2Cuisinart Combo Steam & Convection Oven CSO300NXA

VerifiedMPN:733835
2Cuisinart Combo Steam & Convection Oven CSO300NXA
kate b.
kate b.

Can you put this under a benchtop in a microwave hole? Do the sides get hot?

Please contact Conair Customer service - aus_info@conair.com

stan2017

I don't think it's a good idea. The left hand side has vents and so does the back, so don't block them. Depending on what you are cooking, the max internal temperature the oven can be as high as 250 degrees and you may also have smoke coming out from the back.

Cuisinart   DM

Please contact Conair Customer service - aus_info@conair.com for correct advise - you cannot use this appliance in a cupboard or Microwave cavity.

chris

watching youtube video it shows a broil setting in the cuisinart steam combo oven. Is that just in the American oven version? My oven was bought in Australia and doesn't have a broil setting . I am new to steam oven cooking and wondered which setting I should use for broiling. thanks

stan2017

I don't think there is something missing, it's just that we don't use the term "broil" in Australia. Probably "grill" is the equivalent.

chris

ok thank you, that's what I wanted to know

chris

am setting up cuisinart steamer combo but dial wont move past steam bake. cant get other options

stan2017

Unplug the unit from mains and plug it back in again. The display should come up with "time", and then you should be able to see the various cooking modes as you turn the dial clockwise until it eventually returns to "time", mode 1, mode 2 .... "time" etc. I suspect you either have a faulty unit or you accidentally pressed the dial in and it is adjusting temperature or cooking time for the particular cooking mode.

Mark H.
Mark H.

We love this oven!
Just want to know, Are spare elements available for the oven? We’ve lost one top and one bottom element so far.

Beez
Beez

Steam is only coming out of side and back vents. Steam clean and regular steam cooking function produces no steam in oven. Did a vinegar decalcification and it all leaked in a large puddle onto bench top from bottom of appliance. Only had it a few weeks. Checked all the seals and knobs etc, all seems ok. Any ideas please thank you?

Cuisinart   DM

Please kindly contact the customer service team at Cuisinart via email. aus_cuisinart@conair.com

Alex C.
Alex C.

When I use the steam function, there is steam coming out from the vent on the side but not into the oven which remains cool. What can I do ?

Please kindly contact Cuisinart Customer service. aus_cuisinart@conair.com

Bernadette
Bernadette

How long does a leftover bowl of soup take to reheat?

Xylophonens
Xylophonens

Does anyone have the pizza stone still that went with this oven as mine broke. I live in the eastern suburb of sydney

DRose
DRose

Is it easy to clean? I have a Breville bench top oven with hard to clean surfaces & am fed up with it looking grotty.

Triki

It’s like most ovens to clean it’s easy as in it’s small but the exposed top element makes it hard to properly clean the roof of oven.
Having steam capability you need to wipe down inside and empty drip tray after each steam use then set 15-30min dry heat with door open to make sure oven is “dried out “
I also found I needed to wipe under the oven above drip tray after every steam use as it can get quite grotty where you don’t normally look.

Lee

Hi, can you steam sou vide in this oven?

Yes you can.

Thanks very much

Jesline Tan
Jesline Tan

After using the steam function, my oven door get water dropless and will not dry up even when i open it overnight.

Cuisinart   DM

This oven features a double glass door for heat insulation. Water condensation inside the oven and between the glass panels is normal once used on the relevant steam, super steam , bake steam steam grill.
This is normal operation for a steam oven.
Condensation will dissipate over time but to accelerate the process it is recommended to:

1. Open the door ajar to the first position and allow to air dry.
2. Select convection Bake setting on 230° for approx 5 mins with the door ajar.

This information can be found on the inside of the oven when purchased from new.

Triki

I had always wipe down inside the oven and glass door after using any steam function. I also would leave door ajar and run convection bake @ 230°C for 20-30mins just to ensure everything dries out.
Don’t forget to remove drip tray and wipe dry under the oven above drip tray as condensation may cause rust.

gcdollar

Hi, is it fast heat up and cooking, like an air fryer? how long does it usually take to heat up to 200c? Thanks.

heth

It was not too bad. But not like an air fryer.

gcdollar

if i use my oven in the kitchen it can take up to 30min to warm up and reach 200C. do u think it'll be less, like taking 15min?

Triki

It heats up very quickly because of its small size. Air fryer is different as Cuisinart doesn’t have a fan to circulate the heat

gcdollar

Oh thanks. I didn't know it doesn't have a fan. Would you recommend Cuisinart over an air fryer? Thanks.

Dendenten
Dendenten

Please advise the power supply required...a conventional 13Amp 230 V Australian power outlet?

Cuisinart products run on 230-240v power

is it good for cake baking

Triki

It is but you are limited in size. Standard 12 muffin tin won’t fit in a standard springform tin will but you have to be careful with rise as it’s not very tall. You can just fit a breadloaf tin in but don’t expect any room for rising - unless you want it stuck to top element.

is it good for cake baking

Cuisinart   DM

Thank you for your enquiry The CSO300NXA is VERSATILE COOKING WITH 9 FUNCTIONS - Convection Bake, Bake Steam, Super steam, Steam only, Grill, Steam Grill, Bread, Warm and Toast.
For further information please contact: external link

Hi guys,
I wish there was a fuller recipe book available for this oven but I have on-line recipe indexes like steamandbake.com really useful. Can I make yoghurt in the oven? It doesn't mention how I would do this in the manual.

Triki

You are on the right track with steam and bake.
I don’t eat or make yoghurt but I’m sure if you set it on low temp steam like Sous vide you can make it.

heth

I need the service manual showing all the parts inside this oven. Got one okay for my camera from Panasonic. Why is this not available from Cuisinart?

PJT

Only a licensed electrician should attempt to service the oven. it's not worth the risk.

Corina S.
Corina S.

Do you place the food on the grilling rack without putting in the baking plan or it has to be placed in the baking pan before putting in the oven?

J W.

Use a pan unless you are making toast. My pan developed a leak so I had to order a new one.

PJT

I grill my steak on the rack inside the tray. It cooks it perfectly but you need to keep an eye on it or you can easily over - cook it.

Vaso E.

What’s this oven’s capacity in litres? Can’t seem to find that info anywhere.

J W.

Rough inside oven measurements are: 30 cm deep x 30 cm wide. Height is 18 cm inside the oven, so 16.2 L is the actual capacity, but since it is only 15 cm between upper & lower elements, that is reduced to 13.5 L, & since you must put things on a rack, the useful space is 11.7 L, because there is 13 cm between the rack (when in low position) & the upper element.

Cris
Cris

Can it be used as a substitute of a microwave to reheat left overs? I.e What would be the Best function to use.
Could you please say how many W/volts thanks

J W.

It can reheat food but slower & better (not drying out meat) than a microwave.

jse76200
jse76200

I do not have this particular steam convection oven. but a professional one from Unox. A steam combi oven is by far the best kitchen appliance I have ever bought. A combi is super versatile and can be used for anything from controlled low temp cooking (sous vide) to pizzas and broiling. As for reheating, catering businesses and banqueting use combis to regenerate (reheat) large amount of portions to get the food out in a reasonable amount of time with reasonable quality.

Get an answer from our members and Cuisinart representatives