CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

30 questions from our users

James

Jamesasked

I have mild osteoarthritis in my right hip, would this be an issue?

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in the Total Wellbeing Diet.

The online program has a range of exercise programs, including a gentle exercise plan called walk and tone. Or you can create your own exercise combos from the range of exercises in the exercise library.

We do however recommend you seek advice from your GP or health care provider for suitability prior to joining the program. For more information you can view these pages:

We also have an ebook about exercises for weight loss. The ebook is called the Secrets of Fat Loss, and can be downloaded here:

We look forward to welcoming you to the program soon!

David7321

David7321asked

Is the extra for the premium worth the extra on the wellbeing diet? have looked at pricing and it says special for $140 + but when i try to join it says $199 then a whole lot of extras , if i pay for the dietitians help how long does the session last, Also finding phone numbers to get in touch is very hard so i can ask these questions on a one on one

Ironbarkgirl
Ironbarkgirl

Hi if you want the refund program its 199 I believe. Its not so hard to get a refund. Lose net weight over 12 weeks, take a picure and load it up each week and do a survey at the end and provide permission to use. So you get your money back. I dont think you can call but they usually respond via email in a business day. The dietian is like 35 mins. I found the program useful by using all the elements. Like i consider myself an informed person and i learned a lot about what and how much I should eat. I put nothing om over xmas which is like a miracle and i wasnt on the program at that time. One thing though you need to cancel and contact them prior to end of 12 weeks as you are automatically put on.a monthly program. You need to opt out the last day od the 12th week or contact the team and dtate your intent to cancel and they can help which I did. Which you can do in settings on your account. A few have complained about that but its quite clear when you sign up that will happen and how to opt out of the maintance program. I didnt get the extras like the books. Thats pointless as the web portal gives you meal plans.

Hi David7321,

Thank you for your interest in the Total Wellbeing Diet online.

You can purchase Dietitian sessions in bundles of 2. These are 20 minute sessions with Accredited Practising Dietitians. You will be allocated to a Dietitian so you will have the same person at each online session.

The Premium program has 2 sessions included in the package, as well as a recipe book as a companion to your program: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/12-week-program/premium-membership/

Membership is packed with value. When you join the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet, you’ll have access to loads of great features designed to make it easy for you to lose weight, such as:
- A scientifically formulated weight loss program from CSIRO
- 12 weeks of easy, delicious meal plans
- Member-only iOS app
- Plenty of delicious, healthy recipes and meal ideas
- Practical exercise plans you can do at home
- Reminders and tracking tools to keep you on track
- Easy print shopping lists
- Forums to share the journey with 1000s of other members
- Ability to sync your Fitbit or Garmin to the website
- Full refund if you successfully complete the program (see refund instructions)

You can find our contact number on the Help Page under "contact us" or send us an email and we can provide you with an individual response.

I hope this helps and hope to see you soon at the Total Wellbeing Diet online.

dalia

daliaasked

I am just trying to lose some weight, I don't know whether Im posting this where I needed to, in any case. Ive been attempting to shed pounds in the past ~6 months, yet scarcely had any advancement. I have tried going to the gym and similar stuff, however it didnt truly work out. I even purchased this thing the Red Tea detox yet that my thing also. Presently Ive run over an article about a woman losing weight with a new system and I simply needed to inquire as to whether this is really a genuine thing. Anybody has experience with it? Here's the link to the article lighterlifeblog.com/jennys ?

Nelle
Nelle

It is worth giving it a go it helps you get a better handle on eating, it has a sensible menu which you can choose to follow or if you are particular and prefer routine with your own food choices that are within the guidelines you can do that too. It has support and the forums are helpful and they really understand the different emotions people go through when wanting to improve themselves with exercise options to suit all types and having a cheap option that allows you to go beyond the first 12 weeks - good luck

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Dalia, The higher protein, low GI aspects of the Total Wellbeing Diet help to keep you satisfied with each meal. The higher protein research shows this can help with improving your metabolism, curbs your cravings and can be tailored to your individual personality.

Check out these pages for more information: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/media/1198/2018-csiro-protein-balance-report.pdf

And this page has more information about the diet:

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Mighelli40asked

I am keen on starting the programme (again ) & sticking to it. What I am struggling to get my head around is that low fat products are higher in sugar than normal products. Am I seeing something wrong?

Aclo
Aclo

This seems to be the case with all low-fat products - too much sugar or too much salt. Suggest you ask CSIRO support

I understand your concern as I had been avoiding low fat products while trying to lose weight before I started with CSIRO. In the end I accepted that CSIRO had scientifically formulated this eating plan so I stuck with their food plans and lost the weight. The majority of food is fresh produce so your not expected to consume too much. It’s so hard when there is so much conflicting information out there but I found sticking to the plan, with some variations, still works. Good luck.

Jego
Jego

Nothing wrong with your sight! I just use something else. I experiment. For salad dressing I use yoghurt and lemon juice, or olive oil and lemon juice. It's the amounts I eat that have changed. Also, the cheapness of fresh seasonal vegetables and fruit. And I shop at Coles and Aldi, nowhere out of the ordinary. This plan really works: I have never felt better. But you can adjust it to suit yourself. And don't beat yourself up: if you want a treat have one. With me, I find it is the exercise component that makes a difference. Look, every now and then I think I'd love a choc coated ice cream. Soon passes. The long term outlook makes up for anything you think you miss out on. Ps, if I really wanted an ice cream, I would have it: but now I prefer an apple or carrot, or slice of wholegrain bread with sugar free jam. I no longer use butter or olive oil spread, and it makes no difference to the taste. Best of luck to you.

Kathryn

Kathrynasked

Do you have recipes for one serve?

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for your question!

The Total Wellbeing Diet menu plans are designed to serve 1 person by default. This includes a range of meals that are single servings, and recipes that serve more than 1 (with leftovers used later in the week). If you're cooking for more than one person, you can adjust your shopping list to provide ingredients for the number of people that you are preparing meals for.

Kate B

Kate Basked

Are you able to eat out while following the diet?

Total Wellbeing Diet O.CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Hi Kate B! You most certainly can eat out while following the diet. We recommend continuing to follow the principles of the diet if you choose to eat out. You can use the online food & exercise diary to track the foods you have out and ensure you're meeting the food unit targets.

Our program does provide set meal plans that you can follow; however we also provide information on how you can adjust your own diet to fit into the Total Wellbeing Diet principles. This can help you to make healthier food decisions where you are not preparing meals for yourself. The diet program also allows one 'indulgence' a day. This may be a glass of wine or some chocolate. If you wish, you can choose to save your 7 indulgences for the week and eat out care-free.

For more information on the Food Groups and indulgences, click here: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/the-diet/food-groups-and-indulgences/

To get a feel for the site and what you will be offered on the program, sign up to our free 3 Day Taster program! You will receive a series of emails over 3 days including a sample menu plan, exercise plan and content from the program. If you are interested in this, please click on the link below:

Mighelli40

I just tried to get the 3 day taster & I got a message - this page isnt working. I am keen but this puts a dampener on the programme & what it offers

Possum

Possumasked

How do you avoid being charged after your 1 weeks are up? There seems to be a lot of angst around this issue. I would be happy to pay once and not have you access my card . i am about to retire I don’t want to worry about companies helping themselves to my money . It should be easy to pay once only. Thanks Elaine

Hi Possum/Elaine,
Thanks for your question.
Our memberships do renew onto a $19.95 per month Loyalty plan following the initial membership period. Members can freeze or cancel their membership at any time by going to > Settings > My Account > Freeze or cancel your membership.

David7321

David7321asked

I am interested in the diet I have the wellbeing diet books 1 and 2 ,is this diet the same, or is it the low fat diet? which i do not want, with the books it says men should lose weight on 7000 or 8000 , but when i do my calculations from the book 1 i need more food than that , iam M H193 W123k A65
or do i get a more or better help with joining on line , and if so can 2 of us do it on the one membership My wife is a diabetic type2
Any info would be great help?

Jarv
Jarv

It’s basically the same diet but the protein is being spread across the meals a bit more. I’m a male and the program I was put on was 6000kj so 7000-8000kj is probably correct.
Only one person can do it per membership if you are wanting to use separate apps or trackers as it won’t work properly if multiple people try to use the same account.

Hi David, whist the program does focus on low fat options, I found the high protein low GI worked well for myself. There is the option of discussing your concerns with qualified nutritionist through the program to offer assistance, on any concerns you may have. There is also the online facebook support group with a lot of guys going through the plan who would be more than willing to offer you moral support throughout the program. Once you join the program and put in your details, this will calculate the required menu plan for you, you can have extras along the way from the indulgence list and there are many snack options as well. Jarv is correct in saying only one membership per person and your wife would require a different plan. I would join and give it a go, what have you got to lose? We will be there along the way for support & you can email the CSIRO support team at any time with any questions/concerns you may have. I hope my answer has helped somewhat. Good luck on your journey.

Hi David7321,
Thanks for reaching out to the Total Wellbeing Diet team!

The Total Wellbeing Diet online is based on the 2 books that you currently have, however the online program also offers a new Protein Balance menu plan that is only available online. This high protein, low GI diet plan has been developed following the latest research on the beneficial effects of protein distribution on weight loss. Eating more protein, especially at breakfast, has been shown to reduce appetite and cravings. For more information on the higher protein, lower GI diet click here: https://www.totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/the-diet/higher-protein-and-protein-balance/

As part of the online program you will receive menu plans (one per week), recipes, exercise plans and an online food & exercise diary to assist in calculating your Food Group Units. When you register you will need to complete our program setup, that will help allow us to provide you with a program appropriate to your requirements.

If you’re looking for a higher level of support, we would recommend our Premium program that includes 2 sessions with our Dietitians to help coach you toward reaching your goals: https://totalwellbeingdiet.com/au/12-week-program/premium-membership/

Our memberships are designed for 1 person, however we do have a Buddy membership available for 2 at a discounted rate, for more information on this offer, please contact our team: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We do also have a program suitable for those with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes, this includes a different menu plan and weekly program information that is suitable for those with Type 2 diabetes.

If you haven’t already, check out our 3 day Taster to get a feel for what is offered on the program. You will receive a series of emails over 3 days including a sample menu plan, exercise plan and content from the program. If you are interested in this, please click on the link below:

We look forward to welcoming you to the program soon!

Caroline B

Caroline Basked

I am adult enough to realise that I have psychological issues around food. I love it - I love the social factors of it, preparing it, eating it. How does this program address this element of the weight-loss process?
I am a “Foodie”/“Craver” and am so scared of another attempt to lose weight, without addressing the psychology behind my relationship with food.

Coeliac Wendy

Coeliac Wendyasked

Hi. I am overweight and a coeliac. I purchased the first csiro diet book many years ago, saw the recipes and decided it was all too hard. Now that I understand dietsry restrictions against my naivety years ago, how is this diet program and book any different to if I chose to go it alone with the first edition book?

Marcelo
Marcelo

Hi Wendy, we didn't buy the book, instead joined the program on line. As far as I'm concerned, the benefit is that they provide a weekly menu and shopping list.
Every day of every week the meals are different (variety is good) so they do the figuring out of calories, etc for me. Hope it helps
Good luck

Lyntay
Lyntay

Hi I have 2 CSIRO Books from years ago and yes I used some of the recipes but didn’t really stick to it. The diet program has each day set out for you with optional changes. You can also track you food and exercise with the Tracker online. The high protein, low GI is the program I used. I found the online program makes you more accountable and if you do you weigh in and a photo each week for the 12 weeks and lost weight you can apply for a refund at the end of the 12 weeks. Which I received. Because of a medical condition I lose weight slowly and I lost 5 kg. I am on my second 12 weeks now and still losing slowly. The program also comes with an exercise program. I didn’t use this as I go to exercise classes, but they did look good. There is a forum that you can ask questions or get other ideas from other participants. I believe it is a diet I can stick to for the rest of my life. I thought I was eating well before but this change is much more filling and nutritious than what I used to eat. I hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet representatives