D-Link DSL-2877AL

2.3

gregm

gregmSydney Surrounds, NSW

utter garbage.DO NOT USE FOR FTTN if you want to keep your sanity

I've had many problems with my DSL-2877AL, from low FTTN sync speeds to the "factory reset" button not actually erasing any or all config, corrupts admin p/w.Woeful wifi signals.D-link firmware v1.00.20 (latest at time of writing) is also buggy. I implore you, Stay away from this piece of garbage. It should be 1/4 of its price for its 'performance'. Currently looking for a bridgeable replacement, then this is going on eBay for $50 or in the bin.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
    Ness

NessAU

High School Drop Out

I should have realised something was wrong when my printer couldn't see one of the bands, and the other kept dropping out. Then in different parts of the house the speed went way down (losing 90%). Then I noticed it was always dropping out while using it. "You are not connected to the internet" constantly appearing on my browser. Unless you want to sit right next to this thing or have a cable, it is useless. I'm sending mine back.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
    Right Choice

Right ChoiceAU

Not worth it

There is nothing good about this router. Unreliable and slow. Got it free when I signed up.
    Since I replaced it with PYTHON - Dual Band Wireless AC1600 Gigabit ADSL2+/VDSL2 Modem Router.
    Average speed on my NBN FTTN increased from 25/25 to 85/35. Ps. 600 meters from the node. Enough said.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
    Routers

Find out how D-Link DSL-2877AL compares to other Routers

Sam

SamLaunceston, TAS

Terrible

I've had two of these devices as supplied by my NBN RSP. Both units have suffered continuous and frequent loss of sync. Surely I can't be that unlucky that two units have both been faulty, right?

If it weren't for the dropouts, this would be a reasonable entry level VDSL/ADSL2+ modem-router, but alas.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Constant drop outs

I am on my second unit. Returned the first because of dropouts and got a new one. Same problem. Just drops out and requires constant resetting and reconfiguration. I was recently connected with NBN and it is exactly the same. I won't be bothering to return this one as the model seems just unreliable.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Worst router I have ever used.

First it was constant drop outs, then when I eventually connected to the router I couldn't even load or connect to the router page! (192.168.1.1) Now I can't connect to the wireless at all.

Stay away from this router at all costs, I've used many routers and this is by far the worst.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Disgruntled

Disgruntled

This is terrible! Can live without it.

This modem is extremely bad, avoid at all costs. Here's the first sign you're in for the ride of a lifetime: if you get the login credentials wrong the message <i>actually</i> states "ERROR: The login account is error.". Ahhhhh, the login account is so error.

You know what? Buy this thing if you enjoy restarting routers.

I'm trying to create an IP filter today but I can't because "Invalid IP address ." - Which one? Who knows, who cares, over it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Don't buy D-link Model ADSL-2877AL

ehtcom

ehtcom

D-Link sell these modems knowing the WiFi doesn't work

Routers