4.5

• Trip Completed Yes (35) · No (299)
  • Ease of Booking
Frank

FrankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and ease of booking

First time using a cruise ship booking on line and found it so easy and comfortable, All aspects are explained in a clear manner and look forward to booking many more with Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for your business Frank, and for the great review, we do appreciate it!

Not conned

Not connedSouth East Queensland, QLD

New To book with the Guru

Lovely lady Helene was very helpful, booked 2 cruises, had slight problem with email but all resolved after a couple of phone calls. She was patient and sold me what I asked for, checking availability etc.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the positive review!

Maree

MareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very easy to deal with

Have been very good with the changes due to COVID-19. No extra charges and very helpful. Have rebooked my cruise from 2020 to 2021 with no problems. Would recommend to anyone booking their next holiday.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the thumbs up Maree, we hope to see our customers all cruising again soon!

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

Suggestion for clarity in booking

I have booked Cruise Guru a number of times before and found them quite good to deal with and prices are usually very competitive. However I do find it a bit confusing when looking at the costs of the cabin type chosen, you are given a choice of fares with indicators basically "deal 1" "deal 2" or "deal 3" but it does not spell out clearly what each deal offers. Why not just say "$2.00 deposit Free Drinks, No refunds" etc. Make life easier.

Doreen

DoreenSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with an Australian based company

birdie

birdieHobart, TAS

Cheapest price, excellent service.

Phone promptly and cheerfully answered. Cruise fare was at a discount to what could be obtained elsewhere. Adequate information given re cancellation policies and new regulation of Medical Certificate needed for age 70+ prior to sailing. Email followup giving account details sent without delay

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review, birdie, we appreciate it!

Boon

BoonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Beware their hidden charges!

Prompt Service even in Time of Crisis

During the very difficult time of the lockdowns because of COVID19, I have found it increasingly difficult to be able to talk to anyone involved in booking cruises. However, with Cruise Guru, I managed to get through to a representative within 10 minutes, and emails sent to them were answered within 24 hours. Their service to me has been very professional and prompt, with excellent follow up, and of course their prices are generally a little lower than anywhere else. Having had two cruises cancelled this year, I now have a new cruise booked for April 2021, doing exactly what I want and going exactly where I want to go!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great feedback Ann, we are trying to hardest to service everyone's requests as quickly as possible so it's great to hear we are hitting the mark. Thank you for your booking, we hope to get more people cruising asap!

Sonia

Sonia

Awesome only $2 Deposit & Payment Plan

Easy to deal with - good booking & cancellation policies - stays up to date with requests...Despite virus across globe hoping cruising industry will get back to being awesome....thanks for being professional & easy / honest!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review Sonia! We hope to see everyone cruising again soon too, thanks for your booking, we appreciate it.

LesNorthern Region, NSW

Covid 19 cancellations

Had our cruise cancelled due to covid 19 virus . I filled out refund request 2 weeks ago and have not received any correspondence relating to the matter at all I called an after a lengthy Wait I got told if I filled out form it will happen in due course an I’m not the only one ! Now I understand that , I just want answers, relating to who an how I’m going to get my refund from an what needs to be done to make it happen , a simple email or something explaining this would put my mind at ease , instead of being left in limbo

Heterick

HeterickSydney, NSW

Great company

We book a cruise on cruise guru, unfortunately it was canceled due to covid19, we rebooked with no problems at all, they kept in contact through this time informing us of all our options. Will book with cruise guru again in the future

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the positive feedback Heterick, we do appreciate it.

marlan

marlanPerth, WA

Great competitive cruises and OBCredit Staff helpful

This is the first time I have used Cruise Guru and we have booked 4 cruises with them. The only thing I would like to see is that they use Poli or Visa when you make the final payment. I would feel more secure using Bpay or PayPal as I don't know what Poli is like. I will be paying the balance by Visa which incurs
a few more dollars.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Prompt helpful service!

Due to the current Covid-19 situation, my South Pacific cruise for April 2020 was cancelled with the cruise company offering a 125% Future Cruise Credit as compensation for something that was out of their control. I was anxious to book the same unique cruise for 2021 before there was a rush on it. A very friendly and efficient Cruise Guru representative was able to secure the cabin I wanted and liaise with the cruise company to have the credit applied to my new booking, so I was very happy with the outcome. All my cruise bookings have in fact been with Cruise Guru and I have always been extremely satisfied.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the review Tony, we do appreciate it and thank you for choosing Cruise Guru for all your cruising needs.

