Crossray 4-Burner

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (30) · No
  • Safety

More than just a bbq

Purchased in November 2018.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thank you for your positive review.

Scoto

ScotoHobart, TAS

Best BBQ

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,988.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thank you for your amazing review.

Max

MaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We love our Crossray BBQ

I bought our Crossray BBQ, 4 burner, around February 2019. 3 things that stand out, far easier to keep clean, better more even cooking of food and it's also great to use it as a pizza oven so don't need to buy a separate one of them. Others in our family have now purchased their own Crossray

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,600.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thank you for your lovely review !! The best outdoor cooking appliance you will ever need.

Gas BBQs

Find out how Crossray 4-Burner compares to other Gas BBQs

Vicky

VickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No need for an oven

Since purchasing the crossray I find I don’t use my oven nearly as much, not to mention the fact that my life is so much easier as my husband cooks more. Anything you can do in your oven and stove top, you can do better on your crossray. Cleans up quicker and much easier than the oven and stove top as well.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,400.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thank you for such a wonderful review !!

Dave Nagel

Dave NagelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crossray BBQ - I love cooking again!

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,400.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thank you for leaving us a wonderful review, we hope you enjoy the CROSSRAY BBQ.

A great Bbq

I’ve had this about a month now and cooked steaks, sausages, roast chicken and pizza on this and all have been great. The top cooking rack is great for sausages - cooks them quickly by without burning. Steaks cook great - either with the good up or down. One of the best features is how easy it is to clean - just put it on high with lid down for 10 mins and everything burns away and you just need to rub a brush over it. I haven’t had to use any sort of cleaning cloths or sprays like on my old bbq.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,500.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thanks for such a fantastic review. Enjoy more time cooking and less time cleaning !!

Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe

Couldn't be happier with my new BBQ

I've had my cross ray for a couple of months and have given it a fair work out and couldn't be happier with it the roast meats are amazing and the double skin of the BBQ stops excessive heat from transferring to the outside of the BBQ, the even cooking of everything makes it a breeze to cook on and with no flare ups from the flames food is fantastic and juicy all the way through

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Steve, Thanks for such a wonderful review. Enjoy cooking tastier and juicer food.

Warren

WarrenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Versatile and quick

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,199.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Warren, thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. Enjoy cooking with no other outdoor appliance required.

RichardMilland

RichardMillandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best BBQ Ever

I have had my Crossray now for about 12 months. Very glad I made the change. We had a roast with vegies over the weekend and it the family said it was the best ever. I thought so too. With the BBQ being able to get so hoot it also makes the best Pizza's. Have used it for many things, the only issue was that I haven't quite perfected my Pav's, but any other dessert dish come up a treat.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,400.00.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Richard, thanks for leaving us a wonderful review. Happy cooking !!!

Gas BBQs

Find out how Crossray 4-Burner compares to other Gas BBQs

Ross

RossSydney, NSW

Simply the best gas BBQ on the market

Purchased in July 2019 at Included within an alfresco package..

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Thanks for leaving us a wonderful review. We are incredibility grateful that you took the time out to leave this note. We look forward to serving you again.

Chris

Chrisasked

4B Outdoor Kitchen TC4K-04

Hi there, what is the composite bench top like? Is it plasticky or more like a manufactured stone? Thanks.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Chris, the composite top is more like a stone top.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Robbie V.

Robbie V.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Hello. I'm really impressed with your reviews but am wondering if there are any plans to manufacture a 6 burner built in?
I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the 4 burner built in.

Thanks in advance
Robbie

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Robbie, our 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ has a total cooking are of 5474cm2. This is equivalent to a 6 Burner Traditional BBQ. You can also visit out www.crossray.com.au website and download the in-built manual for more information.

Best regards,

ChrisG

ChrisGasked

4-Burner

We were considering an Ooni or Rockboxx gas pizza oven to complement our existing reliable, but very old 4 burner gas barbecue. Can anyone that cooks pizzas advise the typical time taken on the Crossray to cook a pizza, and how do they compare to wood fired pizzas. Also do you cook pizzas on a metal plate, or a stone on top of the grill plates. Thanks Chris Healesville Vic.

Peter Barton
Peter Barton

Hi Chris. I have the CrossRay 2 burner bbq. I do pizzas on mine . I use a pizza stone.I bought a pizza rack from Bunnings that holds 3 pizza stones, so can do 3 pizzas at a time. It’s best to keep the stones up off the grill plate. I get the bbq to 300c in 10 minutes. Then i put the pizza on the stone and only takes 5 to 6 minutes depending on how thick the base is and how much topping. Pizza are very nice. I still think wood fired pizza are a bit better. But I love cooking on my CrossRay. Especially thick ribeye steaks.

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $1,399.00$1,299.00
TypeFreestandingBuilt-In
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 1255 x 1685 x 505 mm560 x 910 x 505 mm
Weight48 kg33 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Gas Rate 13 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared