Cuisinart WMR-CAA

Cuisinart WMR-CAA

See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Christine

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great family favourite already

Waffles are very popular in our home! Whether they’re served with bacon and maple syrup, jam and cream, honey - or whether they become a savoury dish with cheese or chicken - they are easy to make, almost foolproof and completely delicious. This waffle iron heats rapidly, has a non-stick surface, and quickly produces one round waffle pre-cut into four pieces. Using a standard pancake recipe (or taking a short-cut with a pre-mixed pancake mix) results in delicious waffles that become beautifully crisp. Cleaning is quick and easy and it’s easy to store (if you ever get the chance to put it away, that is!). Surprisingly good value. Love using this waffle maker.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Online Store.

Kate

KateMelbourne, Vic

Love this waffle maker!

I bought this on sale about a year ago after reading all the positive reviews on Amazon and absolutely love it. It makes great waffles really quickly and I've loved putting other things in it, like brioche filled with nutella! The trick for perfect waffles is to only put the mixture right in the centre, don't try it and fill it up or go out to the sides, and just close the lid. It will do the rest. I've also found that Pancake Parlour pancake mix using 1 cup of milk instead of 1.5 cups makes the lightest, fluffiest, crispiest waffles in existence and my husband and daughter love our waffle Saturday. Spray very lightly with cooking oil and use it on setting 4.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Expensive is not necessarily better

Purchased this product after borrowing and road testing a friend's cheap, no name brand waffle maker (which cooked waffles perfectly) thinking it would cook just as well and last longer than an unknown brand. Well, was I disappointed! The waffles were unevenly cooked (one side darker than the other) and they also had a darker inner area. I used setting 2 (lowest is 1 and they range from 1-5) and they were pretty well cooked. I complained to place of purchase, who have sent it back to manufacturer who will "assess" it. Hopefully I can get my money back because it's not worth the money. I'm annoyed at myself for not buying the cheap one...