CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Questions & Answers

38 questions from our users

Liz S

Liz Sasked

What is the $19.95 per month if I am paying $199 for the programme?

Kerry
Kerry

The twelve week program costs $199, which will be refunded if you meet the criteria. The $19.95 per month is for phase two which is useful if you have not met your goals and want to continue with Total Wellbeing or you just like the routine of the diet. If you don't want to continue after the initial twelve weeks, you can just cancel at any time.

Hi Liz S,
As Kerry has said, the $199 provides you with access to our 12-week program. To continue accessing our program; including meal plans, recipes, exercise plans and tracking tools, you will automatically renew onto our $19.95 per month Loyalty plan. This can be cancelled at any time.

Marg  B

Marg Basked

I have a seafood allergy, are there alternatives in this diet?

Hi Marg B!
Our meal plans have a range of meal swap options available for each meal to ensure that you can choose a meal that best suits you; swapping meals that contain seafood for alternatives.

Peter T.

Peter T.asked

I have celiacs disease. Does this diet cater for my strictly gluten free needs?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Peter T, thanks for your question!

The Total Wellbeing Diet does offer a gluten free menu plan for members.

A delicious 4-week gluten free eating plan. The menu helps you learn the principles of the Total Wellbeing Diet with simple, nutritionally balanced gluten free meals and snacks. You have the option to swap meals and customise the menu to suit your gluten free lifestyle. This can be selected in program setup, or by clicking on > Settings > Change my menu plan preferences.

Janet

Janetasked

Do you get a weekly shopping list, so you don’t have to work out what ingredients you need, is it all done for you?

Sheila
Sheila

Yes, you can select a 1 day, 3 days or 7 day shopping list.

Michelle O.

Michelle O.asked

How does the refund work. How do you prove your weight loss

Vicki
Vicki

Hi Michelle,
You enter your weight each week plus a photo for 12 weeks. When finished complete survey and apply for a refund. You don't have to prove your weight loss it is based on what you record. See link https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/pricing/refundable-membership-fees/
Cheers Vicki

Lexy
Lexy

Our experience was slightly different as there was a change of website during our 12 weeks. We did have trouble relearning how to use the new website which is better once you know how to use it.
Make sure you put your photo and measurements in ON THE DAY, that's on the fine print. 12 photos, 12 measurements, it's not too hard and the diet itself is fabulous.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Michelle, thanks for your question. You need to weigh-in and upload a photo once per week, for all 12 weeks of the program, consecutively. You need to have a net weight loss over 12 weeks (any amount, could be 500g), and complete the end of program survey, as well as completing the program in the set time. See the criteria on our website: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/pricing/refundable-membership-fees/

Julieasked

Is the csiro diet suitable for someone who is a cronic asthmatic and also has COPD. Im desperately in need of losing weight i cant use a lot of the diets out there as im allergic to banana's and avacado.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Julie, we would recommend that you touch base with your GP prior to joining us to ensure that a high protein, low GI eating plan is suitable for yourself.
The Total Wellbeing Diet and the food group approach will allow you to substitute foods such as banana and avocado for alternative foods from the same food group.

Janine

Janineasked

My anticipated weight loss only came back as 2kgs but I know I need to drop at least 5kgs. Does this mean the program is not going to be worth it for me?

Jean
Jean

The program will be well worth it. You learn so much about eating properly. It's a lifestyle program that focuses not on calories but on eating the right food to keep you from feeling hungry and eating nutriously.

Cekay
Cekay

It will certainly be worth it, I agree with everything Jean said, I have been following it for almost 2 years and have never felt better

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Janine! Our program can certainly still be beneficial. As the others have said, the program and it's food group approach will assist you to focus on eating the right foods in the right quantities throughout the day.

Ree Reeasked

I live on my own. How hard is it to change the receipe plan for m?
I have Epilepsy so it will take me longer than usual to respond.
Thanks.
Maria

LyndaES
LyndaES

Hi Maria, i did find the first couple of weeks very time consuming, but following the plan exactly gave me a greater understanding of what proportions i could have, now i do meals that suit my busy life and track everything so i know where i am at, but after initially thinking agghhh i am so glad i persevered though !!! Good luck

That's great to know. Thanks

Stu
Stu

Hi Maria, You can swap out meals from each daily meal plan if there are meals that don't suit or appeal to you. It takes a week or two to get the feel of changing things around and still stick within the daily guidelines but as Lynda mentioned it is worth sticking to it. Good luck also.

Hannah S.asked

My Total Wellbeing App just stopped working. It wont allow me to add any food items. Is it just mine? Help? Thanks!

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Hannah, we do apologise that you are having issues with your app, please forward this query to support@totalwellbeingdiet.com where our member services team can further help you.

