4CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Questions & Answers

Verifiedtotalwellbeingdiet.com🏆 2024 Award
Lynette
Lynette

Is it possible to do the TWD with the book rather than the online platform?

Natalia S.
Natalia S.

Can I do meal prep of one particular meal and have the left overs on other days? Or do I need to have a different meal everyday? Time is not very plentiful in my life

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Natalia, you certainly can do this. We even have a meal plan designed for this called our Simple Meal Plan, it has more repetitive meals with larger meals to make leftovers to reduce cooking time. However in general you can meal prep as much as you like so long as you meet your daily serving requirements.

Maggazee

My 44 year old ,over weight daughter is interested in joining TWD but she has a very busy life in her own business. Would it be feasible for me to pay for her to start on the Fast Start program, meaning that she would have the relevant shakes on hand for her to commence her weight loss journey when she is ready to commit ,within an acceptable time frame of course?

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi there, You can certainly register the program for your daughter, however the shakes are exclusive to the program and the program is intended to be started within 1-2 weeks of registration. Therefore if she were not starting soon it would be best to hold off on registration.

Maggazee

Thank you. Great advice !

Family

can i drink soda water and diet coke

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Of course! The program doesn't prohibit you from anything so you can have what you wish, we only recommend that you keep it within proportion! Our program provides you with a handy feature that is a Food and Exercise tracker, this is to help provide you with a visual representation of your food units (servings) and will help keep you on track!

Family

I would like to thank CSIRO TWD. As recommended, I went to see my doctor prior to joining this Diet and have been diagnosed with a previously unknow heart concern. (I will be seeing a Heart Specialist in a few weeks!) Again, my thanks.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi there, thanks very much for your review! We are so happy to hear it has assisted you with your heart health. Wishing you all the best!

sunshine
sunshine

I really hate no fat options of milk yoghurt etc can one choose a smaller serve of full fat option instead.

Ruth T.
Ruth T.

Yup you can

Colours
Colours

Does the diet cater to vegans?

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi there, Thank you for contacting us.
The Total Wellbeing Diet is based on food groups, two of which are meat/protein and dairy.
As a result we do not have a vegan menu plan. It is possible however to make vegan appropriate substitutes to follow the plan. external link

Gayle D
Gayle D

Hey there

I am a full-time uni student and have 5 kids. My problem is and always has been more prioritising myself and my health. I'm tired of finding things that are labour-intensive in the kitchen, I don't have a problem being in the kitchen but cant spend all day there. Is this labour intensive and quite high cost to manage? I recall doing this back in 2005 and it was quite pricey each week back then, so concerned a little about today's prices.

Slate
Slate

One of the reasons this programme did not work for me are those exact issues.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Gayle, Thank you for your question.
You may find certain challenges with time and cooking for all on this program, however that doesn't mean there aren't ways to manage the program to make it work.

You can adjust shopping lists to account for however many people you want to cook for, and we have two menu plans that may be suitable. One is the protein basic plan which is a budget menu plan with less cooking and more repetition for convenience time wise, and with cheaper ingredients.

The other is our protein simple menu plan, which has been designed as a quick simple menu plan for people that don't have a lot of time to be in the kitchen.

If you have further questions feel free to contact us here: external link

Ronnie Hargrave
Ronnie Hargrave

How to input in one bread, one egg and one milk for breakfast. I want to save the fruit and nuts for later. I can’t seem to work out how to do it. It lists all the items and says add to tracker. I find this difficult to monitor what I’ve actually had for the day.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Ronnie, Thank you for your question.

You can track what you eat by the individual item in your food tracker, see more here: external link

If you are tracking a meal with listed ingredients, you can edit / delete what you did not eat once tracked in the tracker.

If you have further questions, contact our support team here: external link

John and Lynn
John and Lynn

What can you swap a 400ml latte with?

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

You can swap out a latte with any other dairy unit. For example, you can swap this with a glass of milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.

Fay O.
Fay O.

is the CSIRO diet suitable for people with coeliac disease?

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Faye, Thank you for your question!

The Total Wellbeing Diet offers a gluten free menu plan for members.

The menu helps you learn the principles of the Total Wellbeing Diet with simple, nutritionally balanced gluten free meals and snacks.

If you are following the 12-week program, please note the gluten free menu plan will repeat 3 times over the course of your program as the gluten free plan is a 4 week menu plan.

You can also follow any of our 12 week menu plans and make the necessary gluten free substitutes. The program is based on food groups so as long as you are eating from the food group you can be flexible with exactly what you eat. For more information on how to substitute, see here: external link

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to let our team know: external link

I hope this helps!

JP1985

Do many of the recipes use normal every day ingredients, or do you have to go buy more unusual and expensive ingredients? For example I don't think white wine vinegar, walnuts, prawns, ricotta pumpkin seeds etc. are normal pantry staples. Can you do this diet with a normal grocery shop/ pantry staples? Thanks.

Carolyn Kent-New Zealand
Carolyn Kent-New Zealand

It’s a very flexible plan. There are plenty of opportunities to swap meals and you can change ingredients within the meals themselves. I’ve added a few new items to my pantry along the way and I’m glad I did. The flavours make it worthwhile

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi there, Thank you for your question.
The Total Wellbeing Diet plans are made of of wholefoods from the core food groups, you won't get extravagant expensive ingredients you wouldn't find in an everyday shop and this program is about healthy everyday foods. As Carolyn mentioned, if there is something you won't use food substitutions and/or meal swaps can be done at anytime.

Maz T
Maz T

I find it difficult to get through all the food suggested on the menu plans in a day. Is the diet as effective if I reduce the portion sizes. The tabouli salad has taken me 5 sittings to finish and it says it is 2 serves. Breakfast is also very filling. Can I reduce these amounts?

Cath M
Cath M

I suggest you join the Facebook group, so much good advice there. The idea is that you need to feed your body enough to boost it to lose weight. So if your dairy share of breakfast yogurt is too much, you could swap that to a small piece of cheese… Join the group

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Maz, Thank you for your question - We're sorry to hear that you are struggling with the portion sizes.

We understand that for some new members it can seem like the meal plan suggests much more food than they are used to, and we have a great help centre article with a few ideas you can try. You can check this out here:
external link

It is important to do your best to eat all of the food suggested on your meal plan each day, as this will ensure you meet your food unit targets. These targets have been designed to ensure you meet your nutritional needs and support weight loss. With that being said, listen to your body and do not force yourself to eat to a point where you feel unwell.

We hope this helps!

Mel W.

I’m a shift worker and so is my husband. Sometimes it’s not easy to cook meals or just don’t have the time as our shifts are all over the place. I would love to try the diet but worry it’s not practical, or that I couldn’t have prepared fresh/frozen meals when needed?

MarisaWright

It would be difficult to follow this diet if you need to buy ready meals (fresh or frozen) from the supermarket. If you have time once a week to plan and pre-prepare your own meals for the week, then it's certainly achievable.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Mel, Thank you for your question! We have a great help centre article with tips for shift-workers here:
external link

In addition to the tips in this article, you may find the following information helpful too:
- Meal swapping: This will allow you to swap out a meal that may not be suitable for one reason or another, and replace it with another that will work better. You can use this to repeat meals more frequently so that you can cook in a large batch and freeze/reheat, or introduce simpler meals that are more appropriate for your workplace/schedule (like sandwiches/wraps for lunch): external link
- Meal plans: We have a range of different meal plans, and one meal plan that you may find most suitable is the Protein Balance Basic meal plan. This has been designed based on member feedback that some are too time-poor and prefer to spend less time cooking and more time reheating. You can read a description of our different meal plans here: external link
- Freestyling: Rather than following our meal plans you can create your own meals that work best for you, and use the food unit targets as a guide: external link

Armed with this information we are sure that you can make the program work for you and your husband despite your shifting schedule! If you have any further questions feel free to contact our support team here: external link

Ross and Toni Kajewski
Ross and Toni Kajewski

How many snacks a day are you supposed to eat please? is it (for example)...
One Latte, one weighed fruit selection & one weighed vegetable selection ONCE a day??
It's not specified on the menu plan - but has latte(s) written...
Thanks.

MarisaWright

It depends what plan you are on, but for most of them you get one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner and one snacks.

So yes, your "snacks" allowance is just one latte and one piece of fruit for the day. It sounds strange that there's a weighed vegetable selection in there, because vegetables are pretty much unlimited on this diet.

Check what's allowed in your breakfast, though. You may find there's a latte included.

Also remember, this diet is not about set menus. It's about food units. Let's say you have 120g ricotta in one meal and you don't want to eat that much. Cut it in half, and that lets you claim back a dairy unit, which you can use to make yourself a latte.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi there, Our menu plans provide one snack per day - these snacks will assist you to meet your daily food units, and you should be eating all snacks, as well as all meals per day to ensure that you meet your food units. We have 3 different food unit levels on the program, you are automatically placed on one based off your individual factors. The snacks vary depending on the food unit level you are on to ensure you are meeting your food unit requirements for the day.

Happy client65

Hi. I see that you have a weight loss program for diabetics. This is what i want but when i go to join and pay my money there is nowhere i can make this request/decision. Don't want to pay my money until i know that is what i am purchasing. i have done the questionnaire. many thank. Bill

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Bill, Thanks for your question. The diabetes program falls under program 1.
Once you register you are required to set up your program, upon set up you have the choice of choosing the standard program or the diabetes program, and the diabetes menu plan. So you do need to register to then choose this program when you set up. Thanks, TWD Team.

Thank-you. Will now go about joining. Many thanks
Bill

Anne O

Im looking for a Mediterranean cook book and am wondering if the Total Wellbeing complete diet book fills this requirement, and where is the best place to purchase

Tonya B
Tonya B

The books are available at book stores. There is some Mediterranean/Greek/Italian/Spanish dishes but it isn't specifically Mediterranean. Perhaps see if you can look at a copy before you purchase.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Anne, The online CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet does not have a book a version. The food groups based approach can be similar in line with a Mediterranean diet, if looking for a book the CSIRO Protein Plus is close to the online program and be purchased from book stores, department stores, or online.

Thank you that has been very helpful. Anne O

Julie J.
Julie J.

I have always had a massive appetite. Worried that the meals wont be fulfilling....

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Julie, the Total Wellbeing Diet is a high protein/low GI diet. High protein is found to be beneficial for long-term and short-term weight loss, weight maintenance and to reduce hunger. Protein can take longer to break down in our digestive system, keeping us fuller for longer and assisting in appetite control.

Kristina C.

Can I send my shopping list straight to Coles or Woolworths, or do I have to enter each item individually?

Helen
Helen

I used the shopping list but I don't think it transfers. You would have to check with TWD help.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Kristina, you can send your shopping list to Woolworths but not to Coles. To do this if you hover over food with your cursor you will see a link to 'Woolworths Click to Buy' and then follow the prompts.

Great! Thank you

Philippa P.
Philippa P.

Has this worked? Is this only on laptops? Im clicking on "food" in shopping list section but no link to woolies is popping up.

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Philippa, On the website (which can be accessed on your laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device) go to Food > Legacy Links > Woolworths Click to Buy.

I hope this helps!

Wendy
Wendy

Hello
I do not eat anything labelled as low fat, will that affect this weight loss program for me?
cheers Wendy

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet   DM

Hi Wendy, Our program typically recommends lower fat products (such as dairy products) to help with reducing the overall energy and fat intake, to assist with weight loss. You can certainly follow your preference, we just recommend that you track this in the online diary to monitor your overall intake.

Get an answer from our members and CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet representatives