Daikin FDYQN Series

Daikin FDYQN Series

FDYQN71, FDYQN100, FDYQN125, FDYQN140, FDYQN160 and 3 more

See the Best Ducted Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Karl

KarlHunter Region, NSW

Don’t buy this if you like your neighbours!!

While this unit may provide exceptional cooling to your house, the unit produces a wonderful buzzing noise sure to drive your neighbours mad, and then Daiken will tell you there is nothing wrong. Buy an actron esp instead, buy anything other than this loud and offensive unit. It’s like living next to a 132kv transformer.

Purchased in June 2018 for $7,000.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Whole House

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Saved us from the extreme weather!

We tried to live without air-conditioning for a long time to minimise our carbon footprint, until our baby is born last year. New parents would understand that it's hard for babies to fall asleep when it's super hot/humid.

As this is a big investment, we did our research thoroughly to ensure our decision is one that is wise and careful. We have now installed the Daikin ducted system for almost a year and I have to say we are very happy with it! It cools and heats quickly and the machine outside is fairly quiet. Having zoning saves on electricity and is more environmentally friendly too.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Daikin ducted system!

Purchased in April 2018 for $6,500.00.

Noise Level

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mikevdz

MikevdzNew South Wales

Great air

My Daikin AC kept my house warm this winter, heating up a big living room. Power rating on the high side but if you need the house heated up, there is a cost. Great features with the standard AC but even better with the connected iZone functionality. Easy to use, Great iPad Wall panel with flexibility to manage the AC from mobile devices. Change AC requirements for each room individually.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

DazzaSydney, NSW

Great air conditioner

Was advised by the person I had install my air conditioner who I had a lot of trust in that this air conditioner was the best pick of them all so on his advice I went with it and can say I am glad I took his advice. I am very happy with this one as it seems to do the job with ease and is so quiet and efficient. Would certainly be recommending Daikin to anyone I know wanting to purchase a air conditioner, love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

MTT

Glad to have installed when we did

Very quiet, efficient and cools very quickly. Installation was done very efficiently and professionally. Control panel simple to operate.I think its reputation as a superior brand in the market is well earned.No issue for past 4 years of heating and cooling especially in the 40-degree centigrade summer we have been experiencing.With the energy bill skyrocketing it is an expensive option but essential to comfortable living.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Stops when you need it most

I have had this sytem installed in my new house and it has given nothing but trouble.
As soon as it getss to hot or a thunder storm strikes the outdoor unit/compressor stops working.
I rang the installer and he said "it happens and YOU have to reset it outside"
Oh so I spend 13k to go outside on a 40C day and reset my AC.
I had to do it 5 times before it would work.
I think daikin are to high tech and not too highly tested. Bit in front of themselves technically.
Would I buy or recommend Daikin? No.

Samasked

What are the noise levels of the outdoor unit like? I'm thinking of getting the FDYQN160 but don't want it to be loud enough to bother the neighbours.

Leigh

Our outdoor unit is situated directly outside our kitchen window and the sound from it has never really been a problem. It is certainly not loud. As we live in the country the unit faces out onto shrubbery and small trees so there are no hard surfaces to reflect sound (if you live in the city, for example, and neighbours are close and there are plenty of concrete walls, hard fences, etc). Even still, the two fans don't seem to make much sound.
I should also point out that the unit did break down in the first year and the problem was a faulty printed circuit board but it was replaced quickly and efficiently.
The whole system cools the house very well in out hot summers but is not so good at heating in the winter.
However, we are generally very happy with it and sound has never been a real problem.

Sam

Thanks for the thorough answer, Leigh!

Lloyd

Lloydasked

FDYQN100

Please advise the dimensions of this ceiling-mounted unit together with the external unit? Also the unit component weights.
Thanks.

MTT

Hey I am a consumer like you so I don't know those technical answers. Sorry .Should direct tho se to a Daikin sales person. Try perhaps AGL show room staff?

Ken

Kenasked

FDYQN125

For a 197sq meter house will these specs be sufficient?
Heat 15.0kW
Cooling 12.5kW

MTT

Ken, I think it's best to ring the Daikin people or some other company and ask those sort of questions as there are guidelines as to size and capacity. Furthermore if its gas heating, for safety reasons as well, professional recommendation is important. I was told years ago that there is always some portion of unburnt gas which needs to escape from the room for health reasons.Hence over sized heater is contra indicated.

Dazza

Ken I’m sorry I’m unable to answer your question as I think the best way to go about it is to get two installers to give a quote and see hat they both suggest this is the way I went about it and they both suggested 10kw and to play it safe I said I want to go to the next size which was 12.5kw and went with the guy I thought most confident with and as it turned out he was fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. In the first place I tried getting information from Daikin but they don’t give any recommendations as they said every situation is different. Hope this information is helpful Ken, good luck

Get an answer from our members and Daikin representatives

Daikin FDYQN140

Daikin FDYQN250

Daikin FDYQN250

Daikin FDYQN71

Daikin FDYQN71

CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $5,076$6,019$3,865$4,445$5,759$5,834$7,325$3,194
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Capacity14 kW20 kW10 kW12.5 kW15.5 kW18 kW23.5 kW7.1 kW
Heating Capacity 16.5 kW22.4 kW12.5 kW15 kW18 kW20 kW26.8 kW7.5 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning) NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Auto Restart Function YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 360 x 1498 x 899 mm500 x 1430 x 970 mm360 x 1157 x 899 mm360 x 1498 x 899 mm360 x 1498 x 899 mm500 x 1230 x 970 mm500 x 1430 x 970 mm300 x 1090 x 863 mm
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 1430 x 940 x 320 mm1680 x 930 x 765 mm990 x 940 x 320 mm1170 x 900 x 320 mm1430 x 940 x 320 mm1680 x 930 x 765 mm1680 x 930 x 765 mm770 x 900 x 320 mm
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level48.5 dB44 dB44 dB45 dB50.5 dB45.5 dB49.5 dB41 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level56 dB57 dB53 dB53 dB59 dB57 dB58 dB51 dB
Operating Temperature for Cooling -5 to +46-5 to +43-5 to +46-5 to +46-5 to +46-5 to +43-5 to +43-5 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating -15 to +16-20 to +16-15 to +16-15 to +16-15 to +16-20 to +16-20 to +16-15 to +16
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)