D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L (page 3 of 3)

MPNs: 35905214 and DSL4320L

3.8

• Number of Connected Devices 13.125 devices (8)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Juanito

JuanitoSydney

100% worth the price

When I finally received NBN in my area, it was time to upgrade my router. I did a lot of research for my needs as someone who has four family members in the house who are constantly streaming netflix, youtube, music or playing video games online. Could not have gotten a better router for my needs. It was extremely easy to set up, improved streaming quality, download speeds are at an all time high, lagg is basically non existent when playing video games and the range on this thing is amazing.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
dman

dmanVictoria

Wow, simply wow

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best modem/router I've ever had!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Routers

Find out how D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L compares to other Routers

quityabitching

quityabitchingAU

Worth It

Improved my ping in gaming by 10-12ms compared to my old netgear router. AC range is ok like the rest however N range is well above average for those devices you are more mobile with aka ipads, phones etc. Yes its expensive but if you after something with decent range (N) and quicker response this is well worth it

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Reviewer_J

Reviewer_JAU

Great router with zero issues so far

I bought this router at a very good discounted price so I could justify paying such a hefty amount. Well i'm glad I did because this router has been amazing. Any issues I had with my current home network set-up were immediately fixed once I installed this thing. While I only have adsl and am no where near the speed capabilities of the modem router it has already been worth its money just in the great PS4 remote play capability, the ease and speed of streaming movies from my laptop to the TV, the zero drop-outs I've experienced since hooking it up (which my previous router had a real problem with) and the overall speed increase. Highly recommend, probably best to buy on sale though unless you don't mind forking out big bucks for a router.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Don't waste your time and money unless you're after a complete xDSL package

Denno

DennoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent ... Wifi dropouts are fixed

I thought I had better update my previous comments from 13 Jan. After much fluffing around and a replacement unit, I got onto a D-Link rep via another website. Advice was to turn off the smart channel and reduce the wifi bandwidth in the settings. With almost all Apple devices (all sorts) they apparently operate within a narrower bandwidth than other products, therefore reducing the bandwidth has so far fixed the drop out issues and everything has been stable. Apart from something like that being included in the instruction, now the unit is operating just how I had hoped, coping easily with some 15 devices (12 wifi and 3 Ethernet) with absolute ease. Good one!!!

weng393

weng393

Good But Not Great

See all D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L reviews

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers