Cuisinart PSC-400 / PSC-650

Cuisinart PSC-400 / PSC-650

PSC-650A, PSC-400A, PSC-650, PSC-400

See the Best Slow Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dee

DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t buy!

I have now cooked about 5 times with this slow cooker. After yet another night of wasted effort i am going to cut my losses and throw it away. Even after10 hours a regular sized lamb leg remains barely cooked and tough. Another night of giving up and last minute dash to mcdonalds instead! So much wasted effort and food. I thought i had read recipe wrong or some other error but no it is the appliance! Dont waste your money!

Purchased in May 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store.

Naomi B.

Naomi B.

Amazing!

Absolutely love it! I’m so glad I got the 6.5l as it fits a leg of lamb well. By far the best slow cooker I’ve owned. Easy to use and everything I’ve cooked so far has come out perfect.

Purchased in March 2019.

Scuse

ScuseSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good until it suddenly died

I have a few Cuisinart products and I really like them. This slow cooker was great until it died, unexpectedly. Of course, its out of warranty and I know what Sydney Cuisinart will tell me- throw it out! What an absolute waste going into landfill- its criminal. I will probably buy another as I like the program feature.

Purchased in November 2014 for $189.00.

zknight

zknightSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ceramic bowl contains lead

Date PurchasedNov 2017

cgibletPerth

Excellent and reliable option.

I really like this, bought it for my husband and it does everything I want it to. Hubby was cooking an managed to put the dish with lid into the oven destroying the lid as the handle is not meant to go into the oven. His fault, not theirs. I went to replace the lid (prepared to buy one) and the company sent one free. Amazing customer service and very happy.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Right Choice

Right ChoiceAU

Use it tons

Both my wife and I work so we have to prepare our food in advance. Love the product. Never failed us and it is so easy to use. Should it ever fail us we would gladly purchase a similar model from Cuisinart. Noticed its not marked as five stars but to be honest I cannot fault it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Rory

RoryBrisbane

It is reliable and has easy programming features that make all the difference

Date PurchasedJun 2014

jacko4

jacko4

Love it

The only thing I don't like about slow cooker is that it's hard to tell if you turned it on. Use it a couple of times a week and love it! Love the oval shape - means you can fit a leg of lamb in it. We adapt all sorts or recipes to use in it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mel N

Mel N

Amazing - my life is so much easier with it

Easy to use and the long 24 hour setting helps make perfect bone broth stock.
Timer is easy to work and it has options of simmer to low heat just to keep things warm until meal time. Good size for a small couple. Have had for 2 years and still going strong

Date PurchasedJun 2015

No Australian repairer

Awesome machine but slowly dying. Like many other previous reviews, my display has died but I know the time goes up in 30min increments so I just count the beeps to set the cooking time. I'm waiting for the whole unit to give up the ghost. Not sure who made this model but the quality is not consistent with the multiple Cusinart appliances I have in my kitchen. I called customer service in Sydney and was told there are no authorised repairers in Australia. If it's in warranty they replace it. Out of warranty, throw it away!
Apart from the loose fitting lid and faulty display, I cannot fault the appliance.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Sam

SamMelbourne

Died, not once but twice

This was a great slow cooker until the display started to fade and then eventually died - the power would come on but as soon as you pressed any other button it would turn itself off. This happened not once but twice - my first unit was under warranty and they replaced it without any questions. The second time it was out of warranty - my husband is good with electronics so he pulled it apart but the display is so poorly made that he couldn't fix it. Such as shame as I think this one is better looking than others on the market, but for the price it needs to last longer than two years.

The quality of the manufacturing of the display is obviously a problem and one that Cuisinart has not addressed.

Great until it died !!

Great slow cooker when it goes but unfortunately mine suffered the same timer issue that seems to be a unwanted feature for this brand. It died and I could not find a repair centre that could fix what should have been a simple electronic issue. Cuisinart NZ website advice was to send it to Cuisinart Akl for assessment or buy a new one. I did neither and took a third option which was to buy a Breville.

Slow cooker.

Slow cooker (they got that right) returned it because 14 hours of cooking is just to long. My second unit the same deal. This one will be going back as well. Both units were set on high with meat not fully cooked. I rung cuisines in Auckland to see if they could give me advise on my second psc-650a. All they could say is take it back. Slackers

Excellent - until it died

I make bone broth weekly and this unit worked beautifully until suddenly the timer just didn't work anymore. That would would have been OK as I don't need the timer, but the unit does not work unless the timer is set. I've gone back to cooking on the stove top as I don't know what to buy.

Connie S

Connie S

It died - I'm sad

Loved it but after approx 2 years the display started to go and this morning (about 3 months after display started to go) the whole unit failed. Seems to be a common problem. Don't know what else to buy though as when it works it is great.

It was great...

I've had the the Cuisinart Slow Cooker for just under two years. Bought it as we were told you could also use the pan on the stove. Well that was false to start with. Was working great up to a year, used it for everything: curry, brisket, lamb shanks, pulled pork.

Then a few months ago the display started to fade, as i've just read from many other reviews. Just yesterday it decided to give in completely.

Read the Contact us form 'If out of warranty buy a new one.' AWESOME!

I will be buying a new one, but definitely not Cuisinart. Sunbeam and Breville have service centres so I will be sticking to those brands!!!!!!!!

NOT happy. Display function not working

I bought a Cuisinart slow cooker 2 years ago because of it's programmable function. Now the display is no longer working. It was an expensive purchase at the time -I was prepared to pay because I use a slow cooker frequently. It is now out of warranty. I Am NOT happy But it is the best slow cooker on the market.

Very Poor After Sales Service

Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

Awesome, easy to use

I cooked my first slow cooker meal every with this machine and it turned out perfectly. I did read the instructions being a newbie to slow cooker meal making, was easy to understand, machine easy to use and the dish came out perfect. The timer is easy to use and when finished it keeps the food warm and doesn't dry out. It also has a small footprint and fits easier on my small bench top or in the cupboard and looks amazing.
Timer, ability to control the cook and keep warm when finished.
Haven't found any issues yet.

To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Lin M

Lin Masked

Please excuse the dumb question but can I delay the start time with this slow cooker?

cgiblet

That's not a feature I use so not sure. Beat to contact their customer service to check. The are super helpful.

HealthConsciousMum

HealthConsciousMumasked

Could any one who has the Cuisinart PSC-650A Slow Cooker please tell me if their glazed pot has any pin head sized bubble holes in the glaze? Mine does have quite a few, both inside and out (it came like that) and I'm wondering if this is normal or something that will effect the safety or longevity of my glazed pot? Also, has anyone done any research to find out if these glazed ceramic pots are lead and cadmium free? Thank you.

Sootyketel
Sootyketel

Mine has a few minor imperfections which don't appear to affect its functioning in any way.

Harris

Harrisasked

When I turn on the unit, an E1 message comes up in the LCD screen. There is nothing in the instructions to explain what this means and the unit cannot be turned off or programmed. Any ideas?

Gavin17
Gavin17

1. Return your unit to your supplier asap and see what they will do for you.
2. Call Cuisinart directly asap and discuss return/repair under warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Cuisinart representatives