Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (0) · No (8)
  • Ease of Booking

Still waiting for refund

Been waiting since April for my refund, told holland America has given them the money back ,still waiting though about a month now. My cruise was to be in June, how long can they keep my money for. Found them good in the past but this is going on for too long

Booking no CPHK8P, Regards Valerie and Alan York

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Please return our refund thank you

We are still waiting on our refund from Cruise Guru, since end of May. Six of our friends got their refund eight and six weeks ago, from other travel agents. When I phoned the office beginning of June, I was told they had received our four booking payments fees from P&O and we would receive it soon, still waiting. 24/8/20. After many e-mails and calls. I do appreciate the ladies in the office who are Very Nice are Very busy, But honestly how long does it take, you have the money, please pay it back. We are pensioners. Stop wasting time, sending out future cruise, and more time spent on our refunds.

Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, hopefully not another long wait for refund. the booking numbers are,
5H3W5H. 5H3W6W. PLEASE PLEASE, pay back our money, Elizabeth Perth W.A. .27/8/20

Satisfactory outcomes

I booked a cruise Carnival Splendor which I had to cancel in March for medical reasons just as the Covid problems were arising.
Cruise guru informed me that they had received the refund from Carnival on the 18th June but I have still not received the money despite numerous emails.
My experience with Cruise Guru initially was very good.

Booking Services

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

Natara

NataraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with overnight price increase

I was looking at a cruise late one night & thought I’ll book that in the morning.
Next morning I went online & was surprised at a considerable price increase.
I phone Cruise Guru and I was disappointed with their response ......they would not honour the quote of the day before.

TrevorWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

grumpy booking agent

Unfortunately my latest contact with Cruise Guru was with a grumpy booking agent and made the process disparaging. I just went with the flow and hope that her day improved

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.
Thanks for understanding,
Cruise Guru Team

XCWR8X ..... Noora HAMZE was her name

Kate CSydney

A bit tricky

We booked a cruise which stated it was a saving of 51%. I became overexcited and booked without checking on other sites. I found cheaper prices after I had booked. We were given $200 onboard credit but another popular site gave $276 onboard credit. Cruise Guru don't say at the beginning that you will have to pay 1.5% extra for credit card use whereas the other company I usually book with doesn't charge extra for credit card payment. It's my own fault. I should have checked to find out what other cruise companies had to offer; I will next time. We are happy with the cabin we got with Cruise Guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the feedback, Kate. Please let us know your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.

Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tas tour

No surprise fees or charges during booking process.
Procedure straight forward no complications, surprise spending in $us,
Booked on weekend so receipt received day later. Option to change booking no needed.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I've forwarded your feedback to the concerned department. Please feel free to contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for further assistance.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I have use Cruise Guru before and will use it again.

No additional fees I am aware off at this stage.
Cunard from South Africa to Perth. Had trouble transferring money.. via Visa card.....seemed imminent money was to be paid immediately upon booking.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Steve, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience in transferring the money, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. May I know the booking id so we can investigate further.

2P3HHW

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Regards

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives