Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (356)
  • Ease of Booking
Julie Dodd
Julie DoddMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Booking a cruise with Cruise Guru

Cruise Guru is easy to use and makes booking a breeze. Great competitive prices with small deposit required. No additional fees and good customer care when asking questions.

Will definetly book again using cruise guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your great review, Julie. We can't wait to get you on many, many cruises in the future!

Irene
IreneHunter Region, NSW

Excellent customer service

We had a major trip which was an expedition to Antarctica in 2021 booked with Cruise Guru and due to covid it needed moving.
We moved it to 2022 thinking the world will be all back to normal by then. As we now know it may not be and although we are happy to keep other reservations we do not feel comfortable with keeping a very expensive Antarctica expedition.
Cruise Guru do not appear to have charged us any fees for either transfer of the cruise and both times everything handled very quickly and professionally. Easy as can be.
Thank you Teagan and also Liz who was of assistance.

Hi Irene,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We will pass your gratitude along to Tegan and Liz. Hopefully we'll be able to get you to Antarctica soon!

Doreen
DoreenSydney, NSW

Great service for rebooking

We had our cruise cancelled due to COVID but got cruise credit from cruise guru. It was fairly easy to use the credit and book for next year. Thanks cruise guru for your prompt response.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

We're so happy to hear you have booked for next year, Doreen! Thanks for your great review!

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

Book with Cruise Guru if you dare !

Book with Cruise Guru at your own peril. Cruise canceled by cruise line, charged $110 per person penalty ! We received 100% refund from Clean Cruising for another canceled cruise. Totally unfair to penalise people when the cancellation was out of our control and Cruise Guru still received the commission from the cruise line.

Glenn R.

Cruise Guru still waiting for your reply. Replied the day I posted and here we are a week later no reply to the information you requested. Expect service like this if your crazy enough to trust Cruise Guru with your booking and money.

Fast efficient friendly

A bit of a mix up at first as the advertising wasn’t clear about there being TWO different promotions, but all good in the end and we got a great deal.

Hi Cruiser,
Thank you for your review! So glad to hear you got a great deal and we can't wait to get you on the water again!

David Sayle
David SayleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

Great customer service, was able to move a booking from a cancelled cruise to another date with ease, very fast and efficient helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend Cruise Guru very professional team.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks very much for the recommendation, David, we do appreciate it!

richie.metcalfe
richie.metcalfeSydney, NSW

Great travel company to deal with.

I booked a cruise in 2022 and the service I received from the consultant,Maxine,was excellent. I had a future cruise credit with Holland America, having had my two previous cruise cancelled through the virus, and Maxine followed through with them to make sure I received all entitlements I should receive. This is the 6th cruise I have booked with Cruise Guru and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a cruise in the future.

Great Customer Service

Katrina and her team are extremely professional and supply excellent customer service.
Once again my booked cruise was cancelled, so I had to find another cruise for my group which includes my Partner, my Uncle, his Wife and Myself. With Katrina's assistance we booked another Carnival cruise
and all being well are ready to set sail in September. The transaction was so easy for me .
Thank you Katrina and the cruise guru team !

Hi Anna,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're so happy to hear Katrina and the team were able to help you reschedule. We can't wait to get you cruising again!

Anna
Anna

Your welcome. Good service needs to be acknowledged .

Rip Off did not use

Bought tickets to a cruise that was cancelled. Quite prepared to move tickets to another cruise , it will cost me 450 dollars more. Get money back will cost me $110.

Addy

Thanks for the feedback. But I'm going a different direction. Please let me know when reimbursement for cruise minus admin fee will be received. vanny0173@gmail.com

Tezza
Tezza South East Queensland, QLD

Great Company

We’re booked several times with Cruise Guru have not had any problems with the service. Price Quoted was all we had to pay. All of the cruises met our expectations.

Bruce
BrucePerth, WA

Easy On Line Booking

Booked first cruise On Line. Process was quite straight forward and simple. More options offered by Cruise Guru than direct booking with shipping company. Would use again for future bookings.

Hi Bruce,
Thanks so much for your great review! We are certainly very proud of our website and online booking process, so we love to hear when our customers share our positive opinion!
Happy cruising!

K and D sailing
K and D sailingWestern Australia

Perfect outcome

When not able to complete booking for cruise Freo to Exmouth rtn 2022 consultant was amazing. She went above and beyond to satisfy our request explained everything. Very polite friendly helpful and very professional. Normally book with Cruise Guru and have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Hi K and D sailing,
We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our team. Thank you for your wonderful review!

Connie
ConnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful service

It was very easy to change my bookings due to COVID. The people I spoke with were very calm and polite, despite having the added stress of upheaval due to the state of affairs from the pandemic.

Hi Connie,
Thank you so much for your great review. We can't wait to get you cruising again!

Donna M.
Donna M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great customer service

Couldn't navigate P&O site to get what I needed but Cruise Guru soon fixed everything for me. Got the deck & cabins I wanted plus extra spending money. Very happy overall.

Hi Donna,
We love hearing about our clients' positive experiences! We're so excited to help you get cruising again!

Elleoop
ElleoopGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Second Time

We had a Cruise booked for Feb 2021; it got cancelled when they moved the no cruise to 31st May 2021. So we rescheduled our Cruise to January 2022. The Ladies were very helpful

Hi Elleoop,
So glad the team were able to help you get your cruise rescheduled. We are all certainly looking forward to being able to get on the water once again!

Linae
Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Regards

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives