Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes · No (353)
  • Ease of Booking

Rip Off did not use

Bought tickets to a cruise that was cancelled. Quite prepared to move tickets to another cruise , it will cost me 450 dollars more. Get money back will cost me $110.

Addy

Thanks for the feedback. But I'm going a different direction. Please let me know when reimbursement for cruise minus admin fee will be received. vanny0173@gmail.com

Tezza

Tezza South East Queensland, QLD

Great Company

We’re booked several times with Cruise Guru have not had any problems with the service. Price Quoted was all we had to pay. All of the cruises met our expectations.

Bruce

BrucePerth, WA

Easy On Line Booking

Booked first cruise On Line. Process was quite straight forward and simple. More options offered by Cruise Guru than direct booking with shipping company. Would use again for future bookings.

Hi Bruce,
Thanks so much for your great review! We are certainly very proud of our website and online booking process, so we love to hear when our customers share our positive opinion!
Happy cruising!

K and D sailing

K and D sailingWestern Australia

Perfect outcome

When not able to complete booking for cruise Freo to Exmouth rtn 2022 consultant was amazing. She went above and beyond to satisfy our request explained everything. Very polite friendly helpful and very professional. Normally book with Cruise Guru and have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Hi K and D sailing,
We're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our team. Thank you for your wonderful review!

Connie

ConnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful service

It was very easy to change my bookings due to COVID. The people I spoke with were very calm and polite, despite having the added stress of upheaval due to the state of affairs from the pandemic.

Hi Connie,
Thank you so much for your great review. We can't wait to get you cruising again!

Donna M.

Donna M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great customer service

Couldn't navigate P&O site to get what I needed but Cruise Guru soon fixed everything for me. Got the deck & cabins I wanted plus extra spending money. Very happy overall.

Hi Donna,
We love hearing about our clients' positive experiences! We're so excited to help you get cruising again!

Elleoop

ElleoopGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Second Time

We had a Cruise booked for Feb 2021; it got cancelled when they moved the no cruise to 31st May 2021. So we rescheduled our Cruise to January 2022. The Ladies were very helpful

Hi Elleoop,
So glad the team were able to help you get your cruise rescheduled. We are all certainly looking forward to being able to get on the water once again!

Desley

DesleySouth East Queensland, QLD

First Time User

Booked 3 cabins for my family for New Year Eve Cruise. Normally I would book face to face with my travel agent so I was a little apprehensive, but the ladies at cruise guru were so helpful both times I called with questions. I am so very happy, with the customer service. I received booking confirmation within minutes via email.

Hi Desley,
On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear of your great experience.
Cruise Guru

Excellent site, excellent services.

Booked one trip online, had some queiriesphone.
Nora gave me excellent service, so I bookes the nextcruise sector then.
So far so good. Hope it stays this way.
Looking at an other cuise, ill book with cruise guru

Hi Jenny,
We're so happy to hear about your great experience with Noora! We're excited to be able to get you onboard some truly exceptional cruises!

Richard and Rose

Richard and RoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Here we go again with the best cruise company Around

We have booked a cruise for December 2021 with cruise guru for our family including 8 cabins. P&O cruise with $1 deposits.

We have also booked a Panama Canal cruise with Holland America in 2022.

Can’t wait to get back Cruising again.

Easy as....but

Have booked several times with Cruise Guru...no dramas... helpful and responsive... only one matter that is unacceptable... online booking summary shows outline of costing including "2nd deposit" due date but doesn't tell you how much it is... don't assume it's the penalty cancel amount as shown...mine was twice that amount. More clarity is in order here.... there's no reason for the second deposit amount not to be shown online upon initial viewing... this amount is fixed depending on the total booking cost.... transparency please

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi John. Thank you for your feedback. Would you mind letting us know your booking reference number so we can investigate ways in which we can improve this?
Many thanks,

Raymond Russell

Raymond RussellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Booking Easy Saved Money

Booked a Tasmania cruise for 2022 perfect as the ship leaves from and returns to Adelaide
Saved money and got a better cabin Cheaper than the cruise lines web page
All Happy with everything

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Raymond. We love hearing about our customers' great experiences!

New Zealand cruise Nov 2020

Yes i booked 3 cabins, needed to cancell one 60 days before Princess Cancelled this cruise, Cruise Guru still hit me with a Fee of $220 . Forgetting that everything else was done Proffesionally --re Maxine! ive now rebooked 2 more cabins for NZ cruise in Nov 2021.

Pamela Walters

Pamela WaltersSydney, NSW

Fantastic service once again

Once again booked with Liz at cruise guru she has always been great but this time really surprised us went over and above expectations can’t speak highly enough of her

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for your kind words, Pamela, we have passed your comments onto Liz.

Sue B

Sue B

Very good service from Liz!

liz was very professional and helpful in my recent booking.
She had great patience when explaining my options.
We had a few Future Credits and On Board Credits and she helped me with organising them.
Thank you again Liz and Cruise Guru.
Sue.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks Sue B, we appreciate your review and your business, and we have passed on your comments to the lovely Liz.

Karen and Rob Nth Qld

Karen and Rob Nth QldFar North Queensland, QLD

Easy online booking process

The CruiseGuru website is the best one to use for booking your cruise. They make it so easy to get right through to the ‘book now’ button! Some others don’t let you choose your staterooms etc., and you have to wait for call backs. The Cruise Guru site takes 10 mins and it’s done! Communication back from them is also very prompt. We also love the low deposit options that allow us to have a cruise booking in place far off in the distance to look forward to. Now we just have to hope for no more (corona) cancellations.

Sue

SueSouthern and Hills, SA

Staff are fantastic

Easy to change cruise after cancellations Was to be on Pacific Aria and the ship was sold. Have rebooked for 2022. I had booked 2 cruises for 2021 and was easy with Cruise Guru. Liz was overly helpful and polite

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Sue, thanks for your review and for your custom, we have passed your comments onto Liz.
Regards, Cruise Guru

Peter C.

Peter C.Banks 2906, ACT

Booking misunderstanding but resolved

After Covid 19 I called and cancelled our cruise which was going to Hawaii in April 2021 as I realised this was going to be pie in the sky. I was told I would loose the $20 deposit I had paid on my credit card. I had no problem with that. I was told they have no record of my cancellation. They were prepared to cancel the cruise portion but would hold back $25 per person plus all card fees. I was contacted by Katrina who very professionally and very understanding, went through their processes and agreed to waive the $25 fee. Great result and I am very happy in the way she handled it. She assured my my money would be refunded into my credit card within a few days. Thank you Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the update Peter C, we are glad the issue was resolved satisfactorily for you.

Cruise Guru

Easy, accurate and efficient booking process

Cost provided early in search and didn’t change through the process of booking a cruise. Couldn’t have been easier and a really competitive price. Also almost instant confirmation. Overall a fantastic experience

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the wonderful feedback and review, Dusty.

Lynda D.Victoria

Terrible experience

Booking 4520074
Celebrity Edge 19th April
Discussed refund with Maddie in march

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives