Crossray 4-Burner

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.9

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (30) · No (1)
  • Safety

Michael H.

Michael H.Southwest, VIC

Leaves our guests wanting more

We have had the crossray now for five months and never had a bad meal - from delicate fish to large steaks this BBQ is amazing. Leaving the food moist and with so much flavour.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Stefan

StefanSydney Surrounds, NSW

This BBQ is by far the best one I've ever had.

The heat is even throughout the surface and it gets very hot so I often end up using the top shelf instead. Quality seems to be spot on as well, but I've only had it for 6 weeks, but so far so good.

Purchased in December 2020 for $4,500.00.

Not only is the bbq great, the customer service is exceptional. My hood was damaged and Brandon Lee from customer service sorted it out straight away. Great product backed by great after service.

Purchased in November 2020.

Best BBQ available

Reviewed BBQ options across all brands to replace our Webber. We bought the Crossray 2 burner about a month ago: used most nights instead of the stove, so gets a lot of use: The two burner gives about the same cooking area as our old 4 burner because the Crossray heating means we are cooking on the racks more effectively.
Pork ribs: 45 min; Portuguese chicken: 20 min; Porterhouse steak: 2min each side max
Weight is not excessive, so it can easily be moved around but not move while being used
Easy to put together- yes it is IKEA proof and the directions work
Easy to clean compared to both the Webber and standard 4 burner we had.
Very quick to reach cooking temp and does not burn the food.
Easily the best bbq we have ever had

Purchased in September 2020 for $799.00.

Absolutely devastated.

What an upgrade

After 14 Years of cooking on an old style of BBQ it was time for a new & up to date one, that I could build into a outdoor kitchen. The guys at Crossray were very helpful. Thank. I am looking forward to show it off to my mates.

Purchased in October 2020.

Great Customer Service

We purchased the 4 burner trolley BBQ and have had it for approx 3 weeks. We have cooked steaks, sausages and pork ribs and have been totally impressed. We did have a problem with number 4 burner initially, one phone call and 24 hours later a new burner was delivered and no further issues. Love the BBQ and great customer service!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jesse

JesseSouth East Queensland, QLD

This BBQ keeps getting better and so does the service...

When we first got the BBQ we thought it was good but now we think - WOW!!!
It cooks everything so much better and I've had some nice BBQ's over the years. Steak was amazing, we had a roast lamb the other night and the tuna steaks were superb. It cooks so well and so fast!

The service from these guys has been outstanding as well. Brandon is excellent. Always helpful and just keeps on trying to help.

Purchased in October 2020.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Everything we wanted in a bbq

This bbq is everything we were looking for. After hours of research on a bbq. We decided this is exactly what we wanted.
It has so many options in the way of cooking and the food tastes amazing. It is compact but can fit so much on it. A lot more than our old 4 burner. We were going to get a 6burner until we found this. We dealt with Michelle from Crossray/Heatstrip
Michelle has been nothing but amazing and her customer service is amazing, Michelle goes above and beyond for her customers which is greatly appreciated.
We couldn’t be happier with our purchase and our customer service! Thank you

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,700.00.

Best BBQ I have ever owned

The Crossray 4 burner is a fantastic BBQ. I love using it. The heat it generates and the speed at which it heats up is unparalled. I use it for cooking steaks, pizzas, slow cooking ribs and making unbelievable moist and tasty chickens on the rotisserie. Brandon has provided amazing sales and service support in the year I have had this BBQ . I can't ask for anything better.

Purchased in August 2019.

Noisyfridge

Noisyfridgesyd

A few issues but outstanding customer service so all fixed

Purchased in September 2020.

Peter00

Peter00South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic BBQ-will never settle for a cheap&nasty again!

Overall quality was very good, easy to assemble and even came with tools needed!
One minor problem was fixed with a simple phone call- Brandon went above what I was expecting

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Ty D.

Ty D.Sydney, NSW

A fantastic BBQ and very satisfied

BBQ has been very easy to operate and looks fantastic.
Quality is very sturdy and well built.
Customer service has been great.
Definitely can see this BBQ lasting a long time to come.

Purchased in September 2019.

Hans

HansGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

4 burner built in, best choice

We bought a 4 burner built in model, converted it to natural gas. It looks and feels fantastic. Very happy with our choice. New grilling techniques have to be explored, however new methods are very well explained with video and tutorials. Have fun

Purchased in May 2020.

Paul

PaulNorthern Region, NSW

I have finally found it!

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman.

JoH

JoHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service

Dealing with Thermofilm Australia for purchase of this BBQ has been very easy. I can't fault the customer service they have provided. It has been really great; very responsive and friendly. Competitive prices too. Next review will be for using the BBQ!

Purchased in November 2019.

Graeme

GraemeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply Outstanding

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,699.00.

Exceptional product

Exceeded expectations

Purchased the 4 burner Crossray in January after throwing out another BBQ that rusted out and under performed. The Crossray exceeded my expectations and the heat it pumps out is awsome across the whole grille cooking surface. Able to cook meat like a commercial grille and made us realise we've been struggling and trying to get a decent outcome on our previous units. Using the Crossray demonstrated we were wasting our time with the previous BBQs trying to achieve a consistent sear. Temperature control is great, quick and consistent. Our internal electric oven broke just before Easter and to boot we were able to bake hot cross buns and bread in the Crossray as well. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

James Barton

James BartonSouthwest, VIC

Exceptional BBQ, with fantastic customer support!

Cooks food beautifully and quickly, was most impressed with the quality and design.
One of the side tables had a small scratch when i un-boxed it. Contacted the Crossray customer support team, who i had been making inquiries with prior to purchasing the BBQ, and they sent out a replacement immediately. The support and backup for this product is unmatched.
I highly recommend this BBQ!

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,800.00.

Chris

Chrisasked

4B Outdoor Kitchen TC4K-04

Hi there, what is the composite bench top like? Is it plasticky or more like a manufactured stone? Thanks.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Chris, the composite top is more like a stone top.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Robbie V.

Robbie V.asked

4-Burner Built-In

Hello. I'm really impressed with your reviews but am wondering if there are any plans to manufacture a 6 burner built in?
I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the 4 burner built in.

Thanks in advance
Robbie

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Robbie, our 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ has a total cooking are of 5474cm2. This is equivalent to a 6 Burner Traditional BBQ. You can also visit out www.crossray.com.au website and download the in-built manual for more information.

Best regards,

ChrisG

ChrisGasked

4-Burner

We were considering an Ooni or Rockboxx gas pizza oven to complement our existing reliable, but very old 4 burner gas barbecue. Can anyone that cooks pizzas advise the typical time taken on the Crossray to cook a pizza, and how do they compare to wood fired pizzas. Also do you cook pizzas on a metal plate, or a stone on top of the grill plates. Thanks Chris Healesville Vic.

Peter Barton
Peter Barton

Hi Chris. I have the CrossRay 2 burner bbq. I do pizzas on mine . I use a pizza stone.I bought a pizza rack from Bunnings that holds 3 pizza stones, so can do 3 pizzas at a time. It’s best to keep the stones up off the grill plate. I get the bbq to 300c in 10 minutes. Then i put the pizza on the stone and only takes 5 to 6 minutes depending on how thick the base is and how much topping. Pizza are very nice. I still think wood fired pizza are a bit better. But I love cooking on my CrossRay. Especially thick ribeye steaks.

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Crossray 4-Burner

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $1,399.00$1,299.00
TypeFreestandingBuilt-In
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking and Temperature Gauge
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 1255 x 1685 x 505 mm560 x 910 x 505 mm
Weight48 kg33 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Gas Rate 13 mJ/hr13 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Crossray Infrared