CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Questions & Answers

4.5 from 1,054 reviews

50 questions from our users

Condesa

Condesaasked

Is it possible to get a sample of the meal plans before joining?
are there multiple alternatives of meals in case one does not eat a certain food item?
are the recipes done with easy to find, everyday ingredients that most people have at home?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi there, yes to all, if you forward your questions to our support team at support@totalwellbeingdiet.com we can forward you the taster/some other examples.

There are meal swaps available for each meal and you can substitute individual foods as needed to suit preferences.

Condesa

Condesaasked

are the eating plans based on a specific number of daily calories eg 1200 or 1500?

Karen
Karen

The healthy eating plan is based on food groups.
Meat & Protein, Breads & Cereals, Vegetables , Fruits , Dairy & healthy fats & an indulgence a day if you want. They have a graph with calories burnt depending on your weight and age and suggest a daily calorie intake but it’s not based around counting calories. I love not to have to worry about calories especially empty calories as most of the low G.I foods TWD recommend are nutritional and fulfilling . I’ve found the website amazing and easy to follow. Worth a look at joining :)

Robin
Robin

Hi. Like Karen said, the diet is not based on calories, but units of each food group, like 3 units of breads & grains or 2.5 units of protein, per day. The units are decided by weight or volume. It’s very easy to follow & fit a ‘normal’ days eating around. Hope this helps.

Mark Rutledge

Mark Rutledgeasked

do I have to eat all my daiy snacks on the TWD?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Mark, your snacks ate there to help you reach your daily units/food requirements. We would encourage that you do eat all snacks per day.

PhilB

PhilBasked

I am considering doing the TWD but have a couple of health issues. These are Parkinson's Disease and two arthritic hips. My question is . . . "Does the basic 12 week program include compulsory exercises?" as my mobility is somewhat restricted. Thanks in advance to any replies that I may receive.

Lauren F
Lauren F

No it does not! There is an exercise plan however this is not necessary to do with the meal plan. I personally did not use it at all and still lost weight.
All the best!

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

The great thing about the program is that it is scientifically formulated for weight loss, with or without exercise. You would just need to ensure that you are following the menu plan and program principles correctly, e.g. sticking within your food allowances and by doing so you can lose weight. Exercise is not mandatory.

Andrew Dasked

I joined TWD just 7 days ago and I’ve found the whole plan brilliant, easy (and tasty) to follow, resulting in a weight loss ~5kg in 6 days. Surprisingly despite a greater amount of exercise and more dietary rigour yesterday I weighed 800gm heavier this morning. Any explanations please?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Andrew, we are glad you are liking the program. Being your first couple of weeks it would be an adjustment period. At any point in the program is is not abnormal to experience a plateau or the occasional gain. Ensure you are following the food units per day and stick to the plan. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Patricia wilson
Patricia wilson

What can I do for a special dinner

Andrew Dasked

I travel a lot for work. Is it possible to still follow this diet while travelling/eating out?

Pauline Keays
Pauline Keays

Hi Andrew. You can make your smoothie and take with you. Also, a lot of the salads you can premake. When eating out, I went for the lower carb options. On each day's menu planner, there is the option of doing your own breakfast, lunch or dinner. I used these a few times. Good luck. It's worth it.

Andrew D

Thanks Pauline. The problem I gave is I’m away from home for 3-4 days at a time and so have little/no opportunity to make smoothies “on the road”

Majo
Majo

Yes, most definitely. I use to travel a lot for work also, and know that if I needed to again, I could easily follow this lifestyle change/diet.

Allison

Allisonasked

I’m currently pregnant with a bmi of 29. I’ve been recommended to gain between 7-11.5kg during pregnancy and am wondering if this program would be beneficial and safe for me to follow?

Hi Allison,

Thanks for your question and congratulations!

Unfortunately, while many of our recipes can be enjoyed by pregnant women, we currently don't have an online program suitable for pregnancy. If you need advice on your weight during pregnancy, we recommend that you are guided by your doctor.

Further, the Total Wellbeing Diet is a weight-loss program. If you have been recommended to gain weight we are unable to suggest the Total Wellbeing Diet.

We hope this helps to clarify - we wish you all the best.

Tilly W.
Tilly W.

I was on this program for 8 weeks, it wasn't bad. But it did not meet my expectation, as I was passionately looking for some sort of result. I read this guide about detoxing to keep the weight off from one blog I cannot recall. It finally led me to a program. it helped me not only lose weight but keep it off, hope it helps some others! https://flatbelly.ontrapages.com

Renz

Renzasked

I have had the Gastric Sleeve Operation approx 5 years ago, does this program accommodate for people who have had a gastric sleeve as our portions sizes and appitite is less than normal.
Rene Viljoen

Shelley
Shelley

It is all excellent food... but I am no expert,
Perhaps u could just make the serving sizes a little smaller..

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Rene, thanks for your question. The Total Wellbeing Diet is a structured plan that requires you to eat a range of food from the main food groups each day, you may find that the food is a lot for you as the program is not directly intended for one who has a gastric sleeve. You can still do the program however would need to monitor how you go and eat what you can. If you have any other questions you can contact us on support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Dave58

Dave58asked

Hi. Just wondering if your app has a functionality with Woolworths (or something similar) so you can get weekly ingredients delivered?

Bernice H.
Bernice H.

My husband is on week 5 of program 1
I wish to join too does that mean we have 2 menus to follow I would like the whole family to have the same food for dinner

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Dave, thanks for your question. The app does not have the Woolworths online functionality at this time. We do have that functionality on the website, however was temporarily disabled due to recent circumstances and food availability. If you have any questions be sure to contact our support team.

Bernice please email support@totalwellbeingdiet.com to further discuss your options.

Paula Ximena R.
Paula Ximena R.

Hi Bernice, you can cook the meals for the whole family. In my case it was just me and my husband cuz he wanted to eat the same as me. So I went to the website and doubled up the ingredients list for 2 people and there you go.

Wendy

Wendyasked

Is this program suitable for Insulin Dependent Type 1 Diabetic?
I am 56yrd old and I need to lose over 30kgs and am struggling with menopause and high blood pressure too.
For Diabetes I am on Novorapid Insulin Injections 3 times a day, Lantus Insulin at night, Jardiance tab once a day and Metformin once a day.
Avapro HCT for blood pressure
Losec for reflux
I want to lose weight to try to reduce these meds and help my joint aches and lower back/hip issues.
I cannot exercise much as I fell and have 2 bulging discs in my lower back which cause ciatica an MCL tear in my knee and Hip Burcitus.
All the more reason I need to lose weight!!
Thanks!
Wendy Lewis
wendyshotline@hotmail.com

Carolyn A.
Carolyn A.

The program states that it is suitable for Prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes, it’s a program that helps you manage these conditions through diet, exercise and education. I would suggest contact customer service for this program directly to answer all your questions, good luck

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Wendy, thank you for your question.

The program offers a menu plan/program for pre-diabetes/type 2 diabetes, which is a carbohydrate controlled plan that helps you manage whilst adhering to the program. This is not tested for type 1 diabetes however.

The program is a lower calorie, high protein, low GI eating plan based around food groups and getting a wide variety of foods from the main food groups each day. If following the eating plan and rest of the program, you can still find results even if you are doing little exercise.

The program can certainly assist in weight loss and helping you manage your eating. However if you require any specific recommendations or medical advice please contact your GP. If you have further questions please contact support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Madonna Gasked

Good morning, I have high blood pressure and High cholesterol so is this diet suitable for me?

Gretch
Gretch

Hi Madonna - sadly I’m not a Doctor so I can’t answer your question, however I would assume that any healthy eating plan should lower cholesterol and therefore can’t be bad for you. It’s a scientifically constructed diet and is not primarily about watching calories, but more about being conscious of the food groups you’re eating. I lost 12 kilos in 12 weeks. Have a lot more energy and fit into my old clothes, but medically I’m unsure how my health has improved. I can guarantee it has though! If in doubt, I’d check with your Doctor.

Thanks for your help Gretch

Judy
Judy

Hi Madonna, the eating plan is all about fresh food. I can’t comment on cholesterol but I have found losing a few kilos helped my blood pressure. Good luck

Michelle

Michelleasked

I know I need to record my weight once a week, but how often do I have to take measurements?

freeatlast
freeatlast

Hi Michelle - as I understand it, taking measurements is optional. Personally I saved it until times when the scales reflected a disappointing result! If I then took measurements I could see the change! Scales are not the be all and end all.

Liz S

Liz Sasked

What is the $19.95 per month if I am paying $199 for the programme?

Kerry
Kerry

The twelve week program costs $199, which will be refunded if you meet the criteria. The $19.95 per month is for phase two which is useful if you have not met your goals and want to continue with Total Wellbeing or you just like the routine of the diet. If you don't want to continue after the initial twelve weeks, you can just cancel at any time.

Hi Liz S,
As Kerry has said, the $199 provides you with access to our 12-week program. To continue accessing our program; including meal plans, recipes, exercise plans and tracking tools, you will automatically renew onto our $19.95 per month Loyalty plan. This can be cancelled at any time.

Marg  B

Marg Basked

I have a seafood allergy, are there alternatives in this diet?

Hi Marg B!
Our meal plans have a range of meal swap options available for each meal to ensure that you can choose a meal that best suits you; swapping meals that contain seafood for alternatives.

Peter T.

Peter T.asked

I have celiacs disease. Does this diet cater for my strictly gluten free needs?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Peter T, thanks for your question!

The Total Wellbeing Diet does offer a gluten free menu plan for members.

A delicious 4-week gluten free eating plan. The menu helps you learn the principles of the Total Wellbeing Diet with simple, nutritionally balanced gluten free meals and snacks. You have the option to swap meals and customise the menu to suit your gluten free lifestyle. This can be selected in program setup, or by clicking on > Settings > Change my menu plan preferences.

Janet

Janetasked

Do you get a weekly shopping list, so you don’t have to work out what ingredients you need, is it all done for you?

Sheila
Sheila

Yes, you can select a 1 day, 3 days or 7 day shopping list.

Michelle O.

Michelle O.asked

How does the refund work. How do you prove your weight loss

Vicki
Vicki

Hi Michelle,
You enter your weight each week plus a photo for 12 weeks. When finished complete survey and apply for a refund. You don't have to prove your weight loss it is based on what you record. See link https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/pricing/refundable-membership-fees/
Cheers Vicki

Lexy
Lexy

Our experience was slightly different as there was a change of website during our 12 weeks. We did have trouble relearning how to use the new website which is better once you know how to use it.
Make sure you put your photo and measurements in ON THE DAY, that's on the fine print. 12 photos, 12 measurements, it's not too hard and the diet itself is fabulous.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Michelle, thanks for your question. You need to weigh-in and upload a photo once per week, for all 12 weeks of the program, consecutively. You need to have a net weight loss over 12 weeks (any amount, could be 500g), and complete the end of program survey, as well as completing the program in the set time. See the criteria on our website: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/pricing/refundable-membership-fees/

Julieasked

Is the csiro diet suitable for someone who is a cronic asthmatic and also has COPD. Im desperately in need of losing weight i cant use a lot of the diets out there as im allergic to banana's and avacado.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Julie, we would recommend that you touch base with your GP prior to joining us to ensure that a high protein, low GI eating plan is suitable for yourself.
The Total Wellbeing Diet and the food group approach will allow you to substitute foods such as banana and avocado for alternative foods from the same food group.

Janine

Janineasked

My anticipated weight loss only came back as 2kgs but I know I need to drop at least 5kgs. Does this mean the program is not going to be worth it for me?

Jean
Jean

The program will be well worth it. You learn so much about eating properly. It's a lifestyle program that focuses not on calories but on eating the right food to keep you from feeling hungry and eating nutriously.

Cekay
Cekay

It will certainly be worth it, I agree with everything Jean said, I have been following it for almost 2 years and have never felt better

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Janine! Our program can certainly still be beneficial. As the others have said, the program and it's food group approach will assist you to focus on eating the right foods in the right quantities throughout the day.

Ree Reeasked

I live on my own. How hard is it to change the receipe plan for m?
I have Epilepsy so it will take me longer than usual to respond.
Thanks.
Maria

LyndaES
LyndaES

Hi Maria, i did find the first couple of weeks very time consuming, but following the plan exactly gave me a greater understanding of what proportions i could have, now i do meals that suit my busy life and track everything so i know where i am at, but after initially thinking agghhh i am so glad i persevered though !!! Good luck

That's great to know. Thanks

Stu
Stu

Hi Maria, You can swap out meals from each daily meal plan if there are meals that don't suit or appeal to you. It takes a week or two to get the feel of changing things around and still stick within the daily guidelines but as Lynda mentioned it is worth sticking to it. Good luck also.

Get an answer from our members and CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet representatives