D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL

D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 35905112

Does the job well

Easy to configure, but when playing fifa 16, the game would freeze and lag. Happened probably in 60% of games. Worked just okay for streaming videos over the network. Despite that, l did observe improvement to all the devices around the house and has an impressive range and speed. Get it if is cheap!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Easy to set up, cheap

Fast internet (most of the time) and easy to set up. Sometimes it requires rebooting (when it is cutting out or running slow) but you can do this remotely from an app, which is very convenient. Can connect many devices. Has two frequencies that you can tailor to high downloading vs browsing.

Still working

Bought from office work when half price. Not very clear about its functions. It is the high end among the choices. So bought it just to avoid bad quality risk. Working well so far. have not test its range yet. But in my house signal is good . Happy with the choice.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Superb!!

I work in IT. Although I am not a network guru or System Admin, I can easily say that this product is an excellent for the price. And it looks beautiful as well. If you can get it under $150 (sometimes as a deal) that will be a great bargain. It has good range and the speed we get out of it is good.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Alright router.

Overall very good performance. Has issues on the 5GHz band when used with a couple of android phones, but I'm not sure if that's just a defect. Range on the 2.4GHz band is great, and overall very stable. Design is nice, but does attract scratches. Do look around, as it can be found quite cheap!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Good value and performance

Haven't had many problems with it. Do have to restart it once in 2-3 weeks but other than that it works flawlessly with both Telstra and Optus. Recommend for people looking for a home router that has good wifi coverage without being too expansive. Overall I would say good buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good speeds but ok range

The 2890AL router is NBN FTTP capable.

I live in a double storey townhouse with the router being downstairs. Speeds are good getting pretty closed to the subscribed speeds with my ISP but the signal range is average at best. Seeing that my router is at the front of the house (where the NBN box is), I seem to get a few black spots upstairs on the back end of the house.

Overall, not a deal breaker, but if you have a single level house, this should be ideal and cost effective.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Perfect modem router combo

After my telstra modem suddenly died got this one which was easy to connect and configure and has great range across the whole house. also looks beautiful as it stands tall like a tower. it bit expensive but as they say you get what u pay for so dont mind paying the premium for a premium product.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

poor serve function

it is ok for home users and it allows about 20 devices wifi connected at same time. However, it is hard to set sharp the hard drive with access control option. When I tried to set a share the printer I found the firmware unsupport and i have to find third part one

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Uff! NASA?

Super great! A bit pricey but it is absolutely beast! If you're a gamer or download a lot, this is one of the best modems you could properly get for a decent price compared to the others. It comes with an app as well which is super convenient in managing a lot of settings and keeping track of who is on and what not.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Product Update: Still works fine! No problems at all

Great. Thanks for reviews

We are now enjoying the full extent of our internet thanks to this beauty. Our last router used to drop out the wireless signal all the time, but this one has been study and consistent. Can't wait to see how it performs with new NBN. We can currnelty watch netflix and youtube together without any lag. It's great and well worth the money so far.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Wouldn't have believed the reviews if I hadn't tried it myself.

I'll start off by saying I've tried a lot of budget routers, anything under $129 I've tried and let's face it, they suck. I got this off ebay on discounted price plus $20 off which cut the price down to exactly $129. It runs perfectly, no issues, fixed my packet loss issue when playing online games. Can connect up to 8 devices without interruption. You want something for gaming, hd streaming on multiple devices or just want reliability, this is it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent, fast reliable

Have had this modem/router now for just over two weeks and have not had one single issue. have not had to reboot or reset.. easy setup... Excellent wifi range throughout the house both on 2.4 and 5ghz.. The most impressive thing is the internal data transfer rate, amazing speed... can transfer via wifi say a 1gig file in around 10secs. Amazing... Can't go wrong with this unit.. Very happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

D-Link AC 1750 DSL-2890AL

I have absolutely no issues with this modem. One of my better purchases. Works with multiple devices (I run TV, Foxtel, 2 x mobile phones, 2 x Tablets, 2 x Laptops and the Printer) not always at the same time but generally a combination of at least 5 devices at one time. The modem works over both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz which I'm led to believe is an advantage. My old modem would randomly drop the internet but have had no problems since changing to this modem. The coverage area is excellent. Very happy with the modem.

Excellent AC Modem/Router with Excellent Wi-Fi Range At A Fraction of Cost

For someone who had bad experience with D-Link products in the past (circa 10 years ago) I was reluctant to give this modem/router a go.... Boy, am I wrong with my assumption, the D-Link DSL-2890AL modem/router is a mighty fine piece of hardware!

Having to endure three Fritz!Box 7390 (2x faulty, 1x buggy) modem/router for the past 2 years where the phantom calls (VoIP) is a norm, I decided to shop for a new modem/router to replace and to take advantage of the 802.11ac band technology – contenders include: D-Link 2890AL, Netgear D6300, and Asus RT-AC68U.

I really wanted to give Asus a go; however the AC68U is modem-less. The choice is then down to D-Link and Netgear. In the end, I decided on D-Link as it receives good feedbacks on various sites and I (subjectively) like the look of the modem....

In terms of ping connection, the D-Link is on par with the Fritz!Box, if not faster. The signal strength generated by the D-Link is definitely stronger and further – I can walk 20m further away from where Fritz!Box signal ends. This alone is well worth the money as I can access the internet in areas (of my yard) I previously couldn’t with the FritzBox.

As for connection; I have circa 10 devices connected to the D-Link via LAN and wireless, sometimes up to 20 (devices) and D-Link handles them all with ease, even when steaming 1080p movies. The D-Link does require reboot every now and then to refresh the internal memory but I can do this via the D-link Android app.

Not only does the D-Link takes up less desk space (with its vertical design), the fact that the front panels gives all the connection details (vs. Fritz!Box’s single LED) is a big plus as I can monitor connections without having to log onto the website.

As for the UI, I must admit that D-Link (ver 1.04_04) isn’t as slick as Fritz!Box but after reading the blogs on whirlpool, sounds like the imminent release of the new D-Link UI is going to be the next best thing since slice bread.

I must point out though that 2890AL does not come with VoIP function that is standard on the Fritz!Box but then again, D-Link costs substantially cheaper than the Fritz!Box and with the price differences, I can buy a Gigaset C610A IP VoIP phone, which is exactly what I have done. Have I mentioned that the Gigaset is far superior than Fritz!Box in terms of clarity and functionality? For the very least, I don’t suffer from “phantom calls” (with the Fritz!Box) anymore.

Finally the one feature that stands head above the rest is D-Link’s after sales support – Not only are they helpful and knowledgeable, they actually follow up on what they promised! The only other companies who (in my personal experience) goes the extra mile to help are HTC and Sony but then again, this is a discussion for another forum...

I’m so impressed with the 2890AL and D-Link’s support that I went and bought the DWA-171 802.11ac adaptor and that in itself is equally impressive - small and fast. All in all, a very pleasant experience with D-Link and they have restored my confidence with the 2890AL (and DWA-171).

PS My experience on this is based on 5 months of 24/7 usage.
After-sale service, Wi-fi range, Wi-fi speed, Price, Design
Needs to manually reboot every now and then to refresh internal memory