Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (21) · No (62)
  • Price Accuracy

Thanks Cruise 1st- never again!

Cancelled cruise by P and O, funds were transferred to Cruise 1st in April 2021, emailed, no reply, chances are nil I think. I know times are tough, and I personally have already lost a bomb, but this is ridiculous. I won’t forget Cruise 1st!

Nikki

NikkiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Give Me My Money Back!!!!!

They offered a cruise with a $8,375 deposit, balance due in 6 months (November). Took my bank details and called back in less than an hour so say we can’t honour the contract and need the balance within 7 days. When I refused to pay it they cancelled my cruise and when I finally got hold of them and they refused to cancel the bank transfer even though it was pending. Once the money had gone through it took ages to get them to process a refund and then they refuse to give the full amount back. I’m waiting to see if I get any back at all! Awful service! Great until they have your money! Be careful!!!!

Thomso

ThomsoQueensland

Still waiting for refund

We purchased a cruise in February 2020 which was to sail in April 2021 but was cancelled by the cruise line in December 2020. Still waiting for the refund from Cruise 1st? can only email and was told to wait 45 days, then 3 months and still no refund. Seems like they are heading for closure and no intention of refunding our money. Have also been told that Royal Caribbean have refunded Cruise 1st but this hasn't been passed on.

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Slow inflexible service. Rude. No refund after 6 months

They cancelled my holiday and 6 months later still waiting for my promised refund. They insist you can only email and not phone? Will only deal with a local travel agent in future

KStanley

KStanleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor service

Still waiting for refunds for 2 cruises refunded to cruise 1st by Celebrity Cruises, always given the sob story about only a few days a week working and only a few staff whilst they use our money to get interest from the banks etc. I will never use an agency again, celebrity refunded me very quickly for onboard spend so why can’t the agency, quick to take our money, slow to repay. Very disappointed .

Bondy

BondySouth East Queensland, QLD

forever to get paid

Had a claim with Cruies 1st for cruise and air flights they kept stretching the time for the refund then I finally get it and do my math and I am $700 short after already loses they claim for cancellation.
I send them a query as to why the missing funds and they tell me that is money from MSC cruise lines and that I will have to wait another 18-22 weeks for that refund.
There was no mention of the missing money when they paid me out only an amount without any mention of the $700, its only that I queried the pay out then all of a sudden they tell me there is more to come but have to wait the same period as for the last lot, can this company be trusted? not by me!

Not happy

Been phoning cruise 1st and was told it’s going to take 16 weeks for my refund.
I had already phoned carrabeen cruises a month ago and they said that they gave the refund to cruise 1st I am not very happy I will have to see if current affairs can do something about it.

No.3 Shirley

No.3 ShirleySydney, NSW

Rude customer service

Just called Cruise1st asking for group refund procedure. I told her (first name given to me) some members in our group may have communication problem in English, whether I can send an email with all the booking reference information to her. Then she has got very angry with me saying “this is a English speaking country we don’t employ staff who speak other languages..........”

Kirsty

KirstyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Up to 55weeks now and still no refund!!!

Tom

TomIllawarra, NSW

Cruise first frustrating service

Cruise First has been terrible refunding the last portion of money due to us. We have received 50% of what is owed, Still waiting .. We booked on the cruise departing April 2020 to South Africa, through the Suez to Venice. Question asked to Qantas regarding refund tells me to refer back to Cruise 1st. No joy there. So disappointing as they keep moving the goal posts re timing for refunds. It started at 10 to 12 weeks and now it's 12 months. Our Holiday was cancelled before Covid lockdown ,But due to illness.
Disgusted with the service from Cruise First.
Tom Armstrong

KayA

KayASydney, NSW

So frustrating.

I was booked on the cruise departing April 2020 to South Africa, through the Suez to Venice. Question asked to Qantas and MSC regarding refund tells me to refer back to Cruise 1st. No joy there. So disappointing as they keep moving the goal posts re timing for refunds. It started at 10 to 12 weeks and now it's 10 months.

EXCUSES after EXCUSES!! So when will we see our money back??!!

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise
Artur W.

Artur W.Southwest, VIC

Where is our money!!!!

So it looks like we are not the only one. It is now 6 months since our cruise was cancelled. We were told it would take 12 weeks to get our money back, 12 became 18 weeks and now 26 weeks. Doesn't look like we'll be using that company in the future.

What a nightmare. Stay right away from Cruise 1st

doc

docSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst customer service ever

Hans

Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services