Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia (page 2 of 20)

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (85)
  • Price Accuracy
Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.South East Queensland, QLD

Cruise 1st refunds

We were supposed to be on a cruise/ land package with cruise 1st in October/ November 2020. This was cancelled in July . We have many broken promises and lack of communication and have still not seen any refund. I keep emailing them and I get told we will be paid out by this date then another date then something else . I am very disappointed with their service and intend to take court action in the near future if I don’t get the refund

EXCUSES after EXCUSES!! So when will we see our money back??!!

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise
Artur W.
Artur W.Southwest, VIC

Where is our money!!!!

So it looks like we are not the only one. It is now 6 months since our cruise was cancelled. We were told it would take 12 weeks to get our money back, 12 became 18 weeks and now 26 weeks. Doesn't look like we'll be using that company in the future.

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

What a nightmare. Stay right away from Cruise 1st

Judy
JudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will happily book with them again

doc
docSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst customer service ever

Suzanne Pinnington
Suzanne PinningtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Show me the money

My holiday was cancelled in July & I've had every excuse why the refund hasn't been issued. Princess has issued their part of the refund to them months ago. I'm sure that Qantas would have issued their part as well by now. I haven't received any email promotion offers for December. Have they gone bust !!

Freda Porter
Freda PorterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still Waiting for refund of Deposits (UPDATED 8/4/2021)

Just received our refund. Thank you Cruise 1st. We wish your company the very best for the future. Just needs patience after an event that "blindsided" the World.

Our Nov. cruise on Queen Elizabeth was cancelled earlier in the year. We opted for a refund of our deposit, being elderly pensioners. We were told Cunard U.K. had refunded monies to Cruise 1st Australia in September, but despite our emails, we keep being told they are busy refunding everybody and it will take some time. Time is something you don't have alot of when you're in your eighties! Thank goodness we didn't pay in full - nonetheless, every dollar is precious to us and I'm sad our first experience with this company has been a negative one.

ColinH
ColinHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Anybody hear from Cruise 1st after the initial transaction ?

tara
tara

Worst service ever !!

Do not anyone ever book through this company !! Worst customer service and never any response to emails and also have my money and not giving it back that they received weeks ago from a third party !!

Anyone Get Refund For April 2 Weeks China Tour Please?

A China tour for April was obviously cancelled. We tried cancelling but advised to wait as would only get a small refund, and it they had to cancel we would get more. Well 7 months later we have received even less and have just had a refund of $464 from over $4000 paid after 7 months after we were supposed to leave. Had to send lots of emails to get even that. Very disappointing. I know it is difficult times but they are still trading and selling cruises. Has anyone received a better refund please? We have big medical bills now so were hoping for more even if we could not get it all as could understand that in these present times.

Karenj
KarenjNew South Wales

Still waiting for refund from April cruise

Flights, African safari, cruise through Suez Canal cancelled still waiting for refund, no correspondence. Have emailed on numerous occasions with only automatic reply. This type of service does not give any encouragement to use this company again. Has anyone received a refund from this company for this cruise?

cruiser
cruiserSydney, NSW

incompetent

please do not use this company. booked a holiday through them include air fares to china got the tickes 1 week before departure. first group ok second group sending us to abu dabi with no forwarding flight
many many more errors transport to ship a no show tours trying to drop you 6 klm from your hotel BEWARE

Tinkerbell Truckie
Tinkerbell TruckiePerth, WA

Don't book with them

We were booked on a cruise for the beginning of October. They said we would get a full refund if the cruise was cancelled. We have heard nothing from them.

Claire
ClaireNorth Queensland, QLD

First and last experience with Cruise1st

It is frustrating that you work hard for a holiday and through no fault of your own not only do you have a cancellation but you also have to fight for the refund. I understand it is not Cruise1st fault however to not communicate truthfully timeframes for the refund of all monies is unacceptable. I will never pre book or pre pay with any company due to this unfortunate and stressful experience.

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services