Hannah S.

Great. Will do. Thank you!

glen

glenasked

where can I get it

Hi Glen,

Information on the program and where to register are on our website, https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/

If you have any queries about the program these can be forwarded to support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kayla

Kaylaasked

I was wondering if this diet is for type 1 diabetics? I have done so many diets in tbe past from shakes to prescribed medications and have lost nothing instead gained. I need to lose weight badly and am willing to give anything a go besides surgery. My endocrinologist suggested to try but just wanted an input. I also have hashimotos thyroiditis and we are not sure if that is what is causing not much weight loss. It is under control.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for your question.

The Total Wellbeing Diet Diabetes program has been designed as a guide to losing weight for people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes.

The diet is a moderate carbohydrate, high protein diet and has not been clinically tested for people with type 1 diabetes. The menu will provide carbohydrate-containing foods in the form of Breads & Cereals, dairy, fruit and vegetables in both the Breakfast and Lunch meals; our menu plans typically contain minimal carbohydrate-containing foods with the Dinner meal.

For more information about our Total Wellbeing Diet Diabetes Program please visit: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/12-week-program/prediabetes-type-2-diabetes/

We are not able to give individual advice, and we do suggest that you are guided by the recommendations of your Endocrinologist to ensure that your diet is appropriate for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Anshul M.

Anshul M.asked

I am vegetarian and don’t eat eggs. Will I have good meal options?

Rupert
Rupert

Just be cautious. The ‘support’ offered in the program is generic, they’re happily say they can cater for your dietary requirements. However, in reality they’ll simply swap out the meals you can’t eat and you’ll just end up eating the same basic, bland, meals over and over.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Anshul, thanks for reaching out, the Total Wellbeing Diet is a high protein/low GI diet that incorporates whole foods from the main food groups. We have several meal plans available, however we do not currently have a vegetarian meal plan. The diet can be modified to suit preferences through meal swaps and substitutions, however is not researched for vegetarians. Please view our help article below for further information:

David7321

David7321asked

Is there an app for android .some one said only for apple

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi David, yes, at this current time our app is limited to apple iPhones, however you can access the full sit on your phone and save the web-page to your homescreen to do the diet on your mobile device.

Elaine J.

Elaine J.asked

I was in the very first launch of the program and I lost a few kgs but also put on a few. I now need to loose about 6kgs. Since completing the program I have discovered that I am FODMAP sensitive. Does the Program 2 cater for someone like me.

Anthony
Anthony

hi Elaine , I cant help you with Program 2. I only completed the first program but I believe a focus on protein and fresh fruit and veg it could help. good luck .

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Elaine, Although the Total Wellbeing Diet has been designed to be suitable for a large proportion of the population, it may not be suitable for individuals with specific conditions, allergies or intolerance's which would be best treated with specialist, individualised advice. At this time we do not have a FODMAP friendly program available.

We do have meal swap options available which can help you customise your menu plan based on your food preferences, however we do not have the option to create a menu plan based on intolerance's or allergies. You also have the ability to make food substitutions once you’ve added your menu plan to the Food & Exercise Diary. Additionally you can substitute your own recipes to suit your tastes and preferences, simply use your Food & Exercise diary to record the recipe and keep an eye on your Food Units.

We do recommend that you always speak with your Doctor or Health Professional before commencing any weight loss program.

Ingrid S.

Ingrid S.asked

You have a low carb recipe book and low carb plan book form. Will you eventually incorporate this way of eating with your online plan?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Ingrid S, thanks for your question.
Unfortunately there is not currently an online version of the low carb diet. Currently, only the Total Wellbeing Diet is available as an online program; including high protein, low GI meals.

Please note that the Total Wellbeing Diet and Low Carb Diet are two different programs. While they both utilise a food group approach, the food groups and quantities are different between each program.

RozBasked

Do the menus cater for a single person. Also are there cook ahead and freeze meals because i work full time as well as a second business after hours. Thanks

Ross D.

Yes, menus are individual servings and some menus are 2 servings to cater for the same meal later in the week. Some of the breakfasts are serve 4 because you have it 4 times over the week. I run my own business and manage to prepare meals in advance, swap meals when the suggested meal won’t work. Definitely still requires effort and planning, but I have managed it for past five months without any issues. There are many options. Highly flexible. I’m enjoying the TWB program and getting results.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi RozB, thanks for your question. As Ross D has said, meals are individual servings, with some serving more than 1 to include a leftover later in the week. There are a range of different meals available in your meal swap lists to make sure you can select meals that are suitable for your schedule.
The program will require some time and effort to plan, however we try to minimise this with our pre-prepared menu plans, meal swaps, shopping lists and integration with Woolworths online.
Feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us

RozB

thanks everyone that is very useful

KMumasked

Does the diet start on a certain day of the week or month, or do you commence the day after you sign up? Are there exercise options that are suitable for people who experience joint pain?

SUPERSYE

You choose your start date and your weigh in date. The website has heaps of exercises for you to try. Its not the kind of diet that forces you to do heaps of exercise. You’re obviously advised to do some each day but it’s up to you. Think of it as a healthy eating plan and not a diet. A change for the better. I felt instantly better after the first week.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi KMum, Thanks for your question. Thank you SUPERSYE for your response :)
Once you register you can choose a starting date up to 1-week away. You will be able to choose any day of the week as your weigh-in day.
We don't have specific joint pain exercise plans, however we do have a range of different exercise plan options that you can choose from. We would also recommend speaking with your Doctor or Physio for specific recommendations of suitable exercises.

Anup

Anupasked

I am vegeterian, will it problem?

SUPERSYE

There are vegetarian options I believe. It’s a high protein diet so the protein has to come from either tofu or fish I guess.

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your question. We do not currently have a specific vegetarian menu plan. However we do provide Vegetarian Meals as meal swaps, but these are limited and may not achieve all nutrient and food group targets.

If dairy foods and eggs are part of your diet, you shouldn't have any problem achieving the protein intake. You most certainly can substitute lentils and other forms of vegetarian sources of protein for the animal proteins. If you wish to substitute non-meat protein, we would suggest eating 200 g tofu or 260 g cooked chickpeas, beans or lentils instead of 200 g meat fish or chicken or 2 eggs for 1 unit of protein.

You can also use the Recipe Index and Food Search to search for Vegetarian recipes and add these to your Food & Exercise Diary.

I do wish to mention that The Total Wellbeing Diet was not designed or tested for vegetarian eating patterns. CSIRO have not investigated whether a high-protein vegetarian diet is as effective as a high-animal-protein diet, but they do know that vegetable protein confers a similar benefit in reducing hunger. You may want to consult your GP or dietitian to modify the Diet for your needs.

Please view our help article below for further information: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000688676-How-to-participate-in-the-program-as-a-vegetarian

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Vicki Easked

I start work at 5.30 am what sort of breakfast would I eat? I currently eat granola and yoghurt.

Ross D.

Plenty of combinations available for berry smoothies, bircher muesli, yoghurt and berries etc Yesterday I had rye toast with avocado and fetta, there are protein pancakes (banana, oats etc.). Plus the normal eggs on toast, omelettes - easy to make.

Vicki E

Thanks I’m literally up and out the door in 20 mins no time even for toast that helps

SUPERSYE

Personally I have a slice of burgen bread with a 3 slices of cheese, melted in the micro and quarter/half an apple. Also a slice of burgen bread with apple covered in ricotta cheese is always nice. This diet contains a lot of protein so bran can be your friend.

Sharon U.

Sharon U.asked

I have been on many diets but put it back on now hitting menopause harder to loose weight. I had mirena inserted approx 6 weeks ago amd the weight is hitting pound by pound i am not happy. I am a very fussy eater does the plan cater for this?

SUPERSYE

I guess it depends on how fussy you are. No diet is going to cater to a very fussy eater. The diet is based around your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day combined with 150 - 200g protein. There are heaps of recipes that combine these. All of them can be “adjusted” within reason. If you won’t eat vegetables you won’t enjoy this diet in all honesty. You can use most non oil based condiments to jazz your veggies/salads up. I’m still eating the same food even though the 12 weeks has ended because it’s a healthy enjoyable way to eat. Their website has a really handy food index that you can check what a certain food is going to “cost” from you daily allowance. It’s fantastic and has most things you would need. Eg if you wanted to know if you could eat baked beans, you type it in the search bar and it’ll tell you how many “points” they are from what brand. I don’t work for these guys. I’m just a normal joe. If I can lose this much weight at 49 in 12 weeks then anyone can. Look at it this way - 2 weeks on this diet and you’ll drop 3-5 kg if you follow it. That’s an instantly noticeable weight loss. If you stick to that for another 10 weeks and record your weight and a selfie (totally private) they’ll give you your money back. All you have to do is eat and lose weight.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Sharon, we offer a weight loss program that is centered around a high protein/low GI diet. We offer eight different meal plans that work with this. In terms of being a fussy eater you are able to substitute foods you do not like with an equivalent that you do like/can eat, and you can also swap meals out for other meals from a list of options. This diet does encourage and provide the teachings for healthy eating and a healthy diet, which can be utilized for life after the program. In this sense it is designed to facilitate weight loss and change your eating habits and lifestyle. The diet itself is not designed for specific conditions.

Get an answer from our members and CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet representatives