D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: 35905214 and DSL4320L

3.8

• Number of Connected Devices 12.875 devices (8)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Steven

StevenSydney

Massive Device!

Great coverage provided on the D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L. Price is a bit steep though for those on a budget but it is worth it. 2 Bands of 5GHz is a bonus! WiFi coverage is amazing, able to reach the entire house (and even the granny flat) with speeds still at top notch. There's the ability to even attach a HDD to it to share content across the house which makes it even easier to share home videos as you can connect to a TV and stream it from there!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
darrenjs

darrenjsMelbourne

Great wifi range & lightning speed

I’m in a 50square 2 story house and the wifi range and strength is great. No real signal loss in the far corners of the house and download speed isn’t too bad in the far areas either.

Can connect multiple devices easily and manages the load well. Great modem, a bit expensive but does what it’s supposed to do... oh.. and great for gaming too!!!

Nice looking?

Pretty decent WIFI coverage even crosses floors and walls, even over the street in my neighbor's house. I do not feel the improvement of speed in both channels, but fairly good when lots devices connected at same time.
So I would recommend this to people who don't want to be interrupted during gaming.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

fellan88

fellan88Perth

Great Speed

I am currently on FTTN NBN. This modem has worked well for my needs. However, my room directly upstairs will get maybe the 2nd range of wifi strength, which for the cost I expected it to be full strength.
However, I can't fault the connection as I no longer get any dropouts and the speed is quite stable. Also has a wide reaching range. I game a lot so stability and speed are quite important and this seems to perform quite well.
I can connect a lot of devices at the same time, at least 7 , and I dont get any performance/speed issues and can stream Netflix and play games without lag at the same time. Quite satisfied with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Holly

HollyNewcomb

Very Happy

This modem has worked well for us. Set up was a bit tricky but once set up we have had no trouble. Bought this after struggling with internet speed as fiance is a gamer. Definitely improved with this modem. We don't have NBN so will supposedly work even better with that.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jackie Chan

Jackie ChanCabramatta

Great Modem

Purchased this modem from a low end dlink. There are 2 frequencies (2.4ghz and 5ghz). There are 2 5.2ghz hotspots to connect to. This modem is extremely stable with 20+ devices connected to it. The range of this modem is surprisingly great. It can reach to our neighbour's house as well

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kul

Kulperth

Absolutely brilliant!

I bought this modem upgrading from my netgear and I loved it it has 1 frequency of 2.4 GHz and 2 frequencies of 5 GHz to connect to at different places in the house and this works great for me as I have a big house. Everybody in my house is a big internet user and this modem/router let's me do online gaming, youtube, netflix and facebook all at once.

Derek

DerekGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reliable Workhorse

Two kids gaming online, one kid streaming 4K Netflix and one watching YouTube. All without buffering issues or hiccups. This thing is a workhorse. Love the thing!
The only thing I can fault it on is it's appearance... to me it looks like a deceased cockroach lying on it's back but hey... the reliability and performance far outweighs it's looks.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Great upgrade option!

Upgraded to this baby and works great. Only issue I have is the wifi does not seem as strong as I would like it to be considering the price of this unit. Other than that, no problems. Great sync with FTTB, good wifi speeds. Easy to use user interface. Would recommend to friends and family.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

swamprat96

Excellent modem/router let down a little by lack of interface features

First things- it syncs fast and has good strong wifi. I even use the smart connect because it actually works.., I'm getting very good line specs on FTTN.
I find the interface very basic- can't even check DSL stats such as SNR ratios etc. However that doesn't stop it working and I'm not seeing dropouts at all. Ugly as sin- how anyone calls this attractive is beyond me. But function over form is ok with me.
Update - have just had a total lockup after two weeks connected. My network monitor picked up the loss but this unit still though it was connected. GUI allowed login. The firmware seems unfortunately to follow a long line of dlink firmware- unfinished and abandoned

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jacob R

Jacob RPerth

Incredible Router

No complaints on this futuristic looking router. The signal is amazing and comes with many options for customisation depending on what it is needed for. Where my previous router failed to provide signal, this product delivered a high quality signal at great speeds to every corner of our house. Would recommend to those looking to upgrade from an entry level router to a better one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
parko_jose

parko_josePort Kennedy, WA

So glad we upgraded

This modem is great for larger families with a lot of devices. With so many things needing internet these days we were struggling with the amount of devices being connected at once and since upgrading we have very few drop outs and minimal to no lag when kids are gameing.
It is a little pricey, however I have recommended it to everyone I know.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Tim

Tim

Top of the line modem.

This Modem is overkill really, it has really high speed that we can't even use in Australia. We bought it more for the sake of it, haven'f really had any problems though. It has a very decent range on it, great looking design and overpowered power. Buy this if you want one of the best modems around for personal use.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Stephan

StephanAU

Fast, intuitive menu Good Value

Has the best signal range of any consumer router I've used.
Handles 8xSIP channels plus at least 4 devices easily
Menu is useable.
Never had a wifi dropout.
The price would be the only negative point, which is reasonable given quality

If looking for quality reliable fast unit w features this is good choice

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

I had to return it after 4 days

Apparently this router was supposed to be one of the best, it was so good that I had to return it after 4 days.
Unfortunately I had a terrible experience with this product but in all honesty I was very impressed with D-Link's customer support Centre, they were very easy to contact, they tried very hard to resolve my network issues and it seemed like they really want to help the consumer.
The main issues I had with my router was that the 5G network kept logging me out after a couple hours and then I was unable to reconnect with both of the 5G network's. We tried multiple things to resolve this issue but nothing helped for some reason my 5G networks were both dodgy!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Shae

Shae

Our Internet Always Works

I have a bunch of housemates and we can all be watching Netflix at the same time. I was a bit hesitant to get this one at first I didn't think we needed something this heavy duty but I have no regrets. It also looks crazy, when people come over they are always either super impressed or think its a drone.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
hokleung

hokleungmelbourne

Great

It is good for a house to use. Powerful signal to every corner of my house. I used to use some cheap products for wifi connection. But this router would not be at risk. And this product easy to set up, easy to use. Never make it wrong if you buy this.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
chxzqw

chxzqwSydney, NSW

Good one. Strong signal coverage.

This is an ideal model for house due to its strong signal coverage.

However I have encountered some issues since I purchased it. I think its firmware got some bugs then leads to it sometimes unstable wireless connection. Anyway bugs are gone since the latest patch has been made.

Its NBN compatible feature is excellent which is actually just a switching from LAN port to WAN port I think.

Dylan.W

Dylan.WPerth

Its good and great for average houses

There is no doubt that this is one of the best modems out there with multiple network system it has 2 2.4ghz channel and 1 5ghz chanel although sometimes it does have some issues most of the time it works perfectly it is good to use the 2.4ghz channels in a long distance from the modem and 5ghz if close to modem

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Ram J.

Ram J.Carnes hill

its good product

i love thos product any one know its good i want buy one and let me know bay comment i will more then happy to help me with this plz . . . . . .. . ... . . .. . . . . . . . . ..

Date PurchasedJan 2017
See all D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L reviews

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers