Cut Above Tools

Cut Above Tools

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

harmoACT, 2914

Seriously good products, and excellent sales and support.

sealy posturpedicasked

Can you give me a simple solution to tightening and undoing the extension bar Model 6001 L ?

Hi Sealy,

I'm just a customer who hasn't bought the 6001 L paver knife. As such, I don't know.

I'm guessing, but if you rotate the smaller extension part inside the larger handle, it should loosen up to extend, then simply extend and rotate the inside part the other way to lock into place.

If that fails, I'm sorry, but I can't help you. So you should probably contact CutAbove in that case.

Good luck!
Harmo.

sealy posturpedicasked

I find it difficult to open the extension bar. Can you give me some advice.

Hi Sealy,

Again, which extension bar are you talking about? CutAbove make a few. When asking questions, it makes sense to provide as much detail as you can up-front so others can actually help. The few minutes you save by omitting details greatly extends the time spent figuring out what you're asking. Please read the responses carefully and answer fully in future.

I only have one of their pruning poles, and that is the 5.5m "Heavy duty" model. I can't tell you how to operate the window washing models. I have no experience with those. So I'll give you the only information I have, but I don't know if it's relevant to you.

For my extending handle, the process is to work one extending section at a time by following the steps below:

1. To open it up, lift the longer orange locking level away from the pole until it is roughly perpendicular from the pole. I just open it up as far as it goes without forcing it.

2. Slide (AND HOLD) the small orange button in toward the top end of your extension pole, otherwise the section won't move. Do not let this button go.

3. While still holding the button in (from step 2) with one hand, pull the extension section out. Mine was also a little bit stiff the first time, and had to jiggle and/or twist it a bit to loosen it. This also happens when dirt/dust gets in between the sections, so don't drop the pole in the dirt.

4. Once you're nearing a desired length for that section, let the button go, and it will automatically click into one the holes, which are spaced evenly along each section.

5. Push the longer orange locking lever down against the pruning handle to secure it to that length.

Repeat for each section. Similarly, shortening the pole is basically doing all this in reverse.

Once you've moved each section a few times, it seems to get easier. If that doesn't help, I'm sorry but that's all I know. Please contact CutAbove if problems persist and they will be able to help you out. I have found them to be quite helpful.

Regards,
Harmo.

sealy posturpedicasked

not sure about locking the extension bar

Hi Sealy,

That is a statement, more than question. If you need answers, please be specific about which extension bar, because there are two in pruning tools as well as the window washing range. Also, what are you unsure about?

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Harmo