CruiseAway

CruiseAway

Listing monitored by CruiseAway

• Trip Completed Yes (5) · No (43)
  • Ease of Booking

Still waiting for a refund after 2 cruises were cancelled due to Covid and refund was promised 9 months ago.

Kezza
KezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never Ever Use This Company

This Company is the WORST i have ever dealt with. Believe you me, i have travelled all my life and never come across such a poorly managed business (if you can call it a business). Full of dishonest staff. Holding money in a Trust account that is rightfully another persons is illegal. NEVER EVER EVER use this Cruise Company if you want reliability and trust.

Barry
BarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Full Refund

We have been given the run around by Cruiseaway,our first cruise was cancelled back in May 2020 that we had paid in full,then we booked another two cruises and they were cancelled due to the sale of the Sun Princess and Sea Princess and that money that was paid went back into a credit, after countless phone call to Cruiseaway requesting a full refund of $15,485 dollars we were told that Princess had been sent for a full refund to us. Today i made contact with Princess and was told that they had not received anything about us getting a refund, so now Princess have told us that we will receive a full refund from them by cheque, who knows how long this will take as we have beeing waiting 6 months now .

Maryann
MaryannPerth, WA

DODGY

Booked a cruise for my disabled daughter with her carers, paid deposit straightaway and paid more before the cruise. covid hits and cancelled the trip Oct 2020, it’s now close to Feb 2021 and still no refund, apparently no staff to process and the usual blah blah blah...load of rubbish! will never book with them ever again! worst company i dealt with!

MR RECCHI
MR RECCHISydney, NSW

Hide behind *conservative time frame on refunds*

They claim refund due to covid cancellations would be as soon as they received money back from suppliers. I have written confirmation that my refunds all been received on 7th December. Still not received the refund. Amazing they can process hundreds of transactions a day hitting their accounts but for some reason snails pace in refunding. Not acceptable. Now wont answer calls. Everything by email and same repetition of conservative estimates on when to expect. I sent email 21/1/21 received automated reply from prior to their extended Christmas break. Tried to call on phone 25/1 receive automated message advise closed for Australian Day... Australia Day is 26/1. Suspect this company is going to disappear with everybody's money.

Sooty41
Sooty41

Service? What service?

Jenny
JennyBlackburn

My refund money.

I purchased tics for cruise in April. Cruise was cancelled. I am still waiting for a refund. Each time I make contact with them they play the line of jabinh a great number of passengers who are also waiting. Currently they are closed as a reward for their hard work during the year. If they are so busy why take leave at a time I cld do with my money. I was told they had a return of funds from MSC as of 2/11. Why take so long to refund. Their service is nothing short of crap.

Ross Weaver
Ross WeaverMid North Coast, NSW

Never again

Am still waiting to find out why I have lost so much money for may HAL cruise cancellation of March 18 this year. I opted for the 125% Future Cruise Credit, but still managed to loose a few of thousand dollars on the deal. I understand that there would be fees and exchanges deducted. But for that outstanding amount? There has been contact with these people with assurances of an investigation and an explanation, but alas, I am still waiting for answers.
On this matter alone I would not be recommending this outfit to anyone looking for a travel agent, in fact, the one star appraisal is too much as far as I am concerned.
Beware!

Joanne
Joanne

Totally upfront

First time I have dealt with a travel agent as normally book through cruise line myself but saw offer that was hard to beat so had a lovely and helpful agent named Sylvia go through everything very patiently and offered helpful advise.Fast forward to 2020 Covd 19 and everything was cancelled so went through process of refund which has taken 5 months but I totally understand as a lot of people to deal with but Sianne who I have dealt with has kept me up to date with everything as soon as I sent an enquiry.Will book with them in future when the world is back to normal.

Lynda R.
Lynda R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waited Patiently

We had 2 holidays booked for 2020, the first being with CruiseAway at the end of April. The other with another travel agent. We found Cruise Away to be excellent, we have nothing to complain about & would use their services again but the 'other travel agency' zero stars. We were patient with both companies understanding the enormity of the task they had ahead of them. I feel for you all experiencing difficulties as we know how it feels but our experience with CruiseAway was one whereby we had no complaints at all.

Tony R F.
Tony R F.Central Queensland, QLD

Refund nightmare for Hawaii to Brisbane - Carnival Spirit

Colleen James
Colleen JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

First of all after being told by both P&O and Cruiseaway that we would be receiving our Full Refund for our cancelled Cruise (not by us) we are extremely disappointed to discover that Cruiseaway have withheld $200? This goes against the ACCC and believe me everyone is going to hear this story. Other TA’s are not doing this to their Customers especially if they want people to book with them again in the future? My Mum’s Cruise was cancelled also, her TA was Travel Associates who refunded her full deposit!

Thisbe
ThisbeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

24/6/2020, still wait for full cash refund since 18/3/2020

Today is 24/6/2020. Still waiting for my full cash refund since 18/3/2020. Bad experience with Cruiseaway & Royal Caribbean Int for my cash refund. Both companies had dozens of excuses. I want full cash refund as offered & promised by RCI and not 125% future credit. Pls refund ASAP. Thanks

Kellie J
Kellie JLaunceston, TAS

Sick of waiting for refund

I will never use this company again, any bookings in future will be done directly with Cruise companies and/or airlines, hotels etc.
I cancelled my cruise package to Hawaii on the 13th of March and every time I contact CruiseAway they change the goal posts. The last time I heard from them it was now out to 90 days (which will be next week). Not a very good experience for someone when it was supposed to be the first ever overseas holiday I have ever had and it's been nothing but a nightmare. I also don't have that much income as I am a single mum so when someone won't give me back my hard earned money it gets extremley frustrating.
I think a call to ACCC and/or Slater & Gordon is on the cards.

Phil M.Perth, WA

There is no zero stars!

Phil M.

Well, here it is September,and still NO refund! Any lawyers interested in taking action for me please?