CUA (Credit Union Australia)

CUA (Credit Union Australia)

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (35) · Variable Rate (24) · Line of Credit (4) · Split (3)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • Refinancing (19)
    • First Home (10)
    • Second Home (5)
    • Investment Property (5)
    • Renovation (2)
    • Home Construction (1)
  • Loan Term14.667 years (30)
  • Online Tools

Great Bank

Great BankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience

My overall experience with CUA exceeded my expectations. Kiri made the process as simple as possible and was very helpful. I’m satisfied with the rates they offer and everyone I’ve dealt with whist being a member. Would definitely recommend CUA in future.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020

Grateful

Cua Garden City.
I received great customer service:
Kiri was more than willing to answer any questions I had as well as give me reassurance on different topics regarding getting and having a loan.
She is very helpful and I would definitely recommend her.

Petet

PetetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

changed banks after 40 years

banked with cua for 40 years and the last 5 have been dogged by terrible service. No branches and a phone service that take 1 hour on hold. Mistakes made constantly with the same response, " we will have to check with the back office in Brisbane". No one gets back to u.

Hi Pete,
We are disappointed to hear that our service has not met your expectations in the last five years. So we can better understand your experience and collate your feedback, we will private message you regarding this.

Anon

AnonQueensland

Backward Bank

Rather take my chances with the big four banks than deal with this incompetent, unreliable bank.No care for customer privacy.Systems from dark ages and in full view of other customers. Consultants speak loudly about your private details where everyone can hear.

Hi,
We wish to apologise for the experience you have had. We want you to know that we take concerns regarding our member's privacy very seriously and would like to investigate this for you. We will private message you.

Efficient and professional

Kiri was very efficient and knowledgeable and helped our loan application process in a timely manner. This was not our first loan experience with CUA but it was certainly the smoothest to date.

Hi Bec,
Thanks for the feedback! We are glad to hear that Kiri was able to assist you to make the experience as smooth as possible, and appreciate your words.

Jen Le

Jen was great to deal with and the process was easy. We Will use Jen again in the future for sure. I’ve been with CUA for about 10 years now and will continue into the future

Hi Dylan,
Thank you for your review and congratulations on 10 years! We are happy to hear this feedback for Jen and appreciate the kind words.

Home Loan NIGHTMARE!

Almost a month on and it's still not finalised! People don't call back. Takes 3-4 business days to get any response. Escalation...yeah right...Been with CUA for over 30 years. This is the WORST banking experience EVER. Go elsewhere!!

Loan used for:Refinancing

Hi Candice,
We are very disappointed to hear this and would like to investigate this for you. We will private message you regarding this.

Abhishek

AbhishekGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Savings to Credit Card transfers take 2 business days!!!

When transferring money from my CUA savings account to my CUA credit card account, it takes 2 business days for the transaction to complete.

If the transfer was between two different banks then it is understood, but this is within the same institution. Why such a long wait?? This makes the experience awful.

Signed up with CUA because of the home loan which has been seamless but the transfers are a pain!! Please fix this CUA.

Natalie M

Natalie MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Personal loan with Jennifer Le - Browns Plains

I would highly recommend CUA especially Jennifer Le at the Browns Plains Branch. The application process was very straight forward and Jennifer made the process very easy and very smooth. I lead a very busy lifestyle and it was excellent that most of the application could be done over email and at my own pace. The process from start to finish was very quick and painless! I would highly recommend any person to borrow with CUA.

BrettPerth, WA

Exceptional customer service

I recently liaised with Michael Kordish from CUA to access funds for a home renovation. The application process was time consuming and tedious but Michael could not have been more helpful and professional - he was a huge help and I am very grateful for his patience and help to secure my funds!

Loan used for:Renovation
Brett

Please note - the issue of timeline is related to the banking process, not Michael's customer service.

Hi Brett,
We are happy to hear that Michael was able to assist you to access funds for a home loan renovation. We appreciate your patience and feedback.

Don R

Don RWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Withdrawal limits unreasonable

You can deposit large amounts but they set limits for withdrawal even when you are transferring to another bank. Not simple to close account. There are now better saving interest rates available elsewhere.

CUA have given me a very fair response. I would now rate them higher. Good customer relations experienced.

Jo. P

Jo. PSydney, NSW

CUA home loan with Michael Kordish

We had the pleasure of working with Michael in the NSW Randwick branch to obtain a CUA home loan. He was great at explaining the process, had attention to detail and worked with us throughout the whole process. He even went that extra mile and visited me at my work place to go over some forms. He has great customer service and delivers on his promise. Thank you Michael and CUA

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used for:Second Home

Hi Jo,
Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear this feedback for Michael and are glad we could assist you with obtaining a home loan.

Secured Car Fixed Loan

I went to CUA with the hopes of attaining a secured fixed car loan. I had the most amazing experience, the process was simple and was approved within the day. Jennifer from the Browns Plains branch is lovely and super easy to deal with, she made the whole process painless; explained all the fees involved and answered all my questions. I could not recommend her enough.

Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Transferring to CUA

Vinnie from the Capalaba CUA Brannch was our Home Loan Expert. He was exactly that, his expertise was 2nd to none. Feeling so much better now with CUA than getting lost/ forgotten with the Big 4. Many thanks for your Gr8 work.

Loan used for:Refinancing

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your review, this is brilliant to hear. We wish you all the best for the future.
Regards, CUA

Proud to be apart of this bank

Customer service at the blacktown branch were amazing.
Priyanka the loan specialist helped me out applying for a loan. She was very down-to-earth, approachable and detail orientated. Very satisfied with blacktownCUA

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used for:First Home
CUA C.CUA

A tricky task made easy... thanks Priyanka

We are currently living abroad and wanted to purchase a property back at home. Priyanka made this so painless and we were not the most straight forward clients! Delighted with the result and we don't have any battle wounds as we have dealing with some banks....

Loan used for:Investment Property

Hi Carmel,
It is great to hear that Priyanka was able to help make the experience of purchasing a property back home pain free. Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it!

R and E

R and ESydney, NSW

Outstanding Service

My husband and I are very happy with Priyanka, Home Loan Specialist of CUA Blacktown. She efficiently processed our home loan application. We are thankful for her outstanding service. Highly recommended.

BW36

BW36

Outstanding customer service

I’ve been with CUA for over 20 years, I’ve had a number if home loans, car loan, credit card and saving accounts. The customer service is exceptional both face to face at Campbelltown NSW, and call centre. We are very grateful for the amazing service we receive. Thank you CUA. I highly recommend CUA to anyone who likes personalised service.

CUA C.CUA

Lies , lies and more lies

Loan Start DateJanuary 2015
Loan used for:Investment Property

Hi Dave,
We are disappointed to hear of the experience you have had and wish to better understand what went wrong so we can use this to improve our member experience in the future. We will private message you regarding this.

Louivuitton

LouivuittonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellence in customer service

We were in need of a new car and so went to speak with CUA about a personal loan. On speaking with Kiri at Mt Gravatt, she was an absolute pleasure to deal with and made the process seamless and easy for us. All done in a couple of weeks and we are driving our new car. This example of customer service is why we have stayed with CUA all these years.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that Kiri was able to assist you with your loan application and hope you are enjoying driving the new car!