Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia (page 4 of 20)

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (85)
  • Price Accuracy
Michelle
MichelleSouthwest, VIC

Refund

My family and I were suppose to cruise on the 20th April, a friendly guy rang me to say they were working on all refunds,14 weeks later nothing ,so I rang cruise Ist and my money was sitting in my account with them .The lady on the phone said I’ll transfer it to accounts and it will take up to 6 weeks to process this,after not being happy with this I rang back and got a very rude lady who was no help at all, it doesn’t take 6 weeks to take the money off us,so all up it will be 20 weeks,just ridiculous when I know other companies paid out within a month.

refunds

We were due to sail 25/4 20 from Sydney paid in full 14/2/20. Have emailed and received no response a few times. Phone calls have provided no info. It is now 15 weeks and we are pensioners and very worried. Looks like lawyers /ACCC etc are next. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Christine M
Christine MAU

Over 6 months and still waiting for refund

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Rod C
Rod CSouth East Queensland, QLD

WOW this crowd shouldn't be allowed to operate!

JScrapSydney

Beware Cruise1st and Beware Cunard

JamesW
JamesWSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware!

Silence is Deafening

We are over $2,500 out-of-pocket. We were booked on a cruise from Singapore to Sydney, but we had a 2 week stay in Jakarta, before going to Singapore. Whilst in Jakarta the cruise was cancelled by Cruise1st. We had to get flights back to Sydney for another $900+. All up the trip cost almost $5,000. We have received $2,506.79 to date. "Not Happy, Jan, Not Happy!" Quentin Robbins

Reviews2020
Reviews2020Perth, WA

The worst experience dealing with any business in my entire life. Disgrace!

If you want to be ripped off, lied to, ignored, be treated unethically & be told the same lines over & over again when dealing with issues that are consistently delayed go with these guys. My family spent almost $100K on a family trip & have been treated like a joke from the time of booking all the way through to getting refunds, they have our money from the cruise company back & keep delaying the refund. Google a current affair cruise 1st that’s just one of many issues, keep searching, I’m yet to find a real review that says they do there job and provide what you’ve paid for. Trust me STAY AWAY, unethical unprofessional business that are incompetent. Go to oz cruising or ANYONE else.

Do not book or trust what they say

JosephineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusting Customer Service

smanganaro
smanganaroSydney, NSW

Disappointing

We booked and paid our deposit last September for a cruise departing Singapore to Sydney in October 2020. We have requested information regarding cancelling our booking as it is reasonable to say the cruise will not go ahead nor would be likely to be able to fly to Singapore, cruise 1st advised we can cancel and have given us the penalties for cancelling of our $2,300 deposit we would receive a poultry $238 back. We don’t want to cancel and pay the penalty when it’s likely the cruise will be cancelled anyway. To add insult to injury they are now requesting we pay the final balance of $3,884 - seriously!

Nicole Smith
Nicole SmithSydney, NSW

No Refund

Some good news to inspire hope

Like many other customers, I was anxiously awaiting a substantial credit from Cruise 1st after a package was cancelled due to covid 19 - well I am glad to report that I have now got it in full. It took about 14 weeks to come into my bank account, but in the end the company came thru with what they promised.
Would I use them again? Yes, but I would probably ask to deal with my original rep (Conor Day) specifically, because he was the one individual that I really felt was in my corner.

Red Tiburon
Red TiburonSydney, NSW

Lies, lies, lies

Royal Caribbean refunded 100% of our trip to Cruise first a month ago, but will they pay it to us? No they won’t, why? Well every time we call it’s a different story- they are so busy it will take about another two weeks but yes they have the refund, two weeks later, they only
just got the refund but will pay it immediately - two weeks later no payment received. They just lie. We will never ever ever use these liers again.

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services