CraigQueensland

Poor Communication

I booked a cruise weeks ago through qantas and cruise guru, paid the deposit and received very limited information from company. The Email that I did receive said that I would receive an email before final payment was to be made so that I could transfer the funds.
I have been watching Princess Cruises website to get info on the change of policy at the moment regarding final payments and due dates.

To my horror, my credit card has been debited thousands of dollars today with no notification and I have to pay a ridiculous credit card fee on top. There is no one there to answer calls or emails, so I hope I get a response soon.

So far, not very happy and would not recommend qantas or cruise guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Craig, I can confirm that the refund was processed on our side on 25 March, hopefully it will have reached you by now.

Sad times

No extra fees, I booked a 2 day cruise for my son and with everything that was happening with the virus they still did their best to help us out

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Deborah! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Heather

HeatherCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great cruise deals

Always find staff helpful and efficient. Always offer best deals and prices. Great when had problems easily solved.book 90% of cruises with them.keep up the good work well done. Definitely keep booking with them got my support.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Heather! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Chris the coffee guy

Chris the coffee guySydney, NSW

Excellent service under extreme circumstances

I commend all the staff at Cruise Guru for their excellent service under extreme circumstances as a direct result of the Coronavirus hysteria.
My only disappointment is the lack of speed and information from Royal Caribbean to Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the feedback, Chris! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Jody M.

Jody M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Big promises with no delivery

I cancelled my booking over 2 weeks ago and still no refund of my deposit despite multiple emails and promises that it would be processed. If they are unable to get a fundamental basic transaction right I have no confidence in them being able to deliver on a great holiday!

Hammy

HammyPerth, WA

Easy to book cruises through

We have booked two cruises through Cruise Guru and had a good experience with both. Unfortunately we had to postpone our May cruise until next year, but Holland America and Cruise Guru were just a phone call away and it was easy to do so. Both cruises only required an initial $25 deposit!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Hammy, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Lesasked

Hi I requested a 100% refund back in March an still no contact from yous except a Single reply to one of my emails ! When am I going to receive my money ? An am I going to be hit the $110 fee ? I have read in other questions on this platform that theres no fee resulting in the full refund can someone please call me as this is dragging on and on !

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Les. Unfortunately, refunds are taking an unusually long time for the cruise lines to process due to the sheer volume, on top of reduced working hours. We do understand this is frustrating during this difficult time, we are processing refunds as quickly as we can as soon as the money is returned by the cruise operators. We have put together an FAQ page to answer refund related questions which can be accessed here: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/covid-19-frequently-asked-questions/

For any specific questions related to your own booking, please call our reservations team on 131303 between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri or email them at reservations@cruiseguru.com.au with your booking number or telephone number so that they can reach out to you.

Pat FRasked

I have a cruise booked for four persons ~ 18 Nights Transpacific Cruise on Radiance of the Seas, departing from Sydney on he 18 April 2020, obviously I cannot get to Sydney to embark ship and would like to know if this cruise has been cancelled and if and when I can expect some documents about a refund or future cruise voucher. Booking No. 251735

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Pat, apologies for the delay as this reviews platform is not manned every day at the moment. We can see that Maddy from our call centre was in contact with you by email, so hopefully your questions have now been addressed.

Pat FR

Thanks very much. Maddy has replied to my questions and concerns.

Dione F.

Dione F.asked

Hi i would like to know now CARIBBEAN have cancelled my cruise at end of march and we are offered the 125% cruise deal or a full refund. I DO NOT WANT THE 125% DEAL AS CAN NOT GO ON ANY CRUISE DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS I called Caribbean today and we are Obviously entitled to a full refund as was advised in email and by phone. Do you take any of my money and how much is that? Shouldn't be anything as i never cancelled and its a pandemic corona virus. Kind regardsI

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Dione, thank you for contacting us. You will be receiving a full refund without cancellation fees. Please bear with us all as the cruise lines have thousands of refunds to process as you can imagine, so the turn around times are slower than usual.
Cruise Guru Team