Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (1) · No (6)
  • Price Accuracy
Unhappy Jan
Unhappy JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unsatisfactory delays in refunds

Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.South East Queensland, QLD

Cruise 1st refunds

We were supposed to be on a cruise/ land package with cruise 1st in October/ November 2020. This was cancelled in July . We have many broken promises and lack of communication and have still not seen any refund. I keep emailing them and I get told we will be paid out by this date then another date then something else . I am very disappointed with their service and intend to take court action in the near future if I don’t get the refund

Suzanne Pinnington
Suzanne PinningtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Show me the money

My holiday was cancelled in July & I've had every excuse why the refund hasn't been issued. Princess has issued their part of the refund to them months ago. I'm sure that Qantas would have issued their part as well by now. I haven't received any email promotion offers for December. Have they gone bust !!

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

ColinH
ColinHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Anybody hear from Cruise 1st after the initial transaction ?

refunds

We were due to sail 25/4 20 from Sydney paid in full 14/2/20. Have emailed and received no response a few times. Phone calls have provided no info. It is now 15 weeks and we are pensioners and very worried. Looks like lawyers /ACCC etc are next. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

China tour/ cruise

Will not deal with this firm again China tour/cruise Inadequate documentation for visa Privacy breaches in emails Misrepresentation of Port airport transfers availability-said Taxi was only option 3 different quotes ultimately AU$437 Found Royal Caribbean had bus!!Still waiting for response from Australia transfers re refund after 1 week

Hard to get a response

Booked a cruise of Mediterranean ports for October 2019.
Thought we had booked an outside room with a picture window. Emails between the company and us confirm . Received documents and it’s a room with a porthole window, a cheaper room. Also NCL gave dropped prices and other cruise participants have received up grades or on board credit.
Emailed twice and left messages with no contact back. Very attentive when selling.

John G.
John G.Perth, WA

GET YOUR MONEY AND FORGET YOU

We were happy at the beginning with the price and the time taken to reply to any enquiries. As time went by, and we since paid for our holiday in full, they take more time to respond. On receiving our final documents (with a comment" If anything is wrong contact them to have it amended" ) we asked a simple question and it has taken a week to get an answer. Just wanted to know if a Visa was required for a country we will visit, as friends said they needed one for their holiday. Cruise 1st refused to comment.

Worst cruise ever

The cruise part of our holiday was terrible. After 8 day land tour of China which was fine, apart from the hotels being miles from anywhere, but once we boarded the ship in Shanghai it went down hill fast. We were not aware that we would be on board with over four thousand Chinese and around one hundred Australians. Now the people were nice but their eating, personal habits and politeness left much to be desired. They overtook the ship and everyone from Australia were so glad to disembark. This cruise should have been for the Chinese only. Cruise first did not answer any queries. Would not use this company again.

Krusty
KrustySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of hidden costs AFTER you book. You cannot speak to anyone in management to complain!

Carol
CarolHunter Region, NSW

China tour and Japan cruise, Sept 8, 2018 - you get what you pay for

Rosalie
RosalieBRISBANE

Terrible!!!

2 friends and myself went in April to China where the Hotel was only booked as a Twin share for 3 people! The was supposed to be a voucher for Great Wall (NOT) my husband had to organise eventually got it after being on phone for hours. Booked another trip unfortunately just before for a cruise for my husband & I asked for QUEEN bed Oceanview cabin, when paperwork received found we had DOUBLE BUNKS we are old people NO GO. Now we have to pay extra to change. Never again will we use use cruise1st or recommend. Definitely not satisfied.

China tour and Japan cruise, May 28 - June 10

Deb
DebOld bar

Yangtze River South China Tour

Canada and Alaska

Booking process was fine. Ramada Inn in Calgary was down at heel, mouldy fruit and stale pastries for breakfast. Abbotsford hotel was a huge mix up, women travelling together were put in double rooms, some people had no room at all. The Seattle tour was a total ripoff, would have been better walking! Why fly from Seattle to Vancouver, a bus would have been better. Connecting flights with Air Canada from Seattle to Vancouver were 1 and 2 hours late respectively, meaning the flight from Vancouver to Sydney had to be delayed for people to catch up. will never fly Air Canada again.

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services