D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL

D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 35905112

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

David

David

Does the job well

Easy to configure, but when playing fifa 16, the game would freeze and lag. Happened probably in 60% of games. Worked just okay for streaming videos over the network. Despite that, l did observe improvement to all the devices around the house and has an impressive range and speed. Get it if is cheap!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Chrissie

ChrissiePerth

Easy to set up, cheap

Fast internet (most of the time) and easy to set up. Sometimes it requires rebooting (when it is cutting out or running slow) but you can do this remotely from an app, which is very convenient. Can connect many devices. Has two frequencies that you can tailor to high downloading vs browsing.

C C cat

C C catsydney

Still working

Bought from office work when half price. Not very clear about its functions. It is the high end among the choices. So bought it just to avoid bad quality risk. Working well so far. have not test its range yet. But in my house signal is good . Happy with the choice.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Divyesh

DivyeshSydney

Superb!!

I work in IT. Although I am not a network guru or System Admin, I can easily say that this product is an excellent for the price. And it looks beautiful as well. If you can get it under $150 (sometimes as a deal) that will be a great bargain. It has good range and the speed we get out of it is good.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

sd6675

sd6675Perth

Alright router.

Overall very good performance. Has issues on the 5GHz band when used with a couple of android phones, but I'm not sure if that's just a defect. Range on the 2.4GHz band is great, and overall very stable. Design is nice, but does attract scratches. Do look around, as it can be found quite cheap!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Yoni F

Yoni FSydney

Good value and performance

Haven't had many problems with it. Do have to restart it once in 2-3 weeks but other than that it works flawlessly with both Telstra and Optus. Recommend for people looking for a home router that has good wifi coverage without being too expansive. Overall I would say good buy.

James L

James LCanberra

Good speeds but ok range

The 2890AL router is NBN FTTP capable.

I live in a double storey townhouse with the router being downstairs. Speeds are good getting pretty closed to the subscribed speeds with my ISP but the signal range is average at best. Seeing that my router is at the front of the house (where the NBN box is), I seem to get a few black spots upstairs on the back end of the house.

Overall, not a deal breaker, but if you have a single level house, this should be ideal and cost effective.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

KAC

KACmelbourne

Perfect modem router combo

After my telstra modem suddenly died got this one which was easy to connect and configure and has great range across the whole house. also looks beautiful as it stands tall like a tower. it bit expensive but as they say you get what u pay for so dont mind paying the premium for a premium product.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
orca

orcaAU

poor serve function

it is ok for home users and it allows about 20 devices wifi connected at same time. However, it is hard to set sharp the hard drive with access control option. When I tried to set a share the printer I found the firmware unsupport and i have to find third part one

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Ryan N.Sydney

Uff! NASA?

Super great! A bit pricey but it is absolutely beast! If you're a gamer or download a lot, this is one of the best modems you could properly get for a decent price compared to the others. It comes with an app as well which is super convenient in managing a lot of settings and keeping track of who is on and what not.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Product Update: Still works fine! No problems at all

Shonika

Shonika

Great. Thanks for reviews

We are now enjoying the full extent of our internet thanks to this beauty. Our last router used to drop out the wireless signal all the time, but this one has been study and consistent. Can't wait to see how it performs with new NBN. We can currnelty watch netflix and youtube together without any lag. It's great and well worth the money so far.

Dee

DeeBrisbane

Wouldn't have believed the reviews if I hadn't tried it myself.

I'll start off by saying I've tried a lot of budget routers, anything under $129 I've tried and let's face it, they suck. I got this off ebay on discounted price plus $20 off which cut the price down to exactly $129. It runs perfectly, no issues, fixed my packet loss issue when playing online games. Can connect up to 8 devices without interruption. You want something for gaming, hd streaming on multiple devices or just want reliability, this is it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Craig

CraigMelbourne

Excellent, fast reliable

Have had this modem/router now for just over two weeks and have not had one single issue. have not had to reboot or reset.. easy setup... Excellent wifi range throughout the house both on 2.4 and 5ghz.. The most impressive thing is the internal data transfer rate, amazing speed... can transfer via wifi say a 1gig file in around 10secs. Amazing... Can't go wrong with this unit.. Very happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Self Funded Retiree

Self Funded RetireeQLD, 4740

D-Link AC 1750 DSL-2890AL

I have absolutely no issues with this modem. One of my better purchases. Works with multiple devices (I run TV, Foxtel, 2 x mobile phones, 2 x Tablets, 2 x Laptops and the Printer) not always at the same time but generally a combination of at least 5 devices at one time. The modem works over both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz which I'm led to believe is an advantage. My old modem would randomly drop the internet but have had no problems since changing to this modem. The coverage area is excellent. Very happy with the modem.

DonIsGood