Cruise Guru

Cruise Guru (page 4 of 21)

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (353)
  • Ease of Booking

TontoNew South Wales

Not Happy

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for contacting us Lorraine. We're sorry you've had a less than optimal experience.
Would you be able to let us know your booking reference number so we can investigate further?
Many thanks,

XKMT4J

Excellent service

I was wanting to use a cruise credit which I got due to cancellation connected with coronavirus. Everything was smoothly done with a lovely staff member who took care of everything. She called me back when she said she would and it was hassle free

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Yinarri. Our team will really appreciate hearing you were happy with their service.
Kind regards,

Gezza

GezzaSydney, NSW

Beware

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Gezza, we are sorry to hear about your experience during these challenging times. Could you please provide us with your booking number(s) so that our team can review?

Disappointing performance regarding refund

Our cruise was cancelled due to Covid and Celebrity USA wired our refund amount of around $1300 to Cruise Guru Australia on April 27th.
They are still holding this money and have not responded to requests to transfer it to our credit card account.

Hi John,
Thank you for contacting us. Are you able to advise your booking reference number so we can investigate further?
Thanks,

John A
John A

We received our refund payment yesterday and updated our review accordingly.Thank you.
regards
John and Christina

Consumer

ConsumerSydney, NSW

Taking Advantage

Have always booked via QantasCruises/CruiseGuru but never never never again. Qantas is ripping off their customers left right and centre by not refunding and now Qantas CruiseGuru doing some more profiteering from their customers and Coronavirus. Cunard refunding 100% but CruiseGuru keeping it for administration. Would have thought Cunard would have more administration costs than CruiseGuru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for contacting us. Can you please provide us with your booking number so we can investigate further?
Thanks,

Refund policy $110.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Mark, we are very sorry to hear about your less than optimal experience over your latest booking. Could you please provide your booking number so that we may pass this on to our reservations team to investigate?

Mark
Mark

Hi Mark,
We understand that the Cruise Guru team leader has been in contact with you. We hope the outcome of your conversation was to your satisfaction. We hope that you will one day get to enjoy cruising again.
Kind regards,

Profiting from covid 19

Our cruise was cancelled by carnival cruises due to corona virus.
We have contacted cruise guru about our refund and have been told that there will be a $110 fee for that cancellation.
We did not choose to cancel the cruise and I am taken a back that they are choosing to make a money out of this situation.
We were given little explanation as to what the $110 fee is going towards- just a vague answer of admininstative fees. I would think that it wouldn’t be our responsibility to pay staff, especially with job keeper payment made by the government.
We would not recommend using cruise guru for any bookings.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Great lot of people that work there

I have gone though them many times I had to cancel my last cruise but it was so easy to rebook and everyone is so helpful to get me on the next cruise

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you so much for your review, Tina. We appreciate it!

Unhappy Jack

Unhappy JackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Happy

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unprofessional Cruise Guru

We booked two cruises in Europe for May 2020. One was booked directly through Celebrity Cruises and the other through Cruise Guru. Celebrity were very professional and proactive in keeping us informed of the cancelled cruises and refunded our money promptly within 30 days. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Cruise Guru. There was no contact from them regarding our cancelled cruise and like many other people we were astounded to be advised by Cruise Guru that it would take more than 100 days to have our money refunded. They also advised that they would take $110 per person administration fee. We are extremely disappointed with Cruise Guru and would definitely NOT recommend them.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi we are sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please provide us with a booking number so that we may follow up?

Disappointed

Hi, our booking number is 242223. We would appreciate our full refund within 30 days.

andygang w.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Profiteering by charging customers a whopping cancellation fee for P&O's cancellation due to Coronavirus Pandemic

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi andygang w., we are sorry to hear about your situation in this difficult time. Could you please provide us with a booking number, so that we can follow up?

Frank

FrankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and ease of booking

First time using a cruise ship booking on line and found it so easy and comfortable, All aspects are explained in a clear manner and look forward to booking many more with Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for your business Frank, and for the great review, we do appreciate it!

Not conned

Not connedSouth East Queensland, QLD

New To book with the Guru

Lovely lady Helene was very helpful, booked 2 cruises, had slight problem with email but all resolved after a couple of phone calls. She was patient and sold me what I asked for, checking availability etc.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the positive review!

Maree

MareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very easy to deal with

Have been very good with the changes due to COVID-19. No extra charges and very helpful. Have rebooked my cruise from 2020 to 2021 with no problems. Would recommend to anyone booking their next holiday.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the thumbs up Maree, we hope to see our customers all cruising again soon!

Suggestion for clarity in booking

I have booked Cruise Guru a number of times before and found them quite good to deal with and prices are usually very competitive. However I do find it a bit confusing when looking at the costs of the cabin type chosen, you are given a choice of fares with indicators basically "deal 1" "deal 2" or "deal 3" but it does not spell out clearly what each deal offers. Why not just say "$2.00 deposit Free Drinks, No refunds" etc. Make life easier.

Doreen

DoreenSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with an Australian based company

birdie

birdieHobart, TAS

Cheapest price, excellent service.

Phone promptly and cheerfully answered. Cruise fare was at a discount to what could be obtained elsewhere. Adequate information given re cancellation policies and new regulation of Medical Certificate needed for age 70+ prior to sailing. Email followup giving account details sent without delay

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review, birdie, we appreciate it!

Boon

BoonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Beware their hidden charges!

Prompt Service even in Time of Crisis

During the very difficult time of the lockdowns because of COVID19, I have found it increasingly difficult to be able to talk to anyone involved in booking cruises. However, with Cruise Guru, I managed to get through to a representative within 10 minutes, and emails sent to them were answered within 24 hours. Their service to me has been very professional and prompt, with excellent follow up, and of course their prices are generally a little lower than anywhere else. Having had two cruises cancelled this year, I now have a new cruise booked for April 2021, doing exactly what I want and going exactly where I want to go!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great feedback Ann, we are trying to hardest to service everyone's requests as quickly as possible so it's great to hear we are hitting the mark. Thank you for your booking, we hope to get more people cruising asap!

Sonia

Sonia

Awesome only $2 Deposit & Payment Plan

Easy to deal with - good booking & cancellation policies - stays up to date with requests...Despite virus across globe hoping cruising industry will get back to being awesome....thanks for being professional & easy / honest!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the great review Sonia! We hope to see everyone cruising again soon too, thanks for your booking, we appreciate it.

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Regards

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives