Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (0) · No (47)
  • Ease of Booking

Book with Cruise Guru if you dare !

Book with Cruise Guru at your own peril. Cruise canceled by cruise line, charged $110 per person penalty ! We received 100% refund from Clean Cruising for another canceled cruise. Totally unfair to penalise people when the cancellation was out of our control and Cruise Guru still received the commission from the cruise line.

Glenn R.
Glenn R.

Rip Off did not use

Bought tickets to a cruise that was cancelled. Quite prepared to move tickets to another cruise , it will cost me 450 dollars more. Get money back will cost me $110.

Addy

Thanks for the feedback. But I'm going a different direction. Please let me know when reimbursement for cruise minus admin fee will be received. vanny0173@gmail.com

Lynda D.Victoria

Terrible experience

Booking 4520074
Celebrity Edge 19th April
Discussed refund with Maddie in march

Find out how Cruise Guru compares to other Booking Services

It stupid how long furture to get back when another party

I have nothing but trouble I first got email saying That your refund when I arrange as cruise future cruise credit when rang up six maybe seven as people is stuffing us around then when finally got wat we wanted cruise guru put me in on stupid group booking and still waiting on it even know I had book the same time as another party who I was going with and they gotten there future cruise credit was able to used to pay for the disposit and I have

Karen Friel

Karen FrielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Greedy Cruise Guru

Do not use cruise guru. If your cruise is cancelled by P&O, Cruise guru keep an admin fee even though your whole booking was done online..very greedy of them. While P&O refunded the whole amount, this selfish travel agent takes a cut. Absolutely disgusting

Stephan GAU

186 days and waiting

Been wanting 186 days and counting for a refund from a March 12 2020 cancellation cruise..it's now September..not happy at all..will I ever see my money again???.. hopefully this year sometime

Hi I can say today I received my refund...thanks

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Stephan G, thank you for responding, we are pleased to hear that your refund has now been received.

JenhPerth, WA

Far too long for waiting for a refund and pricey cancellation cost

Waited over 4 months for a refund !!! then when eventually paid they had the cheek to charge $110 cancellation fee :-(
Not happy, we will never use this company again they are a rip off, will deal direct with the cruise companies from now on or a decent travel agency one that does not rip you off with cancellation fees.

Can you please answer
Why is it some people are NOT charged the $110 cancellation fee and others like our group are? !!

Josephine M.

Josephine M.Sydney, NSW

Waiting 20 weeks for refund

Luke C

Luke CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Slow Refunds and Unreasonable Administration Fee

In mid-April, our Princess cruise was cancelled for July 2020. CruiseGuru was holding most of our money and only a deposit was held by Princess. It is now 20 weeks later and no refund has been provided. Additionally, CruiseGuru is charging an unreasonable $110pp administration fee, so $330 is reasonable for an online cruise booking? A similar administrative fee that was recently dropped by Flight Centre due to ACCC intervention. You'd expect that in paying this $110pp administration fee that CruiseGuru would have the resources and systems to quickly return funds, but this is not the case. If/when cruising returns, I will be avoiding this agency and suggest you do the same.

Booking TypeCruise

Still waiting for refund

Been waiting since April for my refund, told holland America has given them the money back ,still waiting though about a month now. My cruise was to be in June, how long can they keep my money for. Found them good in the past but this is going on for too long

Booking no CPHK8P, Regards Valerie and Alan York

Adrian SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Waiting 14 weeks for refund that was paid by P&O in early June 2020

Vague replies from Cruise Guru for refund of $3,800 for cruise impacted by COVID-19. P&O paid refund to them on 6 June 2020. Emailed thrice and received vague refund period.

Adrian S

Cruise Guru has finally refunded me.

Rocco85Sydney, NSW

Really Disappointed in the Lack of Updates

Rocco85

Update from Cruise Guru: had to ring someone AGAIN to find out what is going on. Was told our refund is in the queue to be refunded As they are now doing the sailings from April.

Rocco85

Final update: refund now paid only took 6 months also was lucky the $110 fee PP was not charged

Please return our refund thank you

We are still waiting on our refund from Cruise Guru, since end of May. Six of our friends got their refund eight and six weeks ago, from other travel agents. When I phoned the office beginning of June, I was told they had received our four booking payments fees from P&O and we would receive it soon, still waiting. 24/8/20. After many e-mails and calls. I do appreciate the ladies in the office who are Very Nice are Very busy, But honestly how long does it take, you have the money, please pay it back. We are pensioners. Stop wasting time, sending out future cruise, and more time spent on our refunds.

Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, hopefully not another long wait for refund. the booking numbers are,
5H3W5H. 5H3W6W. PLEASE PLEASE, pay back our money, Elizabeth Perth W.A. .27/8/20

Waiting for refund

We are waiting for refund , email them often, booked with celebrity and they have refunded money, what right have cruise guru to hang on to this money , it is not their’s , keep making excuses, Shame on them, will never use again, we are pensioners going on the cruise of a lifetime and are really worried we’ve seen the last of our money.

Hi Maria,
Are you able to advise your booking reference number so that we can investigate the whereabouts of your refund?
Thanks,

Booking number is 262463

SophieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still no refund - 245989

After 14.5 weeks of my initial refund request, I’m still waiting for my cruise refund. The cruise liner stated they paid cruise guru in full, months ago! Other guests in our group, booked direct and/or with other cruise companies and have received their FULL REFUND back weeks and weeks ago. I have phoned and emailed several times and like everyone else, have been fobbed off! I’m actually getting worried that i’ll Never receive any money, let alone a full refund as initially promised.
I understand the pressures of this pandemic, but it’s extremely delayed when it’s needed the most.

Sophie

Thank you for the reply. Will I receive a full refund as promised on the above booking?

Now 16 weeks with no refund and no date for a refund return :(

BelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Like most still waiting for a refund

After following up AGAIN two weeks ago I was told the funds were in fact received back from Carnival &my refund was in the que . What a surprise Still waiting. I initially complained I was being charged $110 admin per person ( 8 people 4 of which are children) . They did agree to halve the admin fee, however now I'm reading others have had their fees fully refunded. I am a repeat customer of Cruise Guru ( several bookings) & even have another upcoming cruise with them. Seriously questioning if I should go ahead with that now & instead book direct . BTW Flight Centre waived all admin fees for their customers . Just do the right thing and return peoples full refund & quickly .

Hi Belle,
Thank you for contacting us. Would you mind advising your booking reference number so we can investigate further?
Many thanks,

booking numbers are 237421 & 237423

Belle

Have been advised it could still be an additional 14 weeks on top of the 15 we have already waited . NEVER AGAIN

CherSydney, NSW

Will never book with them again

Very disappointed with cruise guru we have cruised many times with other agent without any problems. Our cruise was cancelled and it took four months to receive our money and they took $220 for fees, others who booked through other agencies were not charged a fee at all. Carnival charged them no fees at all. We will never book with them again, they kept promising our money would be returned for weeks before we finally got it. Don’t use cruise guru.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Cher, we are sorry to hear about your experience, could you please provide us with a booking number so that our team may review?

Cher

Yes, I knew nothing would happen hence my review

Dont use these muppets

I just want to say Cruise Guru is the worst company i have ever dealt with. I placed a deposit on a cruise last christmas. Last week they took $9000 out of my account without my approval. I have been to my bank and have the fraud department chasing these muppets. Wouldnt take a cruise off these clowns for free. I know this is the wrong section but im posting this statement everywhere to help someone else from having funds stolen by these monkeys

Awaiting refund

We cancelled our Royal Caribbean cruise online 3 times earlier in March and emailed Cruise Guru and Qantas Cruises on the 20/3 advising that we had not received any confirmation for our cancellation. We received an email from Qantas Cruises on the 26/3 saying our cancellation request had been received. We received a further email from Cruise Guru on the 8/4 also acknowledging the cancellation but still no refund after many more follow ups and told initially our refund could take up to 8 weeks. It is now over 16 weeks and nothing apart from saying they were prioritising requests.

Really very unhappy with the service and lack of updates or generic vague ones.

Mark & Roz

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for contacting us Mark and Roz. Would you mind letting us know your booking number so we can investigate further?
Kind regards,

Mark and Roz
Mark and Roz

JUST BE HONEST

Hi Leanne,
We're sorry you've had a less than positive experience. Can you please advise your booking number so we can investigate the whereabouts of your refund?
Many thanks,

leanne

I also contacted the cruise line you have my money it has now been 18 weeks since it was cancelled that so s well over they time stated

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives