Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (0) · No (15)
  • Ease of Booking

LinaeSydney, NSW

They keep part of your deposit if cruise is cancelled!!

I booked a cruise through Cruise Guru approx 7 months prior to the cruise. P&O cancelled the cruise and refunded our deposit in full to Cruise Guru. Cruise Guru took 2 weeks to refund our deposit and kept 40% for our deposit after us booking our own cabin and booking online without any assistance from them. Book with the cruise line direct! Do not use an agent!

Hi Linae,
Thank you for getting in contact with us. Could you please provide your P&O booking number so a member of our team can investigate your situation further?
Thanks,

6J7KWC
Your ref 26533417

Linae

I might add that I informed Cruise Guru that my cruise companion had aggressive cancer and could not travel anymore. You still kept our money!

Still waiting for refund

Been waiting since April for my refund, told holland America has given them the money back ,still waiting though about a month now. My cruise was to be in June, how long can they keep my money for. Found them good in the past but this is going on for too long

Booking no CPHK8P, Regards Valerie and Alan York

julia

juliaPerth, WA

Refund success at last!

Following two "one" star reviews on this site over the past three weeks, and contacting my bank to dispute the transaction.... I can now report that I have received my cruise refund. The money is safely in my bank account now. I am relieved and happy. Not sure why it took 16 weeks, given that Cruise Guru never sent Princess Cruises the final payment in June. The cruise was for a 29 August 2020 departure. I hope I never experience anything like this again. Good luck everyone x

Samantha D.Launceston, TAS

Still waiting for refund from cruise guru :(

So had a cruise booked for 20/07/2020 I cancelled at first option 05/05/2020 after contact after contact with cruise guru to find out they had just received funds last week after being told carnival had sent it to them on the 06/06/2020, anyway was also told last week I'm in a que for a refund I just want a refund like many of us we are all struggling in these hard times but at least you guys have jobs some of us weren't that lucky and we really could use that extra money just wish I would get refunded soon fingers crossed :( also had someone else that was on the same cruise with us who booked direct cancelled at the same time and got a refund within the month of cancellation think I will book direct next time

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise

My booking number is CM7NWW

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Please return our refund thank you

We are still waiting on our refund from Cruise Guru, since end of May. Six of our friends got their refund eight and six weeks ago, from other travel agents. When I phoned the office beginning of June, I was told they had received our four booking payments fees from P&O and we would receive it soon, still waiting. 24/8/20. After many e-mails and calls. I do appreciate the ladies in the office who are Very Nice are Very busy, But honestly how long does it take, you have the money, please pay it back. We are pensioners. Stop wasting time, sending out future cruise, and more time spent on our refunds.

Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, hopefully not another long wait for refund. the booking numbers are,
5H3W5H. 5H3W6W. PLEASE PLEASE, pay back our money, Elizabeth Perth W.A. .27/8/20

Brad

BradSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cancelled booking against our wishes

Email stated they would take full payment from credit card on due date. They cancelled the booking instead. They then had the hide to charge us a cancellation fee. I spent 2 weeks trying to re-book the cruise being assured on numerous occasions that Cruiseguru would contact me. I had to phone them each time. Eventually an agent helped us and sorted the problem promptly. New booking has been made so the issue was resolved but it should never had been an issue in the first place. Don't assure me of one thing then do the opposite. Was extremely annoyed that they cancelled our booking when the email said that payment would be made automatically.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Brad, we are sorry to hear of the situation that you experienced, but glad to hear that it has now been resolved for you. Could you please supply us with your booking number so that we may review what has occurred?
Regards

Satisfactory outcomes

I booked a cruise Carnival Splendor which I had to cancel in March for medical reasons just as the Covid problems were arising.
Cruise guru informed me that they had received the refund from Carnival on the 18th June but I have still not received the money despite numerous emails.
My experience with Cruise Guru initially was very good.

Traveller

Traveller

Refund delay

andygang w.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Profiteering by charging customers a whopping cancellation fee for P&O's cancellation due to Coronavirus Pandemic

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi andygang w., we are sorry to hear about your situation in this difficult time. Could you please provide us with a booking number, so that we can follow up?

LesNorthern Region, NSW

Covid 19 cancellations

Had our cruise cancelled due to covid 19 virus . I filled out refund request 2 weeks ago and have not received any correspondence relating to the matter at all I called an after a lengthy Wait I got told if I filled out form it will happen in due course an I’m not the only one ! Now I understand that , I just want answers, relating to who an how I’m going to get my refund from an what needs to be done to make it happen , a simple email or something explaining this would put my mind at ease , instead of being left in limbo

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise

Natara

NataraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with overnight price increase

I was looking at a cruise late one night & thought I’ll book that in the morning.
Next morning I went online & was surprised at a considerable price increase.
I phone Cruise Guru and I was disappointed with their response ......they would not honour the quote of the day before.

TrevorWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

grumpy booking agent

Unfortunately my latest contact with Cruise Guru was with a grumpy booking agent and made the process disparaging. I just went with the flow and hope that her day improved

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.
Thanks for understanding,
Cruise Guru Team

XCWR8X ..... Noora HAMZE was her name

Kate CSydney

A bit tricky

We booked a cruise which stated it was a saving of 51%. I became overexcited and booked without checking on other sites. I found cheaper prices after I had booked. We were given $200 onboard credit but another popular site gave $276 onboard credit. Cruise Guru don't say at the beginning that you will have to pay 1.5% extra for credit card use whereas the other company I usually book with doesn't charge extra for credit card payment. It's my own fault. I should have checked to find out what other cruise companies had to offer; I will next time. We are happy with the cabin we got with Cruise Guru.

Ease of Booking
Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the feedback, Kate. Please let us know your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.

Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tas tour

No surprise fees or charges during booking process.
Procedure straight forward no complications, surprise spending in $us,
Booked on weekend so receipt received day later. Option to change booking no needed.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I've forwarded your feedback to the concerned department. Please feel free to contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for further assistance.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I have use Cruise Guru before and will use it again.

No additional fees I am aware off at this stage.
Cunard from South Africa to Perth. Had trouble transferring money.. via Visa card.....seemed imminent money was to be paid immediately upon booking.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Steve, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience in transferring the money, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. May I know the booking id so we can investigate further.

2P3HHW

Patmac

PatmacSydney

Poor after sales service

No problems with initial booking but if you want any more assistance, such as supplying your membership numbers for the booking, they don't seem to want to know you. Have contacted them 5 times (via phone and email) now with this simple request. Frustrating is an understatement!

midge

midge

Not great service.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this online agency. They were of course responsive to my original emails when booking, but after they have your money it takes several days/up to a week to get a response. I also agree with the previous reviewer. It seems like their agents need more effective training to be able to deal with the problems that can arise from booking a cruise online. They also no longer have fee free credit card payments, which to be honest, would have been the only good reason to use continue using them.

PHIL the dill

PHIL the dillSydney

A bad experience

Cruise guru have a bad website and is difficult to use.
They take a couple of days at least if at all to respond to a inquiry and if you call them they seem flustered.

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Regards

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives