Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (1) · No (1)
  • Price Accuracy
Shirley
ShirleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware....do your own costing!

Tessie
TessiePerth, WA

Waiting in anticipation!

We have paid our deposit for a trip to the Rockies and a seven day cruise next May. On a CURRENT AFFAIR tonight we were very disappointed to hear the negative comments about Cruise1 and are wondering now what is in store for us. Most of the reviews on Trip Advisor are not good either.

China Japan cruise

The accommodation in Beijing is terrible we are there now and it is the worst place I have ever stayed in upgrade if possible I would have

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Cruise Booking Fine, Flights and accommodation Terrible.

Easily booked a 7 night cruise Flights Included on Emerald Princess leaving from Yokohama Japan. Got cabin number 2 days before cruise from Princess. The bad part was the flights, both ways had to stop and transfer in Bejing, It takes 2 hours to get thru Customs and security in Bejing. Old cramped planes, no entertainment on return leg. They use cheapest flights possible. Also first night was in luxury hotel Citadel Shinjuku, but on return from cruise was booked in Listel Shinjuku in a room that stank of cigarette smoke and had a 3/4 bed, I bath robe, 1 pair slipppers. Had to pair extra to upgrade to a non-smoking room with 2 beds. I won't use again. I will book direct with Princess and make on flight arrangements.

Rip Thru the Gale
Rip Thru the Gale

2 bad experiences booking trhu Cruise 1st com.au Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas China Japan Vie

Stressful end to our 7 night cruise to Hubbard Glacier and Alaska in May 2017.

Difficult to recommend cruise1st.

SandyBlue
SandyBlueSydney Surrounds, NSW

More customer service needed

We booked our cruise from Hawaii to Sydney that sailed in October. Quite disappointed with our consultant. It was my first time at booking a cruise (my husband usually does this) It was quite obvious this person was on auto pilot, he did not offer any extra information regarding options or helpful hints.
He sent me a visa site that cost me $50 instead of the correct site costing $15. He was extremely difficult to contact, left messages but did not ring back. We are planning another cruise for next year, will use another company, I don't need the stress.

Poor customer service.

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services