• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No
  • Ease of Booking

Always helpful

We wanted advice about cruises incorporating specific locations. Several options given instantly with sailing dates and prices. They asked what sort of cabin we wanted and gave options. Everything worked out as planned. We wouldn't hesitate to use them in future. Communications are very good. Agents always pleasant and friendly. As they certainly get customers from other countries perhaps they could make their communication more generic instead of Aussie focused.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Mike, thank you for the great review, we have passed your feedback on to our reservations team. And thank you for your business too, we do appreciate it.

Ross

RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Work

I booked a 14 day cruise to NZ. The staff were very helpful and answered all my queries and booked the cabin that my wife and I were after. Thanks.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Ross, we do appreciate it!
Cruise Guru

Suggestion for clarity in booking

I have booked Cruise Guru a number of times before and found them quite good to deal with and prices are usually very competitive. However I do find it a bit confusing when looking at the costs of the cabin type chosen, you are given a choice of fares with indicators basically "deal 1" "deal 2" or "deal 3" but it does not spell out clearly what each deal offers. Why not just say "$2.00 deposit Free Drinks, No refunds" etc. Make life easier.

Deborah L.

Deborah L.

Sad times

No extra fees, I booked a 2 day cruise for my son and with everything that was happening with the virus they still did their best to help us out

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Deborah! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Heather

HeatherCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great cruise deals

Always find staff helpful and efficient. Always offer best deals and prices. Great when had problems easily solved.book 90% of cruises with them.keep up the good work well done. Definitely keep booking with them got my support.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Heather! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Hammy

HammyPerth, WA

Easy to book cruises through

We have booked two cruises through Cruise Guru and had a good experience with both. Unfortunately we had to postpone our May cruise until next year, but Holland America and Cruise Guru were just a phone call away and it was easy to do so. Both cruises only required an initial $25 deposit!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Hammy, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

HV001

HV001Sydney, NSW

Fantastic offers, low deposits, great service

I have booked a few cruises with Cruise Guru with low deposits which is great as can cancel and only lose $20 or $50 rather than hundreds of dollars. However I have managed to score a great deal on a 4 night Celebrity Solstice cruise with $600 US credit and I got the aquaclass suite at a great price.
The benefit of Cruise Guru is the lunches and launches they have for various cruise lines.
Recently I was invited to a tour and lunch on Queen Elizabeth. This was well organised and great to see the ship and enjoy the food and get fantastic deals from Cunard through Cruise Guru.
I recommend Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Adelaide cruiser

Adelaide cruiserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Have used Cruise Guru on a number of occasions to book cruises. Two staff members are standouts - Maddy and Liz. Any questions or requests were sorted immediately and their service and friendliness was excellent. Cruise Guru are the people to use to book your cruise.

Charmaine S.

Charmaine S.Sydney, NSW

easy peasey cruise booking

I have been on 10 cruise I have 2 booked and majority of these were thru cruise guru. Once tried you will never go else where. Best prices you will ever find. I don't like the credit card fee BUT you are fully informed and the cruises are still cheaper than anywhere.I love that you can do the booking on line any time but cruise guru is only a phone call away if needed.
Charmaine a cruise fan :)

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review, Charmaine, we are always striving to improve the online booking process and post-sales support so it's great to hear such feedback.

Carmen

CarmenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Keep on using Cruise Guru. Their ongoing support in my travels is very much appreciated!

I always deal with Katrina who is very honest in her dealing. Knows her job and is an asset to Cruise Guru. Will keep on using them although so many other agencies contact us in regards to our travels! Well done Katrina representing Cruise Guru!

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights, Tour and Visa
Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Than you for the great feedback, Carmen! Katrina is a fabulous asset to our team and we are very lucky to have her. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and we look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Cruise booking

We saw a late cruise offer on a Cunard vessel. After unsuccessfully trying 3 other web sites to secure the cabin at the right price I tried Cruise Guru for the first time. Very quickly we had the cabin we wanted at a cheaper than expected price. Now sitting on the balcony of the cabin of the QM2 having our morning tea we couldn't be happier. Thank you for the start of a special holiday Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Red, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays. We hope you have a nice time cruising onboard Cunard.

Pat FR

Pat FRPerth, WA

CRUISE GURE THE BEST

I have booked many cruises with this company and each time my experience is better than the previous one. I highly recommend Maddy Nelson for her high customer service, attention to detail an quick response to questions. Well done, my first and last port of call each time and every time.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the great feedback, Pat! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Wheels

WheelsSydney, NSW

My preferred option-Cruise Guru

excellent

the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable with the cruise line and with all of my quires
I received email confirmation and my invoice was sent to me the next day.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Ida, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

dave

daveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

easy cruising

first of all, great follow up, regular e-mails about the cruise which we like, also like the free credits we got.
we have just booked our next cruise with cruise guru,
ps love paying only $25 deposit for the cruise.
cheers dave & glenyce

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Dave, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Darren F.

Darren F.South East Queensland, QLD

Great cruise after rocky start

Alison de

Alison deSouthwest, VIC

Very easy to book online

I was making a booking for my husband to take his daughter on a cruise to celebrate her 50th birthday, and I was presenting the booking to them as a joint Christmas gift. Prior to making the booking I wondered whether it would be difficult to book on behalf of third parties, but it all went smoothly.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Alison! Please contact us if you need any information.

Excellent service

Cruise Guru staff are friendly and helpful with any inquiry I have made and booking a cruise is very easy They are always competitive with other cruise company's and and always confirm details on emails.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Jan, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Absolutely Brilliant!

I ALWAYS book my cruises through Cruise Guru. They are efficient, flexible, friendly and very well priced. If there is a problem, it is dealt with easily. I wouldn't book anywhere else.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the fabulous feedback, Jacquihill3! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

bruce d.

bruce d.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for cruise searching and hassle free booking

Fast and flexible cruise searching, straightforward booking process and helpful polite staff if you do need to contact them. Great deals on domestic and international cruises, very happy with the service.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Bruce! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives