Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No
  • Price Accuracy
Judy
JudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will happily book with them again

cruiser
cruiserSydney, NSW

incompetent

please do not use this company. booked a holiday through them include air fares to china got the tickes 1 week before departure. first group ok second group sending us to abu dabi with no forwarding flight
many many more errors transport to ship a no show tours trying to drop you 6 klm from your hotel BEWARE

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour
elainebe
elainebeSydney, NSW

Cruise First the worst travel company

Booking TypeCruise, Flights and Tour
Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Tahlia
TahliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No refund for dodgy hotel booked

Had a three night stay booked in a London hotel before our cruise in October - arrived at the hotel to find the 'four star hotel' we had booked turned out to be a 2 star hostel at best. Had to find another hotel to stay in for the remaining nights. Have been contacting Cruise First since we arrived back in October and have had no resolution as of yet. Did not accept their measly offer of a $100 refund or $200 future cruise credit and have had no communication since. Will never book with this company again.

Booking TypeAccommodation and Cruise
Cruiser
CruiserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling service!

Took our money then wiped their hands of the myriad of stuff ups they made with our booking. If that wasn't bad enough, they denied everything. NEVER AGAIN!! This company is owned by Royal Caribbean so you have no chance of getting any response to your complaints. Our experience with them was disgusting.

The run around

David G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Get your act together!!!

Booking TypeCruise and Flights

Excellent service

My wife and I have used this company for 4 different cruises and they have been brilliant. The last cruise was for a family celebration so we booked for a group of 14 their service was again excellent. We have used them for departures from Australia, Japan and England and each time there were no problems and the prices the best we could find

Booking TypeCruise
Shirley
ShirleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware....do your own costing!

good value

Thank you!

Thank you Cruise1st, once again you exceeded our expectations and we had a fantastic time. Visiting the Seychelles was one of the highlights of the cruise. Till next time! Linda

Anne H
Anne H

Several cruises no problems

I was stunned at the negative reviews on this site and had I not used Cruise 1st several times prior to reading them would have been very apprehensive. In my case the prices have all been excellent, the hotels great and the staff have responded to any queries we have had within 24hrs. One needs to do a bit of your own research to discover transport options, as it is posted clearly that transfers are not included, and I would argue most agents provide the easiest options, usually the dearest, when queried. We have used packages for cruises from various ports on the Med, Asia and the USA and will continue to do so - thanks Lyndia Redwin for our last holiday to Europe which finished 21st November.

Great service by Kieran Darnley
we are extremely grateful to Kieran who, last minute, found flights for 3 of my contacts who were all travelling from different parts of the world.

Everything ran smoothly and my contacts were able to make it to the location safely and in such perfect timing.

Thank you for providing such prompt, great service and understanding the urgency of their travels.

Bessy

Booking TypeFlights

China tour/ cruise

Will not deal with this firm again China tour/cruise Inadequate documentation for visa Privacy breaches in emails Misrepresentation of Port airport transfers availability-said Taxi was only option 3 different quotes ultimately AU$437 Found Royal Caribbean had bus!!Still waiting for response from Australia transfers re refund after 1 week

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour
Lee B.
Lee B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Would never use this agent again. Do your research

I would never use Cruise 1st again. Like many others once they have your money communication is zilch. Never informed us that you had to arrange your own transfers in Japan. Quoted us $450 from airport to hotel., $380 from hotel to cruise terminal so I had to arrange our own on public transport. This is when we have landed and cleared customs at 9pm. When we booked not once was it mentioned that you could do a land tour beforehand too busy trying to convince us to upgrade. When I enquired the last places had been sold in Nov ,we booked in Oct. You send emails and leave messages and can take weeks to receive a reply. Very poor customer service once you have fully paid. Do your research to first

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services