CruiseAway

• Trip Completed Yes (5) · No (27)
  • Ease of Booking

yryryryryry

yryryryryryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not to be trusted

MetalMick

MetalMickVictoria, 3095

Trying to take our money and run!

Lyn R.

Lyn R.Central, SA

I booked in good faith, thinking the company would do their best for us - Wrong, wrong wrong.

Tenielle H.

Tenielle H.Sydney, NSW

Don't waste your time or money

worst agency ever! First they organised travel insurance for my parents that didn't include the country they were actually travelling to. When their cruise was cancelled by princess cruises the agency took it upon themselves to cancel all the flights and accommodation without permission knowing there would be no compensation. My parents still could have used the original flights and accommodation that was booked. I'm only giving you one star because there's no option to give you none! Perhaps you should train your staff better so others don't lose more than 3k worth of holidays!

Don't bother booking through these scammers! All they do is steal your money!

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Insurance

Alok A.

Alok A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Untrustworthy

Not well organised

We went to book a cruise late for a holiday and we made the booking and payment in a promotion period but cruse away didn't make it with P&O so we missed out on getting the promo nothing offered to us for this and we could not cancel due to paying in full

Lynn

LynnHunter Region, NSW

Would not use them again

The initial stages of the booking were perfect. I was making a booking on Carnival for 34 people to celebrate my partner's 60th birthday so to say cruiseaway were excited to get such a large booking is an understatement. That is where the great service ended. The consultant I was using (Jan) only worked a couple of days a week and was tardy at responding to emails and when invoices were sent, invariably they were always incorrect and had to be chased up and amended. Names were spelt wrong, fees that should have been refunded not done and deposits paid not taken from amount outstanding. Overall a stressful time. However, the cruise with Carnival was amazing.

Store LocationVarsity Lakes Qld

Rosie B

Rosie BSydney Surrounds, NSW

In future, I will avoid Cruiseaway and book direct with Carnival

Booking Type Cruise

Excellent experience and help from Teresa

Really happy. Teresa asked a lot of questions and made sure the cruise fit our budget. I could really tell she cared about us and our family trip. No question was too hard. Will book again. Thank you.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights, Insurance and Tour
Xinh T.

Xinh T.Sydney, NSW

Very unreliable. Lost trip.

Made contact for a family cruise. Consultant sent through quote. I queried a few items as consultant did not ask but booked us for an 8pm dinner. We have 2 small children. She also advised us that there was no on board credit but on quote there is an onboarding credit. She said she'd make the amendment and get back to me so I can make the deposit.

I phoned 3 times and sent 2 emails. Finally on my 4th phone call I was advised Iour booking was cancelled as we did not make a deposit.

I advised them I have been trying to do this but to no avail.

I took my business elsewhere.

Very poor customer service.

Rob Bramwell

Rob BramwellSouth West, QLD

Great Travel Agent with superior knowledge

Julie @ Cruiseaway was able to assist us with impeccable knowledge and experience. Great service and attention to detail . Booking was made so simple and easy for us. Thanks Julie your awesome.

A very unhappy experience with apparently uncaring personnel.

Store LocationAdelaide City South Australia

KarsteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This company does not care, no customer service what so ever

Booked and paid for a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth out of Melbourne in December. A medical problem means I had to cancel the cruise. Cruiseaway took $400 cancelation fee and tell me it will be 6 to 8 weeks before we get our money back. I understand a cancelation fee but $400? 6 to 8 weeks to get the money back is just plain rude. Problem is I'm sure all the cruise lines are the same. puts you off this kind of holiday. Oh and I did have travel insurance but we did not fall under the criteria to claim it through them. five Phone calls to them and the attitude was the same they really didn't care. Funny how they couldn't do enough for us when we were looking to book the cruise.

Store LocationOnline

As of now still no money back. It has been over 6 weeks

Valued CruiserHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic experience

I did not encounter any fees out of the ordinary, I made a few changes after booking and was happy with the outcome. This is my second cruise with Cruiseaway, the first experience was fantastic, very well organised, easy to talk to with great customer service. Very much looking forward to my cruise in the Baltic in May 2019.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise and Flights
Store LocationCruiseaway Varsity Lakes Queensland.

Valued CruiserGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service

Brooke arranges the details of my cruise and answered patiently my many follow up questions.
I would recommend Cruise Away to anyone wanting a friendly helping hand in arranging a holiday.

Booking Type Cruise
Store LocationGold Coast (online)

dfk2794

dfk2794Central West, NSW

So far mostly good

We chose Cruiseaway as they were advertising cabins on a cruise that the cruise line showed as sold out. There are 2 couples making bookings.

The initial approaches and explanations were all good, and a deposit paid on the understanding that a week later a 2nd payment be made.

The 2nd payment was made, and receipted. The only issue so far is that we were then told that there was an error in the value of the 2nd payment and further payment was required. We are now wondering if there will be any further unexpecteds.

As final payments are not due for another 2 months my experience is incomplete. On the initial dealings, and save the payment issue, they have been good so far.

Harry Kirkman

Harry KirkmanSydney, NSW

I will use CruisaWay again

I had a stumble as I failed to supply copies of my passports hence the flights were not confirmed however this was easily fixed by CruiseAway. The consultant offered a host of alternatives for my booking including flights available and hotel accommodation available to give me the best price without compromise. My consultant fixed my booking with a minimum of fuss.

Store LocationAll done online

Imre

ImreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome experience and service

I would recommend Cassie @CruiseAway to book your next cruise holiday. She is really knowledgeable and helpful when we booked our cruise through her. She explained all the differences between the different cruise lines and managed to find us the perfect cruise and made the booking easy. She was also really responsive for my emails when I bombarded her with questions about the cruise and the travel insurance.

Booking Type Cruise and Insurance
Store LocationVarsity Lakes

Valued CruiserSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tenielle is fabulous

We had to cancel our trip thru illness and Tienelle went out of her way to assist us far beyond what would normally be required. Thank you Cruiseaway fo having such caring and empathetic great travel consultants.

Booking Type Cruise and Tour
Store LocationEmail

Valued  Cruiser

Valued CruiserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service

Prompt response to queries and changes. Value conscious. Forthcoming with useful suggestions. Seem to understand their client's needs Our cruise was very enjoyable Would be happy to use them again.

Store LocationVarsity Lakes