D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A

D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A

MPN: DSL-2888A
See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for D-Link? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Great for general use, avoid for VPN.

This is a wonderful unit for general household use, it has amazing range and performs quite well with approx 10 devices connected at any one time.

The biggest issue was with VPN setup. It will not connect to a VPN for business needs, as such the unit is completely obsolete. Support will not help, they have no clue what is going on. Avoid this.

Blender man
Blender manSydney

Not a quality product.

It is easy to install. Worked for 6 months then could no longer sync with the nbn. This is my second one after the first one failed. Not a quality product.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hifi Home.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices

naks
naksSydney

Needs reboot once a week. People on 5G can't connect to people on 2.4G

I've been on latest firmware for about a year (AU_2.12). Needs reboots often. Dies if you have too many connections open. People on the 5G wireless can't connect to people on the 2.4G connection. Would not recommend.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Kamal E.
Kamal E.

very pleased

I bought this for ADSL but knowing that I will be changing over to FTTC NBN and I am very happy with it. My WIFI has been rock solid with multiple of hungry devices. The speeds are excellent over wifi and the coverage is also good. The setup experience was the one easiest by far. never had a problem using it. highly recommended.

Purchased in October 2018 at Centre Com for $179.00.

RaymondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value router suits a mid size house

Has the power to run my automated house. I have 21 devices connected to wifi.
Great for a small to medium size house, if you have large house pay the extra for a cobra or a mesh system.
If you have HFC nbn it may be a little difficult to find ethernet over wan in the interface to set it up. Dlink has an excellent phone help to guide you through it, but know the isp settings before you call.
This router does not have voip. So there is no where to plug a phone in. The phone line and splitter in the box are for adsl not vdsl.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $218.00.

Lynton A.
Lynton A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great modem

Great modem, currently stream to the lounge tv and the bedroom tv and a phone comfortably at the same time, no drop outs.
This is our second D link modem I have used 3 other different makes over time.
Well worth a look.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $155.00.

Mark w
Mark wHunter Region, NSW

No phone with nbn

Have just connected to the nbn. Bought a dsl-2888a modem thinking this will do. WRONG. Modem works but not the phone. Even with the splitter they supplied. Won’t work on nbn wast of money.not made for boath phone and internet.

Purchased in January 2019 for $160.00.

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Our Python is great. Set up was incredibly easy. In two months it has dropped out once. The signal is strong - it works on our street. We have NBN and the speed is excellent. Usually there is two of us using the internet at the same time; watching netflix or surfing. It looks good. I would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Piper
PiperInvergowrie

Awesome price

I love this router. For the price, performance, and range I doubt you can find a better router. I was extremely hesitant on purchasing a new router because our old Netgear from 10 years ago was working just fine but once I hooked this beast up... I realized how far behind we were. Installation was easy enough. Just follow the simple instructions and you are good to go.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Ford
FordAdelaide

New D-Link modem working a treat

Read a few reviews on different modems for a new connection to the NBN and decided on the D-Link Python. Was wondering how far signal would travel as there is a distance between modem and one computer but was prepared to put a booster for the signal but have no need. Setup was also very easy so have no trouble recommending this modem.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Shane Jones
Shane JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best router I have owned

I have only adsl in my house before this router speeds where crap. Now can stream foxtel on my wifi to my phone really impressed. The range and speeds it delivers over wifi are un believable. And to make life better it is nbn ready. It handles the 8 wifi devices in our house with ease.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

fried chicken
fried chickenACT

This is an excellent device.

In my experience this modem router is a very powerful device. I have been using this for about a month now, with ths arrival of FTTN NBN. I get very consistent sync speeds and the connection is very reliable. My house is composed mostly of brick, and signal from the other end was still very strong. Excellent device.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

AARYAN GUPTA
AARYAN GUPTAMelbourne

Hate It

I bought this modem 1 year ago always had the issue from the beginning. Complaint to d-link couple of times and nothing got sorted.

Every now and then the signals drops out. Overall I wasn't happy with it ended up returning the product and never buying the dlink products again.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Jez
Jez

Great Modem for decent price

Easy setup. Do not have to download any drivers, just plug and go. Impressive signal strength. Wi-Fi never drops. Phone stays connected after leaving 10 meters from premise (premise has really thick walls as well). Wi-Fi speed is relatively fast. By staying within 3 meters of this modem there is no need for LAN cable to maintain a great up/down ratio.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
henry
henry

No Dramas

Bought this for my newly activated NBN connection as i didn't want to use the one the provider provides. Easy to install. User interface is simple, lots of nice features if you have more people in your house, such as speed limit on each end terminals etc. also has cloud feature which i am yet to figure out.

Date PurchasedJune 2017