Daikin

1.8

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Part Service Unhelpful

We have a Daikin RZQ71LV1 which works well but the condensation pours onto the deck. I have been trying to find out if there are drain plugs I can buy to take the water away. I contacted the Australian Daikin Parts who would not answer the question or advise options. They directed me to there suppliers list which I am trying to make contact with.
If after sales mattered the maybe they could have advise a Yes/No if a part existed or maybe even provided the part number. Will now buy Daikin again.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lowest cost to run great source of heat

Split system heaters are heat pumps which use a minimum of power for the maximum output. Having the main system outside and in effect the fan on the wall means they save space. Split systems also are better for airconditioning. We have found that we get about 10 years out of a system (we have several) so although expensive initially save costs over the longer term

pdw61

pdw61Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t buy daikon air conditioning

Hi I had a daikon RQ125V1A model fully ducted installed in August 2013 it stopped working on Christmas Day 2019 in the middle of a 3 week heat wave it took 20 days to get a daikin repairer to come out because everyone was on holiday it turned out a $150.00 fan shorted out them it blew a $1480.00 inverter board with labour it cost just over $2200.00 to fix it was one year out of warranty daikon would not cover any of the repair I asked them for some sort of compensation and they simply said it’s out of warranty bad luck it is not the reliable system that they advertised I will never buy a Adkin again
Peter

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

continuous troubles with Daikin ducted air conditioning

One major failure during warranty period. Just after warranty expired, U4, U0-04, and E4 errors kept popping out one after another during 6 weeks. One of the Daikin dealers can not even keep up with such fast-paced error producing - 3 visits with nothing fixed.

Lu C

Lu CSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

Had my Daikin for a few years, no complaints really. But when It broke just before Christmas, it took 2 weeks to get an appointment and then the technician didn’t have the right part, had to wait and other week for the part to be installed, then they lost my booking. Was in the heat for over one month. Try to file a complaint 3 times but no one cares!!!!

Revur

RevurSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy a Daikin Air-conditioner if you leave near the coast

Diana

DianaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Adelaide daikin office closed over Christmas

philplasto

philplastoCentral West, NSW

After installing a Daikin Altherma system for my new in-slab hydronic heating system. The installer had no knowledge on how to operate the product, he spent hours on the phone to Daikin trying to acquire operating instructions. In the end I also believe this system is backward when it comes to the operating controller that came with it.
I tried personally to contact Daikin customer support but it is non-existent to the customer (me).
They should educate their product suppliers about these complicated machines.
They may have a good product but have no idea how to provide customer support for the end user.

fairynuff

fairynuffIllawarra, NSW

Buyer Beware

We purchased this split system and had it installed by a local supplier. Less than 3 years later and it's not working. Still under warranty BUT the supplier cannot repair for 3 weeks as we enter into the summer months. Apparently some form of error with the PCB???
Daikin's website in Australia goes NOWHERE.
Look at other systems and pass on Daikin products.

Lea

LeaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Appalling service

Purchased for an eatery restaurant. Installed Jan 2019, day one didn’t cool properly. Winter stopped working completely. July 2019 they say out of warranty and won’t come. Firstly pay the call out fee they’ll then come and give us a quote for repairs.

Vilya

VilyaMelbourne

Utterly delighted with customer service and with my AC unit

My Daikin air conditioner was turning itself on and then straight off. Looked around at local service people, then was told it was still under warranty, given its age. Phoned Daikin, who stepped me through how to use the remote to give an error code. I was then given instructions on what to do. When I turned the power back on, it worked straight away. Marvellous. The wonders of modern technology! This has saved me $200 at least and waiting around for a service technician. Love that equipment does self-diagnosis. Love that I can fix simple problems myself if I'm told what to do. If I ever have to replace this, my next air conditioner will be a Daikin!

alitwino

alitwino

No protection for fan motor failure causing big $$$ repair bill

Date PurchasedJun 2010
Alick

AlickTweed Heads West

Excellent support and knowhow.

I visited the electrical shops noted for the sale of air conditioners. All were willing to supply me but indicated that an outside electrician approved by them, would be required to install the unit. I phoned Daikin who assured me that there own employees would do the installation. I asked if they would inspect my location, and next day two 2 employees did an inspection and recommended a model and location and gave me a quote which I accepted. 2 days later they installed the unit with a 5 year warranty and made a first class job of it. I have now used the unit in the hot and then colder weather, and can highly recommend the results. The model is FTXS5OLVMA and was installed on the 8th. March 2018.

De1

De1Sydney

System not cooling properly and no fault can be found

Lou

Lou

Appalling Customer Service

Communication with this company when your unit breaks down while under warranty is almost impossible. After two weeks of calling them and being on hold for more than 30 mins, bounced around to different departments (only to have to keep repeating the story) I finally phoned the Queensland office and my complaint was forwarded to a manager. Even then it was 5 days until this manager gave the technician a list of parts to order. No prices. I had to chase that up by calling him again. I needed the prices because they make you pay for parts and labour up front and then you claim what they are willing to reimburse you later. I still have to navigate this part of their cruel process. Save yourself the angst, buy another brand.

Skypilot

SkypilotLaunceston

Poor quality product and after sales service

Have previously had a Daikin with poor results. Was convinced to try them again. Purchased a brand new $3000 air conditioner as above and it was faulty. First problem technicians were not allowed on a flat roof while wet in spite the sun was shining...OH&S supposedly. Finally took 2 visits to view problem. Replacement parts not readily available to installer have to go through Daikin head office. Was taking up to 4 weeks to repair in middle of winter. Threatened agent with Consumer affairs complaint and had problem fixed in 2 days.

J.S.