CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Questions & Answers

glen

glenasked

where can I get it

Hi Glen,

Information on the program and where to register are on our website, https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/

If you have any queries about the program these can be forwarded to support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kayla

Kaylaasked

I was wondering if this diet is for type 1 diabetics? I have done so many diets in tbe past from shakes to prescribed medications and have lost nothing instead gained. I need to lose weight badly and am willing to give anything a go besides surgery. My endocrinologist suggested to try but just wanted an input. I also have hashimotos thyroiditis and we are not sure if that is what is causing not much weight loss. It is under control.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for your question.

The Total Wellbeing Diet Diabetes program has been designed as a guide to losing weight for people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes.

The diet is a moderate carbohydrate, high protein diet and has not been clinically tested for people with type 1 diabetes. The menu will provide carbohydrate-containing foods in the form of Breads & Cereals, dairy, fruit and vegetables in both the Breakfast and Lunch meals; our menu plans typically contain minimal carbohydrate-containing foods with the Dinner meal.

For more information about our Total Wellbeing Diet Diabetes Program please visit: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/12-week-program/prediabetes-type-2-diabetes/

We are not able to give individual advice, and we do suggest that you are guided by the recommendations of your Endocrinologist to ensure that your diet is appropriate for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Anshul M.

Anshul M.asked

I am vegetarian and don’t eat eggs. Will I have good meal options?

Rupert
Rupert

Just be cautious. The ‘support’ offered in the program is generic, they’re happily say they can cater for your dietary requirements. However, in reality they’ll simply swap out the meals you can’t eat and you’ll just end up eating the same basic, bland, meals over and over.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Anshul, thanks for reaching out, the Total Wellbeing Diet is a high protein/low GI diet that incorporates whole foods from the main food groups. We have several meal plans available, however we do not currently have a vegetarian meal plan. The diet can be modified to suit preferences through meal swaps and substitutions, however is not researched for vegetarians. Please view our help article below for further information:

David7321

David7321asked

Is there an app for android .some one said only for apple

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi David, yes, at this current time our app is limited to apple iPhones, however you can access the full sit on your phone and save the web-page to your homescreen to do the diet on your mobile device.

Elaine J.

Elaine J.asked

I was in the very first launch of the program and I lost a few kgs but also put on a few. I now need to loose about 6kgs. Since completing the program I have discovered that I am FODMAP sensitive. Does the Program 2 cater for someone like me.

Anthony
Anthony

hi Elaine , I cant help you with Program 2. I only completed the first program but I believe a focus on protein and fresh fruit and veg it could help. good luck .

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Elaine, Although the Total Wellbeing Diet has been designed to be suitable for a large proportion of the population, it may not be suitable for individuals with specific conditions, allergies or intolerance's which would be best treated with specialist, individualised advice. At this time we do not have a FODMAP friendly program available.

We do have meal swap options available which can help you customise your menu plan based on your food preferences, however we do not have the option to create a menu plan based on intolerance's or allergies. You also have the ability to make food substitutions once you’ve added your menu plan to the Food & Exercise Diary. Additionally you can substitute your own recipes to suit your tastes and preferences, simply use your Food & Exercise diary to record the recipe and keep an eye on your Food Units.

We do recommend that you always speak with your Doctor or Health Professional before commencing any weight loss program.

Ingrid S.

Ingrid S.asked

You have a low carb recipe book and low carb plan book form. Will you eventually incorporate this way of eating with your online plan?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Ingrid S, thanks for your question.
Unfortunately there is not currently an online version of the low carb diet. Currently, only the Total Wellbeing Diet is available as an online program; including high protein, low GI meals.

Please note that the Total Wellbeing Diet and Low Carb Diet are two different programs. While they both utilise a food group approach, the food groups and quantities are different between each program.

RozBasked

Do the menus cater for a single person. Also are there cook ahead and freeze meals because i work full time as well as a second business after hours. Thanks

Ross D.

Yes, menus are individual servings and some menus are 2 servings to cater for the same meal later in the week. Some of the breakfasts are serve 4 because you have it 4 times over the week. I run my own business and manage to prepare meals in advance, swap meals when the suggested meal won’t work. Definitely still requires effort and planning, but I have managed it for past five months without any issues. There are many options. Highly flexible. I’m enjoying the TWB program and getting results.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi RozB, thanks for your question. As Ross D has said, meals are individual servings, with some serving more than 1 to include a leftover later in the week. There are a range of different meals available in your meal swap lists to make sure you can select meals that are suitable for your schedule.
The program will require some time and effort to plan, however we try to minimise this with our pre-prepared menu plans, meal swaps, shopping lists and integration with Woolworths online.
Feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us

RozB

thanks everyone that is very useful

KMumasked

Does the diet start on a certain day of the week or month, or do you commence the day after you sign up? Are there exercise options that are suitable for people who experience joint pain?

SUPERSYE

You choose your start date and your weigh in date. The website has heaps of exercises for you to try. Its not the kind of diet that forces you to do heaps of exercise. You’re obviously advised to do some each day but it’s up to you. Think of it as a healthy eating plan and not a diet. A change for the better. I felt instantly better after the first week.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi KMum, Thanks for your question. Thank you SUPERSYE for your response :)
Once you register you can choose a starting date up to 1-week away. You will be able to choose any day of the week as your weigh-in day.
We don't have specific joint pain exercise plans, however we do have a range of different exercise plan options that you can choose from. We would also recommend speaking with your Doctor or Physio for specific recommendations of suitable exercises.

Anup

Anupasked

I am vegeterian, will it problem?

SUPERSYE

There are vegetarian options I believe. It’s a high protein diet so the protein has to come from either tofu or fish I guess.

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your question. We do not currently have a specific vegetarian menu plan. However we do provide Vegetarian Meals as meal swaps, but these are limited and may not achieve all nutrient and food group targets.

If dairy foods and eggs are part of your diet, you shouldn't have any problem achieving the protein intake. You most certainly can substitute lentils and other forms of vegetarian sources of protein for the animal proteins. If you wish to substitute non-meat protein, we would suggest eating 200 g tofu or 260 g cooked chickpeas, beans or lentils instead of 200 g meat fish or chicken or 2 eggs for 1 unit of protein.

You can also use the Recipe Index and Food Search to search for Vegetarian recipes and add these to your Food & Exercise Diary.

I do wish to mention that The Total Wellbeing Diet was not designed or tested for vegetarian eating patterns. CSIRO have not investigated whether a high-protein vegetarian diet is as effective as a high-animal-protein diet, but they do know that vegetable protein confers a similar benefit in reducing hunger. You may want to consult your GP or dietitian to modify the Diet for your needs.

Please view our help article below for further information: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000688676-How-to-participate-in-the-program-as-a-vegetarian

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Vicki Easked

I start work at 5.30 am what sort of breakfast would I eat? I currently eat granola and yoghurt.

Ross D.

Plenty of combinations available for berry smoothies, bircher muesli, yoghurt and berries etc Yesterday I had rye toast with avocado and fetta, there are protein pancakes (banana, oats etc.). Plus the normal eggs on toast, omelettes - easy to make.

Vicki E

Thanks I’m literally up and out the door in 20 mins no time even for toast that helps

SUPERSYE

Personally I have a slice of burgen bread with a 3 slices of cheese, melted in the micro and quarter/half an apple. Also a slice of burgen bread with apple covered in ricotta cheese is always nice. This diet contains a lot of protein so bran can be your friend.

Sharon U.

Sharon U.asked

I have been on many diets but put it back on now hitting menopause harder to loose weight. I had mirena inserted approx 6 weeks ago amd the weight is hitting pound by pound i am not happy. I am a very fussy eater does the plan cater for this?

SUPERSYE

I guess it depends on how fussy you are. No diet is going to cater to a very fussy eater. The diet is based around your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day combined with 150 - 200g protein. There are heaps of recipes that combine these. All of them can be “adjusted” within reason. If you won’t eat vegetables you won’t enjoy this diet in all honesty. You can use most non oil based condiments to jazz your veggies/salads up. I’m still eating the same food even though the 12 weeks has ended because it’s a healthy enjoyable way to eat. Their website has a really handy food index that you can check what a certain food is going to “cost” from you daily allowance. It’s fantastic and has most things you would need. Eg if you wanted to know if you could eat baked beans, you type it in the search bar and it’ll tell you how many “points” they are from what brand. I don’t work for these guys. I’m just a normal joe. If I can lose this much weight at 49 in 12 weeks then anyone can. Look at it this way - 2 weeks on this diet and you’ll drop 3-5 kg if you follow it. That’s an instantly noticeable weight loss. If you stick to that for another 10 weeks and record your weight and a selfie (totally private) they’ll give you your money back. All you have to do is eat and lose weight.

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Sharon, we offer a weight loss program that is centered around a high protein/low GI diet. We offer eight different meal plans that work with this. In terms of being a fussy eater you are able to substitute foods you do not like with an equivalent that you do like/can eat, and you can also swap meals out for other meals from a list of options. This diet does encourage and provide the teachings for healthy eating and a healthy diet, which can be utilized for life after the program. In this sense it is designed to facilitate weight loss and change your eating habits and lifestyle. The diet itself is not designed for specific conditions.

HelenD

HelenDasked

Are you intending to make an app for Android phones? I would like to register and complete this diet however would like to know I can use my new android phone.

Hi HelenD,
Thanks for your question. While we don't currently have an Android App, the Total Wellbeing Diet can be accessed on any internet-enabled device. We also have a mobile site that can be accessed from Android devices.

alex383

alex383asked

Has anyone done the Csiro total wellbeing diet?
I love the idea of learning new recipes and think the money back thing is great motivation...
But I'm terrified of the amount of cooking. I got the sample plan yesterday and the whole thing seemed more time consuming than I'm used to. A fiddly breakfast and a cheesecake threw me the most!
I love cooking and always cook dinner and make my own lunch. But with two young kids it's difficult to make elaborate breakfasts and I have no idea how I'd be able to whip up a cheesecake mid week!

Has anyone done it and can tell me about the amount of cooking involved? Can you substitute eg a yoghurt for a cheesecake if you don't have time?

I've done lite n easy before so know there are less cooking heavy options but I got tired of the lack of freshness. I refuse to do hello fresh as their sales people have been really rude to me.

Thanks!

Sharon.W
Sharon.W

Hi Alex383,
The twd is easy to follow most recipes take approx 30 min maximum and very easy to prepare. If you don't have time or don't like something just substitute for another recipe. This diet is a whole new way of eating and works even with recipe swaps. Hope this helps

Hi alex383.

Thanks for reaching out to us and for providing this feedback on our sample recipes.
Our menu plans will provide you with suggested meals for each day of your 12-week program, however you will have a list of swap options that you can choose between.

This enables you to select meals that suit you and your family. Whether you're after something quick and easy to prepare, or want something a little more complex, our meal swaps include a range of different options.

Once you have selected your meals in the menu plan, the shopping list will be updated to enable quick and easy shopping. Either via Woolworths online, or by taking the shopping list with you to the supermarket.

Our team are more than happy to help with any questions you have at https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kim.B

Kim.Basked

Do you get to keep recipes after the twelve week program finishes. Kim

Hi Kim.B,
To continue to have access to recipes, menu plans and our online tracking tools, you will need to continue with a Total Wellbeing Diet membership such as our Loyalty plan at $19.95 per month.
Contact our team here if you have any further questions: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Janaya U

Janaya Uasked

Hi i can't eat fruit at all would this be a problem?

Hi Janaya U,
Thanks for your question!
The Total Wellbeing Diet does include at least 2 serves of fruit each day. We would recommend that you contact our team here for further information on the suitability of our program: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sonia S

Sonia Sasked

I have an android phone and saw that the app is only available for Apple users. Is it difficult to do this diet without the app, and does it make tracking harder? TIA.

Hi Sonia S,
Thanks for your question!

Our App is only available for Apple devices, however you can certainly access our program on Android devices on our mobile site. Our mobile site has been designed as a more simple version of our website to allow for quick and easy tracking.

Gini

Giniasked

I have a lot of migraines so I can’t have preservatives, wine or high doses of amines and some salicylate laden fruit. I also seem to be FODMAP sensitive. Will this be a problem?

Pete
Pete

I used to get a lot of migraines myself. Since changing my diet and only eating fresh foods, (Not Processed) I've been migraine free.

Hi Gini,

Thanks for your question!

Although we try to design our programs to be suitable for a large proportion of the population, this means that our programs may not be suitable for individuals with specific conditions which may be best treated with specialist, individualised advice. We do not currently have a program option that takes into account amines, salicylates and FODMAP's. For this reason, if you haven't already, we advise that you seek advice from a health professional (Doctor or Dietitian) to ensure that you follow a suitable and safe diet whilst meeting your nutritional requirements.

If you have any further questions, please contact our team here: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Aam

Aamasked

If I change one meal for Another and it
does not work in the plan will I be notified?

Hi Aam,
Your menu plan will contain a list of meal swaps made up of meals with a similar food group unit breakdown. If the meal that you select has different food group units to the default meal, you will be able to see this in your menu plan.

Sandy

Sandyasked

Can I start the program anytime?

Col
Col

Yes Sandy you just sign up and then you put what date you want to start .

Paulineofold
Paulineofold

I signed up about 4 or 5 days before I started and it was no problem, you will find this the most sustainable diet plan you have ever come across

Dobbsie
Dobbsie

Yes you can. I also signed up a few days before so that I could organise myself (read the menu plans etc) and buy items not already in my pantry/fridge.

James

Jamesasked

I have mild osteoarthritis in my right hip, would this be an issue?

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in the Total Wellbeing Diet.

The online program has a range of exercise programs, including a gentle exercise plan called walk and tone. Or you can create your own exercise combos from the range of exercises in the exercise library.

We do however recommend you seek advice from your GP or health care provider for suitability prior to joining the program. For more information you can view these pages:

We also have an ebook about exercises for weight loss. The ebook is called the Secrets of Fat Loss, and can be downloaded here:

We look forward to welcoming you to the program soon!

Get an answer from our members and CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet representatives