CruiseAway

CruiseAway

• Trip Completed Yes (5) · No (39)
  • Ease of Booking
Sooty41

Sooty41

Service? What service?

Jenny

JennyBlackburn

My refund money.

I purchased tics for cruise in April. Cruise was cancelled. I am still waiting for a refund. Each time I make contact with them they play the line of jabinh a great number of passengers who are also waiting. Currently they are closed as a reward for their hard work during the year. If they are so busy why take leave at a time I cld do with my money. I was told they had a return of funds from MSC as of 2/11. Why take so long to refund. Their service is nothing short of crap.

Store LocationQLD
Ross Weaver

Ross WeaverMid North Coast, NSW

Never again

Am still waiting to find out why I have lost so much money for may HAL cruise cancellation of March 18 this year. I opted for the 125% Future Cruise Credit, but still managed to loose a few of thousand dollars on the deal. I understand that there would be fees and exchanges deducted. But for that outstanding amount? There has been contact with these people with assurances of an investigation and an explanation, but alas, I am still waiting for answers.
On this matter alone I would not be recommending this outfit to anyone looking for a travel agent, in fact, the one star appraisal is too much as far as I am concerned.
Beware!

Joanne

Joanne

Totally upfront

First time I have dealt with a travel agent as normally book through cruise line myself but saw offer that was hard to beat so had a lovely and helpful agent named Sylvia go through everything very patiently and offered helpful advise.Fast forward to 2020 Covd 19 and everything was cancelled so went through process of refund which has taken 5 months but I totally understand as a lot of people to deal with but Sianne who I have dealt with has kept me up to date with everything as soon as I sent an enquiry.Will book with them in future when the world is back to normal.

Store Location??
Lynda R.

Lynda R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waited Patiently

We had 2 holidays booked for 2020, the first being with CruiseAway at the end of April. The other with another travel agent. We found Cruise Away to be excellent, we have nothing to complain about & would use their services again but the 'other travel agency' zero stars. We were patient with both companies understanding the enormity of the task they had ahead of them. I feel for you all experiencing difficulties as we know how it feels but our experience with CruiseAway was one whereby we had no complaints at all.

Store LocationOnline
Tony R F.

Tony R F.Central Queensland, QLD

Refund nightmare for Hawaii to Brisbane - Carnival Spirit

Store LocationCruise away Robina
Colleen James

Colleen JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

First of all after being told by both P&O and Cruiseaway that we would be receiving our Full Refund for our cancelled Cruise (not by us) we are extremely disappointed to discover that Cruiseaway have withheld $200? This goes against the ACCC and believe me everyone is going to hear this story. Other TA’s are not doing this to their Customers especially if they want people to book with them again in the future? My Mum’s Cruise was cancelled also, her TA was Travel Associates who refunded her full deposit!

Store LocationBurleigh Heads Qld
Thisbe

ThisbeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

24/6/2020, still wait for full cash refund since 18/3/2020

Today is 24/6/2020. Still waiting for my full cash refund since 18/3/2020. Bad experience with Cruiseaway & Royal Caribbean Int for my cash refund. Both companies had dozens of excuses. I want full cash refund as offered & promised by RCI and not 125% future credit. Pls refund ASAP. Thanks

Store LocationQueensland
Kellie J

Kellie JLaunceston, TAS

Sick of waiting for refund

I will never use this company again, any bookings in future will be done directly with Cruise companies and/or airlines, hotels etc.
I cancelled my cruise package to Hawaii on the 13th of March and every time I contact CruiseAway they change the goal posts. The last time I heard from them it was now out to 90 days (which will be next week). Not a very good experience for someone when it was supposed to be the first ever overseas holiday I have ever had and it's been nothing but a nightmare. I also don't have that much income as I am a single mum so when someone won't give me back my hard earned money it gets extremley frustrating.
I think a call to ACCC and/or Slater & Gordon is on the cards.

Store LocationOnline

Phil M.Perth, WA

There is no zero stars!

Store LocationGold Coast Qld
Phil M.

Well, here it is September,and still NO refund! Any lawyers interested in taking action for me please?

Disgusted28

Disgusted28South East Queensland, QLD

Beware, service disappears when they have your money

Beware. Once they have your money, the service disappears entirely. I was misquoted the price for our cruise and after I booked I was told I had to pay more. Upgrading our drinks package was yet another drama and when we tried to make some changes to add another passenger, we could not even get an answer from them. Now that cruises and international travel have been stopped, they will not communicate with us at all about the return of our deposit. They do seem to have the time to send me junk emails about future cruises. I would never book with them again. Read the other reviews, this seems to be a common complaint about this business.

Store Locationonline

Vicki RulePerth, WA

Very slow refunding!

Lisa

Lisa

Disgraceful service

We had our cruise cancelled on 12/2. That was disappointing but better to be safe. I have called Princess cruises the ship we were meant to cruise on and they told me they sent Cruise Away a cheque on the 15/2???? 18/3 and we still have not received our refund not happy to say the least would never book with them ever again. Customer service has been appalling numerous emails phone calls etc still no refund or return contact in days

Gordon

GordonEvatt 2617, ACT

Cruiseaway slow in refunding deposits. Out of pocket for a holiday we didn't get to take.

Store LocationCruiseaway on line
yryryryryry

yryryryryryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not to be trusted

MetalMick

MetalMickVictoria, 3095

Trying to take our money and run!

Lyn R.

Lyn R.Central, SA

I booked in good faith, thinking the company would do their best for us - Wrong, wrong wrong.

Trip CompletedYes
Tenielle H.

Tenielle H.Sydney, NSW

Don't waste your time or money

worst agency ever! First they organised travel insurance for my parents that didn't include the country they were actually travelling to. When their cruise was cancelled by princess cruises the agency took it upon themselves to cancel all the flights and accommodation without permission knowing there would be no compensation. My parents still could have used the original flights and accommodation that was booked. I'm only giving you one star because there's no option to give you none! Perhaps you should train your staff better so others don't lose more than 3k worth of holidays!

Don't bother booking through these scammers! All they do is steal your money!

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Insurance
Alok A.

Alok A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Untrustworthy

Not well organised

We went to book a cruise late for a holiday and we made the booking and payment in a promotion period but cruse away didn't make it with P&O so we missed out on getting the promo nothing offered to us for this and we could not cancel due to paying in full