CUA (Credit Union Australia)

CUA (Credit Union Australia)

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (40) · Variable Rate (27) · Split (4) · Line of Credit (4)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
    • Refinancing (22)
    • First Home (11)
    • Second Home (5)
    • Investment Property (5)
    • Renovation (2)
    • Home Construction (1)
  • Loan Term14.294 years (34)
  • Online Tools
Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Fantastic Service

I have been a member with the CUA for almost 20 years and was looking to consolidate my loans and visited the Blacktown Branch in NSW.
I was greeted by a lovely lady named Christine Uttley. She was very professional , helpful, friendly and patient and explained everything ( As i have never consolidated before). I cannot fault the service i was given and the rate was competitive and fair.
Thank you Chris for all your efforts. It is much appreciated.
I would recommend CUA to anyone :)

Loan Start DateMarch 2020

Mary M.Sydney, NSW

Do not deal with Burwood branch

Sam

Sam

Very Bad customer service

I have been banking with CUA for more than 3 years. They took more than 6 months to process our home loan application and they never gave any updates while processing the loan. When we call, they will keep transferring your phone call and never give the answer. Whether it’s a branch or call centre, staff are not friendly most of the time. They charged us a fee without our authority as they had forgotten to charge The fee few months ago when they were setting up the loan. Can’t wait to refinance our loan.

Find out how CUA (Credit Union Australia) compares to other Home Loans

Cant wait to leave CUA - So unsupportive during Corona!

Called to change home loan rates as the other banks are slashing their's to help people doing it tough with the current COVID-19. My circumstances have dramatically changed and I have to pay over $4000 to change to variable.. Fantastic support CUA, I definitely will be transferring my loan over asap and will pay the extra $95 to exit along with the $200 apparently from the government
- Thank you, come again!

NeilSydney, NSW

Incompetent

I paid the CUA $20 each time I did electronic transfer of money as I was purchasing a new apartment. Firstly the deposit then the actual amount and then to have the removalist move me, each time I had fight with the idiots who run the show to get the transfer done. They seemed to have problems doing it each time. Avoid this mob at all cost. Caveat Emptor

Manny

Manny

Sorry CUA, your online site is pathetic. Normal banking facilities are fine.

Try to login, fails, repeat, fails, repeat repeat repeat..-now an expert at typing- finally get it in... try to complete transaction - drops out..! go back to start.. Try to login in, fails, etc
FYI: If it does not work during peaks times, (6pm-11pm) it doesn't work, period. Anyone can build a system that only works fine at 3 am on Tuesday! Also, always takes ages to get through on the phones and they at 8pm - peak time... .. but I have to conceded, staff are always nice...
anyone else?

Hi Manny,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues trying to login to your online banking and when trying to make transactions. We would like to investigate this for you and will send you a private message.

Rosey Dee

Rosey DeePerth, WA

Good service with no fuss

I have waited a couple of months before posting my review but so far it has been nothing but good service. The loan application was excellent and quick, and fees are minimal.
Compared with the bank i have my mortgage with who were very slow and insisted I also take a credit card in order to get a loan!

Banking app is simple but effective.
Well done CUA.

Hi Rosey,
We are glad to hear we have made a good first impression, and we hope to continue this into the future. Thanks for your kind words.

Aaron

AaronSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great service from CUA

Very happy with the home loan service we were provided by Michael at the CUA Randwick Branch. Michael and all the people we interacted with at CUA were excellent, explaining the loan set up and property settlement process and the follow up after was all much appreciated.

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for your review! We will pass on your thanks to Michael and the team at Randwick and look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Helpful, Pleasant experience

I have banked with CUA Gladstone for around 15 years. The staff have always been pleasant and kind.
Samantha makes every experience easy and understands my needs. Most recently consolidated debts it was my first time doing so and she made it really straight forward and did most of the work for me. Great Service. I also have personal loans and health care and to date haven't had any issues.

Hi,
Congratulations on 15 years! We are always delighted to hear about positive experiences and will thank Samantha and the team at Gladstone on your behalf for that. Thanks for your review.

JBR

JBRSydney, NSW

Patient, efficient and professional experience.

Claudia from the Randwick branch was extremely helpful with the processes involved in refinancing my car loan. Courteous, professional and patient throughout the experience which made for a stress free and smooth process.

CUA C.CUA

Hello and thank you for your review!
We are happy to hear Claudia was able to assist you with refinancing your home loan and look forward to helping you again in the future.

Angry. Man

Angry. ManGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rude rude and rude and an attitude

I have had home loan for 10 years unfortunately my dog passed away just after Xmas she was 10 years old as a result for being depressed I also got sacked same week I have been unemployed since and my mortgage is behind got a phone call from head office rudest and most unsympathetic lady saying pretty much pack ya bags sherrifs coming to change locks or sell up and rent hope she gets sacked and ends up in same situation in the real world worst attitude ever

Loan Start DateAugust 2010
Loan used forFirst Home

Invitation to call

Loan TypeSplit
Georgia

GeorgiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a positive experience.

Al Clarkie

Al ClarkieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service!

We applied to CUA after having an unpleasant experience with dealer finance. Luigi was extremely understanding of the situation and got our approval through quickly and we are saving a considerable amount of money with this loan. Couldnt be happier with the service and we are now considering moving our other accounts to CUA. Highly recommend CUA.

Hi Al,
Thanks for your recommendation! We are delighted to hear of your experience with Luigi and will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Todd

ToddSydney, NSW

Great product

I would like to say that I have dealt with Michael Kordish three times in the past couple of years and found Michael to be very good at his job he is easy to deal with and explains the easy way to get things done. After we started Michael rang to say he would try and get us a better rate which he did we are very grateful for all the help from Michael and would definitely recommend CUA in the future

Great Bank

Great BankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience

My overall experience with CUA exceeded my expectations. Kiri made the process as simple as possible and was very helpful. I’m satisfied with the rates they offer and everyone I’ve dealt with whist being a member. Would definitely recommend CUA in future.

Grateful

Cua Garden City.
I received great customer service:
Kiri was more than willing to answer any questions I had as well as give me reassurance on different topics regarding getting and having a loan.
She is very helpful and I would definitely recommend her.

Petet

PetetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

changed banks after 40 years

banked with cua for 40 years and the last 5 have been dogged by terrible service. No branches and a phone service that take 1 hour on hold. Mistakes made constantly with the same response, " we will have to check with the back office in Brisbane". No one gets back to u.

Hi Pete,
We are disappointed to hear that our service has not met your expectations in the last five years. So we can better understand your experience and collate your feedback, we will private message you regarding this.
Thanks, CUA

Anon

AnonQueensland

Backward Bank

Rather take my chances with the big four banks than deal with this incompetent, unreliable bank.No care for customer privacy.Systems from dark ages and in full view of other customers. Consultants speak loudly about your private details where everyone can hear.

Hi,
We wish to apologise for the experience you have had. We want you to know that we take concerns regarding our member's privacy very seriously and would like to investigate this for you. We will private message you.

Efficient and professional

Kiri was very efficient and knowledgeable and helped our loan application process in a timely manner. This was not our first loan experience with CUA but it was certainly the smoothest to date.

Hi Bec,
Thanks for the feedback! We are glad to hear that Kiri was able to assist you to make the experience as smooth as possible, and appreciate your words.