D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

MPN: DSL4320L
See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for D-Link? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 3 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Mark K.
Mark K.

hoping my D-Link would be the exception and not the same as others

i was hoping that with every product you get good and bad and that mine would be the good unfortunately i am in the same boat as others on here and drop outs are the biggest pain by far and when you have to reconnect printers or other things each time its just well painful so would i recommend this product . . . . . i am going to have to say no unless D-Link can fix it with a software update then maybe try something else.

Purchased in March 2019 for $389.00.

Ace
AceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

An expensive problem

Other Modems

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control and Parental Controls
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps