

I dare say one of the check valves is not working properly and allowing fuel to flow when it is not supposed to... Unless it is a bowl type carburettor in which case your needle and seat which shuts the fuel off when the bowl is full is not sealing and flooding, and also flowing back into the air filter, needs a carby kit and/or a good clean out.