Daikin FDYQN Series

Daikin FDYQN Series

FDYQN125, FDYQN140, FDYQN180, etc...

3.3

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Raj S.

Raj S.Sydney, NSW

Pathetic Service

Its been more than a month i ordered for a Daikin 12 KW ducted AC unit paying 4000$ to the dealer. I still don't have the unit nor a confirmation on when its going to be available .

Called up customer service and sounded like they are very delighted to confirm there is no stock and have no clue about when one will be available. Very frustrating experience, I can only imagine how the after service is going to be. Wise decission time now .. 'Pulling back to find a better provider'.

Purchased for $4,000.00.

Subi manSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service

Air conditioner broke down after 10 months .Took 7 weeks to repair.....NO customer service...Was very nice when it was 32 degrees for those 7 weeks ..Wouldn't complain if it was fixed in a couple of days but 7 weeks is a bit tough

Purchased in February 2018.

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Ducted Air Conditioners

Find out how Daikin FDYQN Series compares to other Ducted Air Conditioners

Julie

JulieDarling Downs, QLD

This air conditioner has made such a difference to our lives

This air conditioner works amazingly well. The control panel is high tech however easy to use. We love the fact that we can turn it on remotely from our phones.

Purchased in January 2020 at Absolute Cool Toowoomba for $15,413.20.

Mark B.

Mark B.South East Queensland, QLD

Great air conditioner / heater

We had one of these units, with 6 zones installed in our new double story 250m2 home as it was being built, along with the Advantage Air tablet control system. Very powerful and efficient system - the Advantage Air provides individually controlled temp zones and allows us to control it from our smart phones (from anywhere). Very powerful and very quick to cool down our home (or just a single room) on a hot day. The only thing we would note is you do need at least 3 vents open at any one time - works well for us as a family, generally having at least two rooms on, but it wouldn't be possible to only use it in say a bedroom without having the living area on at the same time.

Purchased in November 2019 for $12,310.00.

Karl

KarlHunter Region, NSW

Don’t buy this if you like your neighbours!!

While this unit may provide exceptional cooling to your house, the unit produces a wonderful buzzing noise sure to drive your neighbours mad, and then Daiken will tell you there is nothing wrong. Buy an actron esp instead, buy anything other than this loud and offensive unit. It’s like living next to a 132kv transformer.

Purchased in June 2018 for $7,000.00.

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Saved us from the extreme weather!

We tried to live without air-conditioning for a long time to minimise our carbon footprint, until our baby is born last year. New parents would understand that it's hard for babies to fall asleep when it's super hot/humid.

As this is a big investment, we did our research thoroughly to ensure our decision is one that is wise and careful. We have now installed the Daikin ducted system for almost a year and I have to say we are very happy with it! It cools and heats quickly and the machine outside is fairly quiet. Having zoning saves on electricity and is more environmentally friendly too.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Daikin ducted system!

Purchased in April 2018 for $6,500.00.

LeighMid North Coast, NSW

Breakdown after one year

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mikevdz

MikevdzNew South Wales

Great air

My Daikin AC kept my house warm this winter, heating up a big living room. Power rating on the high side but if you need the house heated up, there is a cost. Great features with the standard AC but even better with the connected iZone functionality. Easy to use, Great iPad Wall panel with flexibility to manage the AC from mobile devices. Change AC requirements for each room individually.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Ducted Air Conditioners

Find out how Daikin FDYQN Series compares to other Ducted Air Conditioners

Dazza

DazzaSydney, NSW

Great air conditioner

Was advised by the person I had install my air conditioner who I had a lot of trust in that this air conditioner was the best pick of them all so on his advice I went with it and can say I am glad I took his advice. I am very happy with this one as it seems to do the job with ease and is so quiet and efficient. Would certainly be recommending Daikin to anyone I know wanting to purchase a air conditioner, love it.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
MTT

MTT

Glad to have installed when we did

Very quiet, efficient and cools very quickly. Installation was done very efficiently and professionally. Control panel simple to operate.I think its reputation as a superior brand in the market is well earned.No issue for past 4 years of heating and cooling especially in the 40-degree centigrade summer we have been experiencing.With the energy bill skyrocketing it is an expensive option but essential to comfortable living.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Stops when you need it most

I have had this sytem installed in my new house and it has given nothing but trouble.
As soon as it getss to hot or a thunder storm strikes the outdoor unit/compressor stops working.
I rang the installer and he said "it happens and YOU have to reset it outside"
Oh so I spend 13k to go outside on a 40C day and reset my AC.
I had to do it 5 times before it would work.
I think daikin are to high tech and not too highly tested. Bit in front of themselves technically.
Would I buy or recommend Daikin? No.

bcl

bclasked

FDYQN Series

I currently have a Daikin FDYQ180M (RZQ7PY1 large top discharging outdoor unit) and the buzzing from the outdoor unit is annoying - and it seems like it just always is buzzing regardless of how hard its working. I am looking to replace with the slimmer (dual side fan dischage) FDYQN180LC (outdoor unit RZQ180M) hoping it buzzes less - I can handle the noise on hot days when its working hard but not always. Does anybody have experience with the outdoor noise of these newer units? Looking at Karl's comments above seems to note its still very loud.

B.B.James

B.B.Jamesasked

FDYQN Series

We have just had a Daikin ducted system installed with 4 zones. I was told that free air flow was important - I was also told that closing all doors in a zone could blow the ducting off because of back-pressure. I have accidentally closed the doors and found the pressure quite strong. So, we slept with the doors slightly open to allow the air to circulate. Is this necessary?

Chris

I don't know. I m not a technician. Just an owner of one of these units. Sorry I can't help.

Subi man

Im not a Teck but if there is a pressure when you close the door worst case is it pops the ducting off , fairly unlikely but it does happen...Just have to leave the door a little ajar...

inxs

inxsasked

FDYQN Series

Not really a question but a statement on reviews.
The accuracy of ratings of a particular device is not helped by people complaining about installers or not receiving the device in time.
That is not a fault of unit, t's a problem with your installer. The device may be very good.
Rate the installer on google or somewhere else, not the device. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Daikin representatives

Compare all 8 Daikin FDYQN Series
Daikin FDYQN200

Daikin FDYQN200

No reviews yet
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $5,076.00$6,019.00$3,865.00$4,445.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power14 kW20 kW10 kW12.5 kW
Heating Power16.5 kW22.4 kW12.5 kW15 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNoNo
Auto Restart FunctionYesYesYesYes
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 360 x 1498 x 899 mm500 x 1430 x 970 mm360 x 1157 x 899 mm360 x 1498 x 899 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 1430 x 940 x 320 mm1680 x 930 x 765 mm990 x 940 x 320 mm1170 x 900 x 320 mm
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level48.5 dB44 dB44 dB45 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level56 dB57 dB53 dB53 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling-5 to +46-5 to +43-5 to +46-5 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +16-20 to +16-15 to +16-15 to +16
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare all 8 Daikin FDYQN Series