Cruise Guru

• Trip Completed Yes (7) · No (77)
  • Ease of Booking

Easy as....but

Have booked several times with Cruise Guru...no dramas... helpful and responsive... only one matter that is unacceptable... online booking summary shows outline of costing including "2nd deposit" due date but doesn't tell you how much it is... don't assume it's the penalty cancel amount as shown...mine was twice that amount. More clarity is in order here.... there's no reason for the second deposit amount not to be shown online upon initial viewing... this amount is fixed depending on the total booking cost.... transparency please

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi John. Thank you for your feedback. Would you mind letting us know your booking reference number so we can investigate ways in which we can improve this?
Many thanks,

New Zealand cruise Nov 2020

Yes i booked 3 cabins, needed to cancell one 60 days before Princess Cancelled this cruise, Cruise Guru still hit me with a Fee of $220 . Forgetting that everything else was done Proffesionally --re Maxine! ive now rebooked 2 more cabins for NZ cruise in Nov 2021.

Peter C.

Peter C.Banks 2906, ACT

Booking misunderstanding but resolved

After Covid 19 I called and cancelled our cruise which was going to Hawaii in April 2021 as I realised this was going to be pie in the sky. I was told I would loose the $20 deposit I had paid on my credit card. I had no problem with that. I was told they have no record of my cancellation. They were prepared to cancel the cruise portion but would hold back $25 per person plus all card fees. I was contacted by Katrina who very professionally and very understanding, went through their processes and agreed to waive the $25 fee. Great result and I am very happy in the way she handled it. She assured my my money would be refunded into my credit card within a few days. Thank you Cruise Guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the update Peter C, we are glad the issue was resolved satisfactorily for you.

Robert Muir

Robert MuirSouth East Queensland, QLD

$110.00 admin fees

Cruise guru are keeping a $110.00 admin fee for all cruises - thanks cruise guru you have been holding my money since march - for something of not our doing - we get hit with a charge - now flight centre done the same -got caught out by the accc - now if you pass a flight centre shop - no one in there - people remember who do the right thing . - I have another cruise booked through qantas 2nd payment due november - will the same happen take our money (10 couples) - then cancell and keep $110 . - same companys , robert muir brisbane

HalfpintsHunter Region, NSW

Hopefully 'Third Time Lucky'

After registering with another agent I checked with Cruise Guru, the very friendly agent came back to me very quickly with a lower price, a better positioned cabin and straight forward information about what to expect on the cruise with regard to OBC.
Just one little bit worried me, when I telephoned the company to pay a small portion by credit card, the person who answered sounded as though she was answering outside on public telephone a busy public road (all OK the payment went through).
All we can hope for is this time we will be third time lucky and manage to get to Petra.

Still waiting for refund

Been waiting since April for my refund, told holland America has given them the money back ,still waiting though about a month now. My cruise was to be in June, how long can they keep my money for. Found them good in the past but this is going on for too long

Booking no CPHK8P, Regards Valerie and Alan York

Sue K

Sue KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Company

Have booked quite a few cruises with Cruise Guru. Always found easy to deal with. Usually competitive prices but still look at cruise line direct to weigh up. 75% of time cheaper.
Having had to cancel a couple of cruises was disappointed in $110 pp admin fee charged.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you Sue K for the positive review, we appreciate it along with your patronage.

Cruise Guru

Please return our refund thank you

We are still waiting on our refund from Cruise Guru, since end of May. Six of our friends got their refund eight and six weeks ago, from other travel agents. When I phoned the office beginning of June, I was told they had received our four booking payments fees from P&O and we would receive it soon, still waiting. 24/8/20. After many e-mails and calls. I do appreciate the ladies in the office who are Very Nice are Very busy, But honestly how long does it take, you have the money, please pay it back. We are pensioners. Stop wasting time, sending out future cruise, and more time spent on our refunds.

Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, hopefully not another long wait for refund. the booking numbers are,
5H3W5H. 5H3W6W. PLEASE PLEASE, pay back our money, Elizabeth Perth W.A. .27/8/20

Satisfactory outcomes

I booked a cruise Carnival Splendor which I had to cancel in March for medical reasons just as the Covid problems were arising.
Cruise guru informed me that they had received the refund from Carnival on the 18th June but I have still not received the money despite numerous emails.
My experience with Cruise Guru initially was very good.

Not conned

Not connedSouth East Queensland, QLD

New To book with the Guru

Lovely lady Helene was very helpful, booked 2 cruises, had slight problem with email but all resolved after a couple of phone calls. She was patient and sold me what I asked for, checking availability etc.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the positive review!

Suggestion for clarity in booking

I have booked Cruise Guru a number of times before and found them quite good to deal with and prices are usually very competitive. However I do find it a bit confusing when looking at the costs of the cabin type chosen, you are given a choice of fares with indicators basically "deal 1" "deal 2" or "deal 3" but it does not spell out clearly what each deal offers. Why not just say "$2.00 deposit Free Drinks, No refunds" etc. Make life easier.

Ease of Booking
Andrew

AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Margaret Siracusa

Margaret SiracusaSydney, NSW

Dream trip to Alaska

My husband and I along with my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law booked a trip to Alaska for May 2020. I booked over the phone and everything seemed fine but I am still waiting for my booking confirmation and tax invoice. Hannah said there was a technical issue sending it to my email but my sister-in-law received hers. I did receive her test email. But to date I am still waiting. Other than that everything was great.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for sharing the feedback, Margaret! Everything working fine at our end and you'll receive the confirmation soon if not yet received. Please contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for any assistance.

I have since received it. I believe it was a technical issue. Thank you for all your help. Regards Margaret

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

That's great to hear, Margaret! We hope you have a nice time on your next Alaska Cruise.

ElizabethIllawarra, NSW

Booking online

Booking online was so easy with instant confirmation. The price of the cruise was fantastic, prices with other companies were so much more and they didn’t have instant confirmation. Very happy with the outcome so far.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Elizabeth, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Elizabeth

Must add Maddie was very helpful and a big asset to your company

The Advertising of the Specials Finishing 08 March Round Australia Cruise Sept 2020

The Advertising of the specials on the Sapphire Princess round Australia Cruise were not made very clear and could be seen as misleading as how the offers were given and what was allowed in the initial price when looking at the advert and then finding out the actual extra required to be paid out for the cruise when making the actual booking and then on the Webb site the cruise prices shown for the different cabins,then to be told that these prices did not reflect the specials (ie) Refundable deposit and the drinks package.
I am afraid off putting to me and a lot of would be intending cruisers

Sue Caroll

Sue Caroll

Good service at a busy time

I enquired online and then a few hours later rang as there was a just announced deal that really suited us.
Staff member got back to me promptly with a deal that was better than advertised and everything arranged very quickly.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Sue, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

LeaSydney, NSW

Deck Plans Incorrect

No extra fees all went smoothly.
My only issue is I booked rooms that showed they were interconnecting rooms on their website and have since found out through Royal that these rooms have never been interconnecting rooms. Very disappointed with this outcome.

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Lea. Please share your booking reference no. so we can investigate further.
Thanks for understanding,
Cruise Guru Team

264660 / 264659 / 148461 - 9139
Rooms 9137 and 9135 on the your plan have arrows for interconnecting rooms as per your table. Thank you

Alan Whelan

Alan WhelanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Perfect Cruise

Booked a balcony cabin cruise aboard Voyager of the Seas (RCI) for February 2021. Although we have cruised with RCI on 3 occasions previously, it was significantly cheaper to book through Cruise Guru than directly through RCI

Ease of Booking
Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community, Alan! We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wait & see

Only paid the minimum deposit at this stage, will have to wait & see how the whole process unfolds.
So far so good
Service would appear very good at this time
If all goes well will continue to use cruise guru

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thank you for the feedback, Pete! Please contact our reservation team at 13 13 03 for any information or help.

Great to talk to someone

It was good to talk to someone who is experienced and knowledgeable on cruising the carnival splendour. I felt no pressure and was happy with my selection. All info and prices were accurate. Thank you Guru!

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks, Mandy, it's great to hear that we provided a high-quality experience. We look forward to helping with your future cruise holidays.

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives