Crossray 4-Burner Built-In

12 questions from our users

Robbie V.

Robbie V.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Hello. I'm really impressed with your reviews but am wondering if there are any plans to manufacture a 6 burner built in?
I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the 4 burner built in.

Thanks in advance
Robbie

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Robbie, our 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ has a total cooking are of 5474cm2. This is equivalent to a 6 Burner Traditional BBQ. You can also visit out www.crossray.com.au website and download the in-built manual for more information.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Ozzi S.

Ozzi S.asked

Why doesn’t my knobs have led lights on my crossray 4 burner

Matthew

Because they did not include them in the design, I have never seen them on a barbie. Do you cook in pitch black lol

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Ozzi, thank you for your enquiry.

The 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ had 2 designs, the older models had LED lights interrogated into the Knobs. The new models recently released were designed with a full front drip tray. For the design team to design the full front drip tray, we had to delete the LED lights from the BBQ.

Domenic Racoasked

4-Burner Built-In

How do you remove and replace the infrared burners on a cross ray four burner barbeque

Matthew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoMjdgIl68&ab_channel=GrillTechs this shows you how to replace but not same barbecue, ring the head office on 0395623455

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Domenic, you can remove the burners by unscrewing the middle bracket. After the middle bracket is unscrewed, the burners should be able to be pulled out. If you require further information, please email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Domenic Raco

Thankyou that is very helpful as it will allow me to thoroughly clean it when necessary

Aussie F.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Is there any retailer in western sydney that can cook me a steak on a crossray before I purchase?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi, you can try the BBQ store in silverwater or tuckers BBQ.

Aussie F.

Do you do product demonstrations from time to time? If so, whereabouts? Also, will you be attending meatstock next year?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi, usually we use to do cooking demonstrations from time to time but ever since covid-19 pandemic happened. Unfortunately, demonstrations have stopped.

We also wouldn't be attending meatstock next year.

Have you contacted The BBQ Store or Tuckers regarding a demo?

carly

carlyasked

4-Burner Built-In

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a built in BBQ. Does this one have interchangeable hot plates? I only see the grill in all these reviews. The reviews are also all within the last year or so. I am wondering what the SS quality is - 304 or 316? I'd like to know if there have been any issues with rust over time.
Thanks, Carly

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Carly, our CROSSRAY BBQ does have interchangeable hotplates available but the hotplates need to be purchased separately. The grill & hotplates are made from caste iron enamel. Caste iron enamel is the best material to keep in heat. To prolong the life of the caste iron, you will need to place oil on the grill or hotplate when not in use. If you require further information or assistance, please email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Jan B

Jan Basked

4-Burner Built-In

Can Crossray 4 burner built-in run on Natural Gas?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Jan, The CROSSRAY 4 Burner can certainly be run on Natural Gas. All our units are designed has LPG units, to convert the BBQ to NG you will need to purchase the natural gas conversion kit. If you require further information or assistance, please email Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Helena K.

Helena K.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Hi. How do you clean out the ashes at the bottom of the BBQ? The self cleaning will reduce the all the "stuff" to ash, but over time, I am sure the ashes will build up. How do you clean out the bottom of the BBQ? Is there a tray that can be pulled out to remove the ash?
I am yet to purchase one, but I want to know how easy it is to keep clean.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Helena, the CROSSRAY BBQ will also have a large pull out tray behind the heater which can be taken out and cleaned.

Weenyasked

4-Burner Built-In

What is it like for slow cooking. e.g. Brisket. What is the temperature if you had one burner going?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Weeny, the best way to cook brisket is to leave 1 burner on low and place the meat on the top cooking rack.

Thank you.

Victoria R.

Victoria R.asked

4-Burner Built-In

We are looking to buy a Crossray BBQ but would like to see one displayed and are wondering who stocks them in Perth, WA. Victoria

Jeff

You'll need to put the question to Bunnings, as they are the only outlet selling them apart from purchasing directly from crossray. Don't know why they aren't on display and I had the same question 5 months ago. Ended up just bitting the bullet and getting the 4 burner one after weeks of researching other brands and watching the crossray cooking videos.

The Thompson's
The Thompson's

Victoria we viewed and bought ours at a " Harvey Norman " store. Bunnings don't display them and can only be bought via "Special Order". A'lso, don't hesitate to contact Crossray direct for any questions, as they are a pleasure to deal with and very helpful. p.s. We are still over the moon with our Crossray BBQ.

erwin v.

erwin v.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Does the crossray BBQ need electricity or does it use a battery for the ignition and LED lights?

Jeff

It does not need electricity to operate. It uses a single battery for the ignition. There are 3 other batteries to light up the LED lights in the control knobs which are also not required to operate the bbq - these are just for show.

Tony
Tony

G’day, Erwin. Pleased to help. Ignition is by a single AA battery and the LEDs are powered by three AAAs. You’ll find these all come supplied with the BBQ and so far I’ve not had to replace any of them. (It’s a bit childish, but the LEDs do look pretty cool when you’re cooking in low light). Honestly, if you buy a Crossray infrared BBQ, I can’t see you being disappointed. Happy cooking. Tony W.

Lionheart D.

Lionheart D.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Where can I view a crossray bbq in Sydney?

Steve

I am trying to find some more stores and will update later. I saw it at bbq store Prestons but just one on display. I’ll find more stores soon

Jay V.

I can only answer about viewing in Texas. I am buying my second one for my daughter next month.

Steve

The CROSSRAY BBQ can be viewed at Harvey Norman, Tuckers BBQ’s in Silverwater, The BBQ store in Preston’s.
Regards
Stephen.

Jimily

Jimilyasked

4-Burner Built-In

Can we have a side burner with this model please

Steve

Hello. The models I saw did not have a side burner and I don’t think they have one like that. Possibly best to contact the supplier in Melbourne cheers

Steve

The distributor is themofilm in Melbourne. Just google it. They are very efficient and quick. with information.

Jay V.

I did not see they had a model with a side burner

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Crossray 4-Burner Built-In