Listing monitored by Daikin

4.2
  • Heating / Cooling Speed

David Canberra
David CanberraCanberra

V good heating and cooling but dehumidifier really poor

I’ve had my 7.1 unit for 2 years and found it works well heating in Canberra, particularly nice with the fan on silent and the heat turned right up.Cooling is also quite good.
Dehumidifying is useless, it does nothing- I measured it and it just uses energy without lowering the humidity at all
For this reason I strongly warn this unit be avoided if you live in a humid area of Australia.

Remote is clunky, noise levels acceptable- I’ve had better and worse in the past.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, it’s ok but my last air con was better.

Purchased in April 2018.

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

Great

Purchased in May 2019 for $2,300.00.

Metz
MetzAU

Great Air Con

Been using my Daikin Q series for nearly a year now so far so good, it cools and heats the house very well, and the outside unit is super quiet.

Purchased in December 2018.

Kristen Johnson
Kristen JohnsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great unit!

Ordered this unit when our old Daikin broke. Very happy! You could immediately feel the difference! It’s very easy to operate and quiet to run. It’s the only unit in our 3-bedroom house and it does a great job of heating and cooling the whole house.

Purchased in July 2019.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW) compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

beanlanda
beanlandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerful and quiet

High quality unit, worth the price premium. Quiet and effective, easy to use. Head unit small for the output. 7kw unit was correct size for our family room, which is large with west windows.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,890.00.

lawranceMelbourne, Victoria

Efficient and ideal for large sized rooms (40 sq meters)

Date PurchasedDec 2018
krishan
krishanSydney, NSW

One of the beat brand on which you can trust.

One of the best aircon. Dakin is very good brand. I am having three dakin cora in my bedrooms so thought to go for same in my lounge room. These units comes with r32 gas which is more efficient in terms of cooling and power consumption. Both indoor and outdoor units are quiet .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055

Noisier than expected

Cools my 2 bedroom unit very well and also heats it satisfactorily but mainly only when on 25 degrees. I was told 23 degrees is the expected norm for economical heating.

It started a tick pretty much after it was installed but I ignored it and hoped it would go away. I have hearing aids so I can easily ignore or not hear it. I've just had these altered and notice now how noisy it is when you have it on full blast or anything more than 2 fans in Air Force.

I bought this model because I read it was quiet. Perhaps if you're deaf yes but if not and it's near the TV you'll be turning the TV volume up.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
MJM
MJM

Avoid this model if you live in a cold climate.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cheryl
CherylSydney

Stale/mouldy smell from Daikin airconditioners

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mike L.
Mike L.LAKE HAVEN

Very happy with new Daikin split system airconditioner

This unit replaced our 17 year old Panasonic a/c in our TV/kitchen/breakfast area. Also joins another Daikin in lounge room and further Daikin in our bedroom. It works very well. Happy with quietness and can cool area very well on these hot days. Outside unit also very quiet. Local agent Aireffect on Central Coast NSW gave excellent service and installed neatly and took all rubbish away. Very happy to recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2017

PhilipCroydon

Beautiful Performance

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Would not buy again!

This unit is noisy. It's a noise beyond the fan, a fluttering sound that varies depending on the load the unit is under. On colder nights you can hear the whiny fluttering in the next room, over the TV and the normal fan sound. I called the installer back after two or three days and he said yeah they all make that noise. So it's not just me. I've called them again (it seems to be a winter thing). It's not fan cavitation (like they are suggesting) because if it was it'd do it any season. Anyway the installer is doing everything to stay away, So I suggest you do the same.

BTW visitors have noticed the noise.

Update. The unit is now gone and a Fujitsu reverse cycle ducted system put in. Yes, more expensive but next to no noise.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Montu
MontuHobart

Amazing Heater

I have been using Daikin heatpump for the last 4 years. It is in my decent size living room. It is so easy to use, yet so powerful, it heats up the big room in few minuts. It also cool quickly. Its the product for all seasons. I would recommend is to everyone for the homes

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Carrol Casked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

How many solar panels will I need to run this aircon on a normal sunny day

Bman
Bman

Depends on the size you choose. I have the 9.4 kw unit and it draws approximately 3kw (electrical) when running flat out. These are inverters though, so they do operate at reduced rates once target temperature is acheived. If you were to install solar because you were running the air con often just install the largest you can get (usually 6.6 kw panels with 5 kw inverter)

Carrol C

Thank you Bman. I have the 7.1kw already installed and an electrician is coming in two days to quote on panels for the express purpose of powering the aircon often. However as price is an issue, I don't want to be feeding too much back in to the grid.

Ron Mcasked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

If I want to recycle the air inside the house will in cool or heat mode. What is the setting on the controller? I don't want to draw the smoke and ash into the house.

lawrance

Nearly all split system airconditioners operate in recycle mode only, with the exception of perhaps one make/model, i.e. the Daikin Ururu Sarara aka US7, which has the ability to also draw in fresh external air into the room.

Mike Kilkearyasked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

where to find user manual inverter FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

Mike Kilkeary

where to find user manual inverter FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

Try here: https://www.daikin.com.au/operation-manuals

See all Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Daikin representatives

Compare all 27 Daikin Cora
CategorySplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,690.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power7.1 kW
Heating Power8 kW
Reverse Cycle Yes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 2.5 stars