Cruise Guru

Cruise Guru (page 2 of 21)

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (353)
  • Ease of Booking

Lynda D.Victoria

Terrible experience

Booking 4520074
Celebrity Edge 19th April
Discussed refund with Maddie in march

Always helpful

We wanted advice about cruises incorporating specific locations. Several options given instantly with sailing dates and prices. They asked what sort of cabin we wanted and gave options. Everything worked out as planned. We wouldn't hesitate to use them in future. Communications are very good. Agents always pleasant and friendly. As they certainly get customers from other countries perhaps they could make their communication more generic instead of Aussie focused.

Trip CompletedYes
Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Mike, thank you for the great review, we have passed your feedback on to our reservations team. And thank you for your business too, we do appreciate it.

Cruise Guru

It stupid how long furture to get back when another party

I have nothing but trouble I first got email saying That your refund when I arrange as cruise future cruise credit when rang up six maybe seven as people is stuffing us around then when finally got wat we wanted cruise guru put me in on stupid group booking and still waiting on it even know I had book the same time as another party who I was going with and they gotten there future cruise credit was able to used to pay for the disposit and I have

Karen Friel

Karen FrielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Greedy Cruise Guru

Do not use cruise guru. If your cruise is cancelled by P&O, Cruise guru keep an admin fee even though your whole booking was done online..very greedy of them. While P&O refunded the whole amount, this selfish travel agent takes a cut. Absolutely disgusting

Ross

RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Work

I booked a 14 day cruise to NZ. The staff were very helpful and answered all my queries and booked the cabin that my wife and I were after. Thanks.

Trip CompletedYes
Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Ross, we do appreciate it!

Maree M

Maree MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly, efficient service

All phone communications were very pleasant and mission accomplished. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Liz even rang Princess to clarify an issue for me. Well done ladies.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for your kind review, Maree M. We have passed on your comments to Liz and her Team Leader.

Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Sophie. We are sorry to hear of the rotten time that you have had. Thank you for the kind review, we have passed that on to Katrina.

Robert Muir

Robert MuirSouth East Queensland, QLD

$110.00 admin fees

Cruise guru are keeping a $110.00 admin fee for all cruises - thanks cruise guru you have been holding my money since march - for something of not our doing - we get hit with a charge - now flight centre done the same -got caught out by the accc - now if you pass a flight centre shop - no one in there - people remember who do the right thing . - I have another cruise booked through qantas 2nd payment due november - will the same happen take our money (10 couples) - then cancell and keep $110 . - same companys , robert muir brisbane

LinaeSydney, NSW

They keep part of your deposit if cruise is cancelled!!

I booked a cruise through Cruise Guru approx 7 months prior to the cruise. P&O cancelled the cruise and refunded our deposit in full to Cruise Guru. Cruise Guru took 2 weeks to refund our deposit and kept 40% for our deposit after us booking our own cabin and booking online without any assistance from them. Book with the cruise line direct! Do not use an agent!

Hi Linae,
Thank you for getting in contact with us. Could you please provide your P&O booking number so a member of our team can investigate your situation further?
Thanks,

6J7KWC
Your ref 26533417

Linae

I might add that I informed Cruise Guru that my cruise companion had aggressive cancer and could not travel anymore. You still kept our money!

HalfpintsHunter Region, NSW

Hopefully 'Third Time Lucky'

After registering with another agent I checked with Cruise Guru, the very friendly agent came back to me very quickly with a lower price, a better positioned cabin and straight forward information about what to expect on the cruise with regard to OBC.
Just one little bit worried me, when I telephoned the company to pay a small portion by credit card, the person who answered sounded as though she was answering outside on public telephone a busy public road (all OK the payment went through).
All we can hope for is this time we will be third time lucky and manage to get to Petra.

Stephan GAU

186 days and waiting

Been wanting 186 days and counting for a refund from a March 12 2020 cancellation cruise..it's now September..not happy at all..will I ever see my money again???.. hopefully this year sometime

Hi I can say today I received my refund...thanks

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Stephan G, thank you for responding, we are pleased to hear that your refund has now been received.

JenhPerth, WA

Far too long for waiting for a refund and pricey cancellation cost

Waited over 4 months for a refund !!! then when eventually paid they had the cheek to charge $110 cancellation fee :-(
Not happy, we will never use this company again they are a rip off, will deal direct with the cruise companies from now on or a decent travel agency one that does not rip you off with cancellation fees.

Can you please answer
Why is it some people are NOT charged the $110 cancellation fee and others like our group are? !!

Well done!

This is the second time our cruise has been cancelled by Carnival Cruise Line due to Covid 19.
Both times Maxine has organised future cruise dates. She has been wonderful to deal with and couldn't have been more helpful. In general I found all the staff at Cruise Guru that I had spoken too very professional and more than happy to assist.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your review Anna and for sharing your positive experience. Maxine is very grateful for your kind words.
Kind regards,

Josephine M.

Josephine M.Sydney, NSW

Waiting 20 weeks for refund

Luke C

Luke CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Slow Refunds and Unreasonable Administration Fee

In mid-April, our Princess cruise was cancelled for July 2020. CruiseGuru was holding most of our money and only a deposit was held by Princess. It is now 20 weeks later and no refund has been provided. Additionally, CruiseGuru is charging an unreasonable $110pp administration fee, so $330 is reasonable for an online cruise booking? A similar administrative fee that was recently dropped by Flight Centre due to ACCC intervention. You'd expect that in paying this $110pp administration fee that CruiseGuru would have the resources and systems to quickly return funds, but this is not the case. If/when cruising returns, I will be avoiding this agency and suggest you do the same.

Still waiting for refund

Been waiting since April for my refund, told holland America has given them the money back ,still waiting though about a month now. My cruise was to be in June, how long can they keep my money for. Found them good in the past but this is going on for too long

Booking no CPHK8P, Regards Valerie and Alan York

julia

juliaPerth, WA

Refund success at last!

Following two "one" star reviews on this site over the past three weeks, and contacting my bank to dispute the transaction.... I can now report that I have received my cruise refund. The money is safely in my bank account now. I am relieved and happy. Not sure why it took 16 weeks, given that Cruise Guru never sent Princess Cruises the final payment in June. The cruise was for a 29 August 2020 departure. I hope I never experience anything like this again. Good luck everyone x

Sue K

Sue KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Company

Have booked quite a few cruises with Cruise Guru. Always found easy to deal with. Usually competitive prices but still look at cruise line direct to weigh up. 75% of time cheaper.
Having had to cancel a couple of cruises was disappointed in $110 pp admin fee charged.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you Sue K for the positive review, we appreciate it along with your patronage.

Adrian SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Waiting 14 weeks for refund that was paid by P&O in early June 2020

Vague replies from Cruise Guru for refund of $3,800 for cruise impacted by COVID-19. P&O paid refund to them on 6 June 2020. Emailed thrice and received vague refund period.

Adrian S

Cruise Guru has finally refunded me.

Rocco85Sydney, NSW

Really Disappointed in the Lack of Updates

Rocco85

Update from Cruise Guru: had to ring someone AGAIN to find out what is going on. Was told our refund is in the queue to be refunded As they are now doing the sailings from April.

Rocco85

Final update: refund now paid only took 6 months also was lucky the $110 fee PP was not charged

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives