Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Room Type
    • Living/Dining Area (3)

Metin O

Metin OAU

Great Air Con

Been using my Daikin Q series for nearly a year now so far so good, it cools and heats the house very well, and the outside unit is super quiet.

Purchased in December 2018.

Home Insulation Level Good

Kristen Johnson

Kristen JohnsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great unit!

Ordered this unit when our old Daikin broke. Very happy! You could immediately feel the difference! It’s very easy to operate and quiet to run. It’s the only unit in our 3-bedroom house and it does a great job of heating and cooling the whole house.

Purchased in July 2019.

Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
beanlanda

beanlandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powerful and quiet

High quality unit, worth the price premium. Quiet and effective, easy to use. Head unit small for the output. 7kw unit was correct size for our family room, which is large with west windows.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,890.00.

Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Good
lawrance

lawranceMelbourne, Victoria

Efficient and ideal for large sized rooms (40 sq meters)

Date PurchasedDec 2018

krishan

krishanliverpool

One of the beat brand on which you can trust.

One of the best aircon. Dakin is very good brand. I am having three dakin cora in my bedrooms so thought to go for same in my lounge room. These units comes with r32 gas which is more efficient in terms of cooling and power consumption. Both indoor and outdoor units are quiet .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

JZ66

JZ66VIC, 3055

Noisier than expected

Cools my 2 bedroom unit very well and also heats it satisfactorily but mainly only when on 25 degrees. I was told 23 degrees is the expected norm for economical heating.

It started a tick pretty much after it was installed but I ignored it and hoped it would go away. I have hearing aids so I can easily ignore or not hear it. I've just had these altered and notice now how noisy it is when you have it on full blast or anything more than 2 fans in Air Force.

I bought this model because I read it was quiet. Perhaps if you're deaf yes but if not and it's near the TV you'll be turning the TV volume up.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

MJM

MJM

Avoid this model if you live in a cold climate.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cheryl

CherylSydney

Stale/mouldy smell from Daikin airconditioners

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mike L.

Mike L.LAKE HAVEN

Very happy with new Daikin split system airconditioner

This unit replaced our 17 year old Panasonic a/c in our TV/kitchen/breakfast area. Also joins another Daikin in lounge room and further Daikin in our bedroom. It works very well. Happy with quietness and can cool area very well on these hot days. Outside unit also very quiet. Local agent Aireffect on Central Coast NSW gave excellent service and installed neatly and took all rubbish away. Very happy to recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2017

PhilipCroydon

Beautiful Performance

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Would not buy again!

This unit is noisy. It's a noise beyond the fan, a fluttering sound that varies depending on the load the unit is under. On colder nights you can hear the whiny fluttering in the next room, over the TV and the normal fan sound. I called the installer back after two or three days and he said yeah they all make that noise. So it's not just me. I've called them again (it seems to be a winter thing). It's not fan cavitation (like they are suggesting) because if it was it'd do it any season. Anyway the installer is doing everything to stay away, So I suggest you do the same.

BTW visitors have noticed the noise.

Update. The unit is now gone and a Fujitsu reverse cycle ducted system put in. Yes, more expensive but next to no noise.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Montu

MontuHobart

Amazing Heater

I have been using Daikin heatpump for the last 4 years. It is in my decent size living room. It is so easy to use, yet so powerful, it heats up the big room in few minuts. It also cool quickly. Its the product for all seasons. I would recommend is to everyone for the homes

Date PurchasedJun 2013

RPritchard

RPritchardAU

Daikin lives up to its reputation

This product is quiet, efficient and has saved me a lot of money on previous gas heating. Prior positive experiences with Daikin air conditioning led me straight to this split system. No regrets in installing it.

Kerry Goldsworthy

Kerry GoldsworthyAustralia

Performance exceeds expectations

Daikin makes an exceptionally quiet but efficient unit. We already had one in our bedroom, so we considered this when looking for a replacement unit for our living area.
The salesperson made a good recommendation of the Cora unit for this large living, kitchen and dining room area.
The white internal unit looks relatively unobstrusive mounted above white french doors on the wall in this area.
Controls are very easy to use. Easy to change fan settings, heat/cool settings, angle of air and circulation.
Installation replacing old unit was also fuss free, no mess left behind by Crispair installers.
After a couple of months of use in hot weather, we are very pleased with our purchase of a quality product.

Date PurchasedNov 2016