Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (2) · No (8)
  • Price Accuracy
Freda Porter
Freda PorterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still Waiting for refund of Deposits (UPDATED 8/4/2021)

Just received our refund. Thank you Cruise 1st. We wish your company the very best for the future. Just needs patience after an event that "blindsided" the World.

Our Nov. cruise on Queen Elizabeth was cancelled earlier in the year. We opted for a refund of our deposit, being elderly pensioners. We were told Cunard U.K. had refunded monies to Cruise 1st Australia in September, but despite our emails, we keep being told they are busy refunding everybody and it will take some time. Time is something you don't have alot of when you're in your eighties! Thank goodness we didn't pay in full - nonetheless, every dollar is precious to us and I'm sad our first experience with this company has been a negative one.

Patricia marchant
Patricia marchantMid North Coast, NSW

Refund

We have dealt with Cruise 1st previously,This time through COVID had a cruise and flight booked,all cancelled , after speaking to Michael Moore a representative ,we can only thank both him and Cruise 1st for there excellent service,we received a full refund in the exact time we were told. Would recommend.

Magdalena
MagdalenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Full Refund

I have to say that it took us a long time and lots of emails and phone calls but finally we got a full refund for our 19 days cruise and one week stay to/in Hawaii mostly into our bank some in Jetstar credit. I know it is a difficult time for all of us so be patient. Thank you Cruise1st.

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Philip
PhilipIllawarra, NSW

We have a refund!

Paul DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with Cruise 1st.

We booked and paid $13,300 for a package holiday due to depart early may 2020.
Have just received refund of $12,800. and a Delta credit $500. Very pleased. Cruise 1st said we would get a full refund albeit after some delays. They were true to their word. Definitely recommend them .

Refunds

We have received most of our refund of April 2020 package. Also we received an EMail yesterday from Lisa that they have received refund from Carnival & refund team will proceed to refund us. We are very happy with the results. We lost some money due to non refunded bookings. We are very grateful to Ian & Lisa. They kept us informed & we can not wait for the Corona Virus disappear & book again with Ian Titman cruise1st

Price Accuracy

Some good news to inspire hope

Like many other customers, I was anxiously awaiting a substantial credit from Cruise 1st after a package was cancelled due to covid 19 - well I am glad to report that I have now got it in full. It took about 14 weeks to come into my bank account, but in the end the company came thru with what they promised.
Would I use them again? Yes, but I would probably ask to deal with my original rep (Conor Day) specifically, because he was the one individual that I really felt was in my corner.

good value

Spencer
SpencerPerth, WA

A Good Experience

We have booked a fly cruise from Perth to Zurich own way to UK and join ship from Southampton to New York, with extra time at both ends.
We are thoroughly satisfied with all dealings to date and Michael Moore our agent, has proved very helpful.
One unsettling moment when we initially couldn't work out an extra cost involved, but recalled later resulted in Michael phoning next day to ensure everything was well.
It is early days yet obviously, but will write another review once our trip has concluded next winter.

Jan Turner
Jan TurnerSouth East Queensland, QLD

very helpful staff member

Hi we would just like to recognise one of your staff members for her excellent service. We had booked two trips and had some questions we did call and speak to a staff member who had to call us back but got no reply, we phoned and spoke to Clara Cohen who gave us excellent service found out all the information and got back to us with answers to our question excellent service very rare these days in any field.
Regards
N&J Turner

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise, Flights and Tour
Cheryl H
Cheryl HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic hassle free holiday

I just came of 18day cruise with flights hotels and transfers included.. Everything went like clockwork.. Cruise1st were easy to deal with and everything was as stated in package.. I have booked another package deal and very much looking forward to.. Thanks Guys for making my holiday so easy.

Price Accuracy
Alilassie
AlilassieSydney

Bed Bugs and shifting cabins on HAL!

3 Queens

Just returned from the 3 Queens trip- covering 56 days. Apart from a fairly "ordinary" Hotel stay in London- the rest of the trip was outstanding. Loved the itinerary of the 3 Queens- commencing in Cape Town and ending in New York. Transfers, Flights and most booked Hotels were good. Value for money - amazing !
Will use them again.

Cheap trip to China was not so cheap.

10 Day China inc 5-day Yangtse River cruise. However day 1 we arrived at night, day 2 stayed in dock, and left early day 5 so really only a 2 day cruise. Trip was great and we saw amazing sights. Walked 180000 steps in 8 days, often actual steps, so some passengers struggled. A fitness level might indicate this beforehand. Gratuities are 'voluntary', $10 per person per day. However one day we tipped our tour guide, then the bus driver to the ship requested his tip, then the staff on the ship refused to give us room keys until we prepaid our tip. 3 in one day! If a tip is compulsory, add it into the cost. Don't dump it indiscriminately. This said, I would do this trip again.

Mylam
MylamSydney

Japan tour - Land and cruise, a learning experience

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services