D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A

• Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
RossEd

RossEdGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok, but struggled with lots of devices

Had this router for a couple of years and it was ok with reasonable performance and coverage, until I got to around 20+ devices, then it struggled. I also had ongoing issues managing DHCP reservation - would show inaccurate readings. Rang support who suggested clearing caches, browsers, restarting etc - none of which helped. Eventually got it replaced but the replacement had exactly the same problems. Ended up going with Google Nest Wifi which has been more stable and manages 40+ connections no problem.

Purchased in February 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Ramajan

RamajanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Purchased for 5Ghz, constantly drops out

I have had so many issues with this. When I first got it, I had issues printing from my printer on 2.4Ghz if my computer was on 5Ghz. I upgraded the firmware because I was having issues where the 5Ghz network would just drop out and I would have to restart the router to get it going again. After the firmware upgrade same thing. It makes it unsable. Especially as I have a Foxtel Now box so I hardly bother using the 5Ghz at all. I can be using the internet and all 5Ghz devices just drop out and says No internet the 2.4Ghz devices keep going. I wish I had purchased something else.

Purchased in December 2018 for $179.00.

Michael

MichaelSydney

An Ok Router

It's a pretty ok router, kinda annoying to setup with nbn but eventually after an hour something i got it running.

The wifi slowly started dying and slowing down only after 2 weeks, now the wifi can barely work from a 5 meter distance. And don't even try going to a bedroom 12 meters away unless you don't want to have wifi, the only thing on this router that is kinda reliable is the ethernet connection.
This is my second d-link python and it had the exact problems as my first one and will probably die and il have to replace it.

If you have good money, just buy a router that costs more than 350$ if you have more than 3 people in the house, anything bellow this is trash that dies between 6-12 months

Date PurchasedAug 2000
Modems

Find out how D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A compares to other Modems

matts

mattsPerth

Does the job, could be better

A reliable and easy device to use. Only took 10minutes to setup and get things up and running .little dissapointed with the wifi range, it does not reach more than 20m through the house. Interface via a url is easy to use and manage. device stays cool and is low on power consumption

Date PurchasedMay 2017
See all D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A reviews

L c k

L c kasked

How do you reset passwords?...we lost the information we had to reset passwords and can not remember it now we want to change it please help

Just call dlink help

Shaun K.

Shaun K.asked

is it compatible with internode internet provider

Raymond

It is compatable with any isp(internode included) , compatable with adsl and all types of nbn, to set it up your self you need internode settings for the type of internet you will get

Foong

Foongasked

I bought this modem last month and haven’t issues with the poor WiFi signal. The speed is slow and my son has issues connecting to WiFi on his oppo phone due to weak WiFi signal. How to configure the router to improve the WiFi signal?

Shane Jones
Shane Jones

Mine works perfect out of the box. Best bet would be to call your internet provider or the manufacturer of the modem either shpuld ne able to help with the problem.

See all D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A questions

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesExternal Antennas and Parental Controls