Cuisinart PSC-400A

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

Thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

cgibletPerth

Excellent and reliable option.

I really like this, bought it for my husband and it does everything I want it to. Hubby was cooking an managed to put the dish with lid into the oven destroying the lid as the handle is not meant to go into the oven. His fault, not theirs. I went to replace the lid (prepared to buy one) and the company sent one free. Amazing customer service and very happy.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
    jacko4

jacko4

Love it

The only thing I don't like about slow cooker is that it's hard to tell if you turned it on. Use it a couple of times a week and love it! Love the oval shape - means you can fit a leg of lamb in it. We adapt all sorts or recipes to use in it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Mel N

Mel N

Amazing - my life is so much easier with it

Easy to use and the long 24 hour setting helps make perfect bone broth stock.
    Timer is easy to work and it has options of simmer to low heat just to keep things warm until meal time. Good size for a small couple. Have had for 2 years and still going strong

Date PurchasedJune 2015
    Slow Cookers

Find out how Cuisinart PSC-400A compares to other Slow Cookers

Sam

SamMelbourne

Died, not once but twice

This was a great slow cooker until the display started to fade and then eventually died - the power would come on but as soon as you pressed any other button it would turn itself off. This happened not once but twice - my first unit was under warranty and they replaced it without any questions. The second time it was out of warranty - my husband is good with electronics so he pulled it apart but the display is so poorly made that he couldn't fix it. Such as shame as I think this one is better looking than others on the market, but for the price it needs to last longer than two years.

The quality of the manufacturing of the display is obviously a problem and one that Cuisinart has not addressed.

Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

Awesome, easy to use

I cooked my first slow cooker meal every with this machine and it turned out perfectly. I did read the instructions being a newbie to slow cooker meal making, was easy to understand, machine easy to use and the dish came out perfect. The timer is easy to use and when finished it keeps the food warm and doesn't dry out. It also has a small footprint and fits easier on my small bench top or in the cupboard and looks amazing.
    Timer, ability to control the cook and keep warm when finished.
    Haven't found any issues yet.

See all Cuisinart PSC-400 / PSC-650 reviews