Daikin

Daikin

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lea

LeaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Appalling service

Purchased for an eatery restaurant. Installed Jan 2019, day one didn’t cool properly. Winter stopped working completely. July 2019 they say out of warranty and won’t come. Firstly pay the call out fee they’ll then come and give us a quote for repairs.

Vilya

VilyaMelbourne

Utterly delighted with customer service and with my AC unit

My Daikin air conditioner was turning itself on and then straight off. Looked around at local service people, then was told it was still under warranty, given its age. Phoned Daikin, who stepped me through how to use the remote to give an error code. I was then given instructions on what to do. When I turned the power back on, it worked straight away. Marvellous. The wonders of modern technology! This has saved me $200 at least and waiting around for a service technician. Love that equipment does self-diagnosis. Love that I can fix simple problems myself if I'm told what to do. If I ever have to replace this, my next air conditioner will be a Daikin!

alitwino

alitwino

No protection for fan motor failure causing big $$$ repair bill

Date PurchasedJun 2010
Alick

AlickTweed Heads West

Excellent support and knowhow.

I visited the electrical shops noted for the sale of air conditioners. All were willing to supply me but indicated that an outside electrician approved by them, would be required to install the unit. I phoned Daikin who assured me that there own employees would do the installation. I asked if they would inspect my location, and next day two 2 employees did an inspection and recommended a model and location and gave me a quote which I accepted. 2 days later they installed the unit with a 5 year warranty and made a first class job of it. I have now used the unit in the hot and then colder weather, and can highly recommend the results. The model is FTXS5OLVMA and was installed on the 8th. March 2018.

De1

De1Sydney

System not cooling properly and no fault can be found

Lou

Lou

Appalling Customer Service

Communication with this company when your unit breaks down while under warranty is almost impossible. After two weeks of calling them and being on hold for more than 30 mins, bounced around to different departments (only to have to keep repeating the story) I finally phoned the Queensland office and my complaint was forwarded to a manager. Even then it was 5 days until this manager gave the technician a list of parts to order. No prices. I had to chase that up by calling him again. I needed the prices because they make you pay for parts and labour up front and then you claim what they are willing to reimburse you later. I still have to navigate this part of their cruel process. Save yourself the angst, buy another brand.

Skypilot

SkypilotLaunceston

Poor quality product and after sales service

Have previously had a Daikin with poor results. Was convinced to try them again. Purchased a brand new $3000 air conditioner as above and it was faulty. First problem technicians were not allowed on a flat roof while wet in spite the sun was shining...OH&S supposedly. Finally took 2 visits to view problem. Replacement parts not readily available to installer have to go through Daikin head office. Was taking up to 4 weeks to repair in middle of winter. Threatened agent with Consumer affairs complaint and had problem fixed in 2 days.

J.S.