D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

MPN: DSL4320L
See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for D-Link? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 14 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Steve V
Steve VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great bit of gear if you take the time to read about it!!!

Purchased in January 2018 at eBay for $240.00.

Trong N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great modem/router even though it took some time to connect the DSL 4320L to TPG NBN FTTP

Purchased in January 2020.

Mic
Mic

Excellent product

Excellent product tried many other brands ,but the D-Link was the only one to reach the distance we need .speeds were more than adequate the desighn of the product that enables you to place it and direct it to where the signals need to go, able to operate six items at a time.
Highly recommended

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
darrenjs
darrenjsMelbourne

Great wifi range & lightning speed

I’m in a 50square 2 story house and the wifi range and strength is great. No real signal loss in the far corners of the house and download speed isn’t too bad in the far areas either.

Can connect multiple devices easily and manages the load well. Great modem, a bit expensive but does what it’s supposed to do... oh.. and great for gaming too!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Holly
HollyNewcomb

Very Happy

This modem has worked well for us. Set up was a bit tricky but once set up we have had no trouble. Bought this after struggling with internet speed as fiance is a gamer. Definitely improved with this modem. We don't have NBN so will supposedly work even better with that.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jackie Chan
Jackie ChanCabramatta

Great Modem

Purchased this modem from a low end dlink. There are 2 frequencies (2.4ghz and 5ghz). There are 2 5.2ghz hotspots to connect to. This modem is extremely stable with 20+ devices connected to it. The range of this modem is surprisingly great. It can reach to our neighbour's house as well

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kul
Kulperth

Absolutely brilliant!

I bought this modem upgrading from my netgear and I loved it it has 1 frequency of 2.4 GHz and 2 frequencies of 5 GHz to connect to at different places in the house and this works great for me as I have a big house. Everybody in my house is a big internet user and this modem/router let's me do online gaming, youtube, netflix and facebook all at once.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Derek
DerekGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reliable Workhorse

Two kids gaming online, one kid streaming 4K Netflix and one watching YouTube. All without buffering issues or hiccups. This thing is a workhorse. Love the thing!
The only thing I can fault it on is it's appearance... to me it looks like a deceased cockroach lying on it's back but hey... the reliability and performance far outweighs it's looks.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Jacob R
Jacob RPerth

Incredible Router

No complaints on this futuristic looking router. The signal is amazing and comes with many options for customisation depending on what it is needed for. Where my previous router failed to provide signal, this product delivered a high quality signal at great speeds to every corner of our house. Would recommend to those looking to upgrade from an entry level router to a better one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

parko_jose
parko_josePort Kennedy, WA

So glad we upgraded

This modem is great for larger families with a lot of devices. With so many things needing internet these days we were struggling with the amount of devices being connected at once and since upgrading we have very few drop outs and minimal to no lag when kids are gameing.
It is a little pricey, however I have recommended it to everyone I know.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Tim
Tim

Top of the line modem.

This Modem is overkill really, it has really high speed that we can't even use in Australia. We bought it more for the sake of it, haven'f really had any problems though. It has a very decent range on it, great looking design and overpowered power. Buy this if you want one of the best modems around for personal use.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Stephan
StephanAU

Fast, intuitive menu Good Value

Has the best signal range of any consumer router I've used.
Handles 8xSIP channels plus at least 4 devices easily
Menu is useable.
Never had a wifi dropout.
The price would be the only negative point, which is reasonable given quality

If looking for quality reliable fast unit w features this is good choice

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Shae
Shae

Our Internet Always Works

I have a bunch of housemates and we can all be watching Netflix at the same time. I was a bit hesitant to get this one at first I didn't think we needed something this heavy duty but I have no regrets. It also looks crazy, when people come over they are always either super impressed or think its a drone.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
hokleung
hokleungmelbourne

Great

It is good for a house to use. Powerful signal to every corner of my house. I used to use some cheap products for wifi connection. But this router would not be at risk. And this product easy to set up, easy to use. Never make it wrong if you buy this.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Marvin
MarvinIvanhoe

$500 but worth it

What is the point in paying loads of money every month to have NBN and unlimited internet if you cannot make the most of the speeds? This thing is lightening fast. I'm hitting 100mb at the other end of my home over the 5G. I won't be upgrading again for some time as I can't imagine anything being much faster than this.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control and Parental Controls
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps