Cruise Guru

Cruise Guru (page 3 of 21)

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (353)
  • Ease of Booking

Samantha D.Launceston, TAS

Still waiting for refund from cruise guru :(

So had a cruise booked for 20/07/2020 I cancelled at first option 05/05/2020 after contact after contact with cruise guru to find out they had just received funds last week after being told carnival had sent it to them on the 06/06/2020, anyway was also told last week I'm in a que for a refund I just want a refund like many of us we are all struggling in these hard times but at least you guys have jobs some of us weren't that lucky and we really could use that extra money just wish I would get refunded soon fingers crossed :( also had someone else that was on the same cruise with us who booked direct cancelled at the same time and got a refund within the month of cancellation think I will book direct next time

My booking number is CM7NWW

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Please return our refund thank you

We are still waiting on our refund from Cruise Guru, since end of May. Six of our friends got their refund eight and six weeks ago, from other travel agents. When I phoned the office beginning of June, I was told they had received our four booking payments fees from P&O and we would receive it soon, still waiting. 24/8/20. After many e-mails and calls. I do appreciate the ladies in the office who are Very Nice are Very busy, But honestly how long does it take, you have the money, please pay it back. We are pensioners. Stop wasting time, sending out future cruise, and more time spent on our refunds.

Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, hopefully not another long wait for refund. the booking numbers are,
5H3W5H. 5H3W6W. PLEASE PLEASE, pay back our money, Elizabeth Perth W.A. .27/8/20

Waiting for refund

We are waiting for refund , email them often, booked with celebrity and they have refunded money, what right have cruise guru to hang on to this money , it is not their’s , keep making excuses, Shame on them, will never use again, we are pensioners going on the cruise of a lifetime and are really worried we’ve seen the last of our money.

Hi Maria,
Are you able to advise your booking reference number so that we can investigate the whereabouts of your refund?
Thanks,

Booking number is 262463

SophieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still no refund - 245989

After 14.5 weeks of my initial refund request, I’m still waiting for my cruise refund. The cruise liner stated they paid cruise guru in full, months ago! Other guests in our group, booked direct and/or with other cruise companies and have received their FULL REFUND back weeks and weeks ago. I have phoned and emailed several times and like everyone else, have been fobbed off! I’m actually getting worried that i’ll Never receive any money, let alone a full refund as initially promised.
I understand the pressures of this pandemic, but it’s extremely delayed when it’s needed the most.

Sophie

Thank you for the reply. Will I receive a full refund as promised on the above booking?

Now 16 weeks with no refund and no date for a refund return :(

BelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Like most still waiting for a refund

After following up AGAIN two weeks ago I was told the funds were in fact received back from Carnival &my refund was in the que . What a surprise Still waiting. I initially complained I was being charged $110 admin per person ( 8 people 4 of which are children) . They did agree to halve the admin fee, however now I'm reading others have had their fees fully refunded. I am a repeat customer of Cruise Guru ( several bookings) & even have another upcoming cruise with them. Seriously questioning if I should go ahead with that now & instead book direct . BTW Flight Centre waived all admin fees for their customers . Just do the right thing and return peoples full refund & quickly .

Hi Belle,
Thank you for contacting us. Would you mind advising your booking reference number so we can investigate further?
Many thanks,

booking numbers are 237421 & 237423

Belle

Have been advised it could still be an additional 14 weeks on top of the 15 we have already waited . NEVER AGAIN

warren curby

warren curbyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Service above.

I found the customer service by Lusi to be first class. She was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Thank you for you time ,Warren I will be recommending Cruise Guru to all my friends.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your positive review Warren! We very much appreciate it!

CherSydney, NSW

Will never book with them again

Very disappointed with cruise guru we have cruised many times with other agent without any problems. Our cruise was cancelled and it took four months to receive our money and they took $220 for fees, others who booked through other agencies were not charged a fee at all. Carnival charged them no fees at all. We will never book with them again, they kept promising our money would be returned for weeks before we finally got it. Don’t use cruise guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Cher, we are sorry to hear about your experience, could you please provide us with a booking number so that our team may review?

Cher

Yes, I knew nothing would happen hence my review

Dont use these muppets

I just want to say Cruise Guru is the worst company i have ever dealt with. I placed a deposit on a cruise last christmas. Last week they took $9000 out of my account without my approval. I have been to my bank and have the fraud department chasing these muppets. Wouldnt take a cruise off these clowns for free. I know this is the wrong section but im posting this statement everywhere to help someone else from having funds stolen by these monkeys

Awaiting refund

We cancelled our Royal Caribbean cruise online 3 times earlier in March and emailed Cruise Guru and Qantas Cruises on the 20/3 advising that we had not received any confirmation for our cancellation. We received an email from Qantas Cruises on the 26/3 saying our cancellation request had been received. We received a further email from Cruise Guru on the 8/4 also acknowledging the cancellation but still no refund after many more follow ups and told initially our refund could take up to 8 weeks. It is now over 16 weeks and nothing apart from saying they were prioritising requests.

Really very unhappy with the service and lack of updates or generic vague ones.

Mark & Roz

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for contacting us Mark and Roz. Would you mind letting us know your booking number so we can investigate further?

Mark and Roz
Mark and Roz

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Very polite helpful service!

I rang Cruise Guru to cancel and rebook an identical cruise for 2022. The assistant, Maxine, was extremely helpful and was able to book the cabin I had chosen, put in all our details from the existing booking, double check everything, cancel the original booking and, in a very friendly manner, wish us all the very best in these uncertain times. The documentation all arrived by email within minutes. Very relieved to be able to cancel and rebook so easily!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your positive review Tony. Your feedback has been passed along to Maxine and she is very grateful for the kind words.
Kinds regards,

JUST BE HONEST

Hi Leanne,
We're sorry you've had a less than positive experience. Can you please advise your booking number so we can investigate the whereabouts of your refund?
Many thanks,

leanne

I also contacted the cruise line you have my money it has now been 18 weeks since it was cancelled that so s well over they time stated

Brad

BradSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cancelled booking against our wishes

Email stated they would take full payment from credit card on due date. They cancelled the booking instead. They then had the hide to charge us a cancellation fee. I spent 2 weeks trying to re-book the cruise being assured on numerous occasions that Cruiseguru would contact me. I had to phone them each time. Eventually an agent helped us and sorted the problem promptly. New booking has been made so the issue was resolved but it should never had been an issue in the first place. Don't assure me of one thing then do the opposite. Was extremely annoyed that they cancelled our booking when the email said that payment would be made automatically.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Brad, we are sorry to hear of the situation that you experienced, but glad to hear that it has now been resolved for you. Could you please supply us with your booking number so that we may review what has occurred?

GaganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

False advertising

I have received a refund today after 4 months of constantly contacting cruise guru. My total cruise cost was $2,368 however I only received a refund of $1,928 which is $440 less. Of course the excuse is $110 cancellation fee per person so that makes it to the total of $440 ( 2 of these are children's fares) . On 14th Feb 2020 Information was released in various media articles stating that "cruise guru was going to waive all cancelation and amendment fees" yet I find months later they have taken the full amount they possibly can. Very disappointed. P and O Cruises answered my queries quickly and confirmed they refunded the full amount of money to Cruise Guru in May. Shame on Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Gagan, we are sorry to hear about your experience in relation to our refund policies, plus delays in processing brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Could you please advise your booking number so that our team may review?

5H9VGN

JohnsonCentral, SA

Poor service on refund.

Cruise Guru have had my refund from cruise company for some time. Every time I contact them, they keep fobbing me off. I am sick of their excuses, including that the bank limits each day how much they can refund. Cruise Guru is also double-dipping by receiving both a commission and cancellation fee. This is a rip-off. We will never use their services again and suggest that everyone books direct. The extra 'perks' that you may receive are soon forgotten when a problem occurs.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Johnson, we are sorry to hear about your experience during this very challenging time brought about by COVID. Please could you advise your booking number so that we may review?

Johnson

I have been in regular contact with your reps and they just keep telling me that I am one of many people waiting on refunds. I just think that 10 weeks is a long time to be waiting. Other TAs are returning refunds in max 4 weeks.

8HWT92

Satisfactory outcomes

I booked a cruise Carnival Splendor which I had to cancel in March for medical reasons just as the Covid problems were arising.
Cruise guru informed me that they had received the refund from Carnival on the 18th June but I have still not received the money despite numerous emails.
My experience with Cruise Guru initially was very good.

Chaz39

Chaz39South East Queensland, QLD

Great Service, very professional

I have made many cruise bookings with Cruise Guru over the years. Everytime I have received my booking details within 2 to 3 days. Thecteam has been very helpful when I hace had any questions. During the COVID19 pandemic, Cruise Gury have continued to provide great service. I would have no issues recommending this travel agency to my family and friends.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks very much for the great review Chaz39, it's great to know our service is still well regarded even when we are stretched during this challenging time.

Unacceptable

Cancelled our Celebrity cruise on March 16 and still waiting for refund. Have followed up several times and keep getting told that refund wait time is being extended over and over. 4 months is a long time to wait. We paid in full in November 2019 - approx $10000.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for contacting us Adelle. Can you please advise your booking number so that we can investigate further?

Jack

JackFar North Queensland, QLD

Great service from Ozcruising

I have had 2 cruises cancelled because of the Corona Virus, I would have liked to take the offer of a Future Cruise Credit but as I have more cruises booked with Carnival, I have had to take a full refund. I know there are a lot of bad reviews regarding refunds but I have not experienced a problem at all, I have received my refund sooner than the time scale I was given. I feel sorry for the Ozcruising staff being at the brunt of all the abuse they have been given. I, for one am looking forward to cruising again as soon as we are able to.

Traveller

Traveller

Refund delay

Gerry

GerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Problem Solved

Thankyou for solving the the problem about refunds ,We recieved the refund and were pleased with the service from Cruise Guru and we will use them again and recomend them to our friends.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your positive review Gerry. We look forward to getting you onboard your next cruise holiday!
Thanks,

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives