CUA Car Loans

CUA Car Loans

CUA - Brisbane Branch 261 Queen Street - Excellent Customer Service

I recently, along with my son, had our first encounter with applying for a Secured Car Loan. We were advised to check out CUA for their very comparable rate and conditions (no Establishment Fees, No Monthly Account Fees.
Like most people these days, being time poor, we decided to this application on-line (Call Centre) and found this to be quite frustrating as the process was very delayed. As time was of the essence and the process just to get it approved was drawn out far longer than was promised, we headed into the CUA Brisbane Branch to escalate the process.
My son and I could not have been any more happier with the courtesy shown and service offered to us by Nicky Parker, Dom Deschampl and Stephen Woodall at the 261 Queen Street Branch. They were able to escalate the funding being released and had a cheque ready for us to pay for my son's first car within four hours of us entering their office.
Highly recommend that anyone considering applying for a loan, that this be their first place to apply.
Thank you again guys!!!

Love CUA

I agree with some of the comments here in that the online CUA service is totally different to the in-branch service when it comes to car loans or any loan for that matter. If you have 60 minutes and bring the correct documentation (4 printed recent payslips), licence details, savings details/ superannuation details and if you already have an account with CUA then you wont be disapointed in receiving a fast service and you should get the OK and paperwork lodged and all done within an hour. You should be picking up your new or secondhand car by the next day. My advice is leave the online/call centre alone as its very slow and the waiting time for responses is very slow - deal directly with the local CUA branch. Make an appointment, and go in and see them at the local branch.

Incorrect information given, extremely slow to process application

I applied for the loan because their rates and terms and conditions seems decent.
Application process was easy. At the end of it I was told there was a 1-5 day processing time, which suited me fine.

I called the day after to update some details and the 1-5 day processing time was advised to me by the CUA team member.

After 5 business days I hadn't heard anything so I called them up. The person on the phone told me that they were currently processing applications that had an initial application date of 2 weeks prior! So mine was at least another 2 weeks before even being looked at and verified! My application was put in an escalation queue and extra details were taken. I was told I would hear back in 2 business days. I heard nothing so I applied with another company and received positive information from them within 24 hours.

It's now been 9 business days since I submitted my application and I've heard nothing back.

Purchased two cars

We purchased two cars recently with CUA bank loans. The process took a few days for each of the loans to be approved - going back and forth with documents required etc. Very easy to deal with and had no issues whatsoever with the loans. Great rates so we are saving quite a bit as we go along. We do all our banking online and never really need to go through the call centre. Very happy with CUA.
efficient process, good customer service, branch near our home, good car loan rates

very fast friendly efficient staff and no ongoing fees. I am in control of my loan repayments. lots of extras as well including an operating account with a visa debit card and 15 free withdrawals per month.
easy to apply in the branch, didn't need to fill in an application form.applied that morning, approved, loan issued by close of business. very friendly helpful staff. will deal with them again.
dont use the call centre.