MPN: 35905211

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

utter garbage.DO NOT USE FOR FTTN if you want to keep your sanity

I've had many problems with my DSL-2877AL, from low FTTN sync speeds to the "factory reset" button not actually erasing any or all config, corrupts admin p/w.Woeful wifi signals.D-link firmware v1.00.20 (latest at time of writing) is also buggy. I implore you, Stay away from this piece of garbage. It should be 1/4 of its price for its 'performance'. Currently looking for a bridgeable replacement, then this is going on eBay for $50 or in the bin.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Affordable all-in-one device

The 2877AL is an entry level all-in-one networking device providing a modem, router, and 4 port switch in a single unit. The performance of ADSL and VDSL sync speeds experienced have been fairly average, so this modem may not be suitable for those who are a long distance away from their nearest telephone exchange or NBN node. It supports a range of WiFi standards including AC750, providing reasonable WiFi speeds and range. It is a basic unit, but provides a decent set of features at an affordable price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

It is ok

Upgraded from an iinet router and expected way better internet speeds. That hasn't happened. My internet still has below average speeds and occasionally drops out too. Having said that, it does the job, It is easy to use and looks decent. I am investigating other possible reasons for the slow internet speed but doesn't seem to be the line or the provider. So don't expect the world from this.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible device!

Don't use this router and modem unless you live in a studio. The signal gets easily distorted and it's got a limited range if you're using wireless. Using it in a studio apartment could be an issue if you have so many electronics around it and you're using wireless to connect to NBN

Date PurchasedApr 2017

High School Drop Out

I should have realised something was wrong when my printer couldn't see one of the bands, and the other kept dropping out. Then in different parts of the house the speed went way down (losing 90%). Then I noticed it was always dropping out while using it. "You are not connected to the internet" constantly appearing on my browser. Unless you want to sit right next to this thing or have a cable, it is useless. I'm sending mine back.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Waste of money

DSL-2877AL is an entry level device, so it may be good for someone who just need the WIFI going but with low budget. Setting up the router is extremely easy if you follow every steps written in the manual. The reason why I gave only 2 stars is that the machine we bought last only one year. It’s cheap but it dies young.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Not worth it

There is nothing good about this router. Unreliable and slow. Got it free when I signed up.
Since I replaced it with PYTHON - Dual Band Wireless AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem Router.
Average speed on my NBN FTTN increased from 25/25 to 85/35. Ps. 600 meters from the node. Enough said.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Poor reliability. Firmware update is function is *broken*

Had this for over a year. It worked reliably for a short time but soon after began dropping out, needing constant reboots to reestablish wired connection, and to reset the wireless so that new devices could join without IP conflicts.
Eventually we lost connection completely. Checked all wires, checked power. No amount of "turn it off, wait, turn it back on" would help. I was recommended to reset factory settings, which DID get it working, but ever since the dropouts are worse than before. Attempts to update the firmware to any version result in the browser losing connection instantly, as if we're shut out of the control panel.

We're stuck with this piece of crap till we buy a replacement. Never going D-Link again.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

love this modem!

I absolutely love my modem this is such a fast and reliable modem and without a doubt it always scans through and picks up the best signal, I have been looking on the market for so long was almost loosing hope glad I found this one and im very happy with my dlink model thanks guys

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Terrible

I've had two of these devices as supplied by my NBN RSP. Both units have suffered continuous and frequent loss of sync. Surely I can't be that unlucky that two units have both been faulty, right?

If it weren't for the dropouts, this would be a reasonable entry level VDSL/ADSL2+ modem-router, but alas.

Constant drop outs

I am on my second unit. Returned the first because of dropouts and got a new one. Same problem. Just drops out and requires constant resetting and reconfiguration. I was recently connected with NBN and it is exactly the same. I won't be bothering to return this one as the model seems just unreliable.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Excellent value, only problems caused by the other end.

Reading the reviews I must have got one of the few good ones.
I currently am on the extreme limits of adsl2 & up to 3 devices + 2 printers using lan & wifi at a time, it handles everything it gets at the moment quite well. Will see how it performs with the nbn.
The only problems I have had are all line & provider provided.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Dlink support is hopeless

If you buy the DSL 2877AL router just hope that everything works fine out of the box.
If you need to contact DLink technical support for any issues (eg. in my instance I could not print anything from my IPAD (the previous Netgear router worked OK)), good luck. I have found DLINK support to be useless in resolving this problem, which is definitely caused by the router.

Easy setup , good price for Dual Band that suits ADSL and NBN internet

Had this modem with my TPG ADSL2+ services nearly 6 months. So far it goes so well that i don't have to keep restart the modem like my previous tplink. Love the coverage that now i am able to share the internet even when i am at the garage where located at the other end of the house nearly 30 meters away from modem.

I am happy with the way modem stand up right. So it takes less space on my desk. comes with 2x USB ports , 4x gigabit LAN port and an extra WAN port for future NBN internet. Great buy for such high performance modem.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

easy to setup and excellent coverage

i can say that i am not technology guy so its very hard to setup modem for me but this d-link moden was very easy to setup. we are using 5 person internet but still its not slowing down our internet speed so i can say it realy good as previouse Modem was not that good.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Exactly what you expect for this price point

The setup was easy. Configuration for both Wi-Fi networks was a breeze. I find with NBN (FTTN) I can get a maximum download speed over Wi-Fi of 3MB/Sec which is pretty good considering the price point for this model. Streams Netflix fine as well. I would recommend this as an entry level model.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Not worth it for the price- at least it works for NBN

I've used a fair few entry-level electronics products, including routers. Of all of them, this is by far the worst.

It is a pain to configure, the wizard sucks, and the interface times out when I've just logged into it.

The drop outs are by far the worst part of my experience with this product. Whether using WiFi or a LAN cable, individual devices will randomly disconnect from the network. It claims there's an IP address issue, even when each device is assigned to its own IP address. Additionally, it will randomly disconnect and need to be restarted.

The only pro of this device are that it is relatively cheap for an NBN compatible router. If you don't have much cash and you need something fast, this will probably work. Otherwise, I strongly urge you to consider purchasing a different product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

You'd think they would have learned

D-Link has once again been a let down in the budget router category. Very poor routing and horrible connection with several drop outs within a 2 month period. I was hoping D-Link would have fixed these problems that is obviously affecting every single router, poor quality would not recommend. Definitly changing as soon as I can get my hands on a new router.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Worst router I have ever used.

First it was constant drop outs, then when I eventually connected to the router I couldn't even load or connect to the router page! (192.168.1.1) Now I can't connect to the wireless at all.

Stay away from this router at all costs, I've used many routers and this is by far the worst.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This is terrible! Can live without it.

This modem is extremely bad, avoid at all costs. Here's the first sign you're in for the ride of a lifetime: if you get the login credentials wrong the message <i>actually</i> states "ERROR: The login account is error.". Ahhhhh, the login account is so error.

You know what? Buy this thing if you enjoy restarting routers.

I'm trying to create an IP filter today but I can't because "Invalid IP address ." - Which one? Who knows, who cares, over it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016