Listing monitored by Daikin

4.2
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
David Canberra
David CanberraCanberra

V good heating and cooling but dehumidifier really poor

I’ve had my 7.1 unit for 2 years and found it works well heating in Canberra, particularly nice with the fan on silent and the heat turned right up.Cooling is also quite good.
Dehumidifying is useless, it does nothing- I measured it and it just uses energy without lowering the humidity at all
For this reason I strongly warn this unit be avoided if you live in a humid area of Australia.

Remote is clunky, noise levels acceptable- I’ve had better and worse in the past.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, it’s ok but my last air con was better.

Purchased in April 2018.

JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055

Noisier than expected

Cools my 2 bedroom unit very well and also heats it satisfactorily but mainly only when on 25 degrees. I was told 23 degrees is the expected norm for economical heating.

It started a tick pretty much after it was installed but I ignored it and hoped it would go away. I have hearing aids so I can easily ignore or not hear it. I've just had these altered and notice now how noisy it is when you have it on full blast or anything more than 2 fans in Air Force.

I bought this model because I read it was quiet. Perhaps if you're deaf yes but if not and it's near the TV you'll be turning the TV volume up.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
MJM
MJM

Avoid this model if you live in a cold climate.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Cheryl
CherylSydney

Stale/mouldy smell from Daikin airconditioners

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW) compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Would not buy again!

This unit is noisy. It's a noise beyond the fan, a fluttering sound that varies depending on the load the unit is under. On colder nights you can hear the whiny fluttering in the next room, over the TV and the normal fan sound. I called the installer back after two or three days and he said yeah they all make that noise. So it's not just me. I've called them again (it seems to be a winter thing). It's not fan cavitation (like they are suggesting) because if it was it'd do it any season. Anyway the installer is doing everything to stay away, So I suggest you do the same.

BTW visitors have noticed the noise.

Update. The unit is now gone and a Fujitsu reverse cycle ducted system put in. Yes, more expensive but next to no noise.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Carrol Casked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

How many solar panels will I need to run this aircon on a normal sunny day

Bman
Bman

Depends on the size you choose. I have the 9.4 kw unit and it draws approximately 3kw (electrical) when running flat out. These are inverters though, so they do operate at reduced rates once target temperature is acheived. If you were to install solar because you were running the air con often just install the largest you can get (usually 6.6 kw panels with 5 kw inverter)

Carrol C

Thank you Bman. I have the 7.1kw already installed and an electrician is coming in two days to quote on panels for the express purpose of powering the aircon often. However as price is an issue, I don't want to be feeding too much back in to the grid.

Ron Mcasked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

If I want to recycle the air inside the house will in cool or heat mode. What is the setting on the controller? I don't want to draw the smoke and ash into the house.

lawrance

Nearly all split system airconditioners operate in recycle mode only, with the exception of perhaps one make/model, i.e. the Daikin Ururu Sarara aka US7, which has the ability to also draw in fresh external air into the room.

Mike Kilkearyasked
Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

where to find user manual inverter FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

Mike Kilkeary

where to find user manual inverter FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)

Try here: https://www.daikin.com.au/operation-manuals

See all Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Daikin representatives

Compare all 27 Daikin Cora
CategorySplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,690.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Power7.1 kW
Heating Power8 kW
Reverse Cycle Yes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 2.5 stars