Daikin FDYQN Series

Daikin FDYQN Series

FDYQN71, FDYQN100, FDYQN125, FDYQN140, FDYQN160 and 3 more

See the Best Ducted Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don’t buy this if you like your neighbours!!

While this unit may provide exceptional cooling to your house, the unit produces a wonderful buzzing noise sure to drive your neighbours mad, and then Daiken will tell you there is nothing wrong. Buy an actron esp instead, buy anything other than this loud and offensive unit. It’s like living next to a 132kv transformer.

Purchased in June 2018 for $7,000.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Whole House

Saved us from the extreme weather!

We tried to live without air-conditioning for a long time to minimise our carbon footprint, until our baby is born last year. New parents would understand that it's hard for babies to fall asleep when it's super hot/humid.

As this is a big investment, we did our research thoroughly to ensure our decision is one that is wise and careful. We have now installed the Daikin ducted system for almost a year and I have to say we are very happy with it! It cools and heats quickly and the machine outside is fairly quiet. Having zoning saves on electricity and is more environmentally friendly too.

Overall, we would highly recommend the Daikin ducted system!

Purchased in April 2018 for $6,500.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Whole House

Breakdown after one year

Had a Daikin FDYQN125L ducted air conditioning system installed just over one year ago and had been very happy with its cooling (excellent) and heating (okay but not fantastic) until recently when it just stopped working. Error code and technician said it was a problem with the inside and outside printed circuit boards (PCB) not communicating properly. Have had to survive in sweltering heat for two weeks over Xmas and New Year. All staff have been friendly and professional but they can't make up for faulty equipment. Not a good recommendation for Daikin products, especially as it cost us almost $10,000. The unit failed on December 18 (when we notified the installer) and it is now January 3. Yes, it is the Xmas/New Year period and staff levels are no doubt low at Daikin spare parts department, but a one year old product just shouldn’t fail if it is fit for service. Not happy. Friends in same area had exactly the same problem with exactly the same unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Almost three weeks later and our Daikin ducted air conditioning system (reviewed above) has been repaired today and, so far, is working well. Two components on one of the printed circuit boards were burnt out. Our installer comoany did a good job of finding the problem and fixing it, especially as it was the Xmas/New Year holiday period. The admin staff and, in particular, the repair guy were very helpful and efficient, particularly the latter who had to endure several tortuous visits into our blazing hot roof cavity. So, kudos to them and the company for fixing the problem. But no kudos to Daikin who had obviously supplied them with faulty PCBs which failed in little more than one year. So, we would recommend the installer but not the product.

Great air

My Daikin AC kept my house warm this winter, heating up a big living room. Power rating on the high side but if you need the house heated up, there is a cost. Great features with the standard AC but even better with the connected iZone functionality. Easy to use, Great iPad Wall panel with flexibility to manage the AC from mobile devices. Change AC requirements for each room individually.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great air conditioner

Was advised by the person I had install my air conditioner who I had a lot of trust in that this air conditioner was the best pick of them all so on his advice I went with it and can say I am glad I took his advice. I am very happy with this one as it seems to do the job with ease and is so quiet and efficient. Would certainly be recommending Daikin to anyone I know wanting to purchase a air conditioner, love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Glad to have installed when we did

Very quiet, efficient and cools very quickly. Installation was done very efficiently and professionally. Control panel simple to operate.I think its reputation as a superior brand in the market is well earned.No issue for past 4 years of heating and cooling especially in the 40-degree centigrade summer we have been experiencing.With the energy bill skyrocketing it is an expensive option but essential to comfortable living.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Stops when you need it most

I have had this sytem installed in my new house and it has given nothing but trouble.
As soon as it getss to hot or a thunder storm strikes the outdoor unit/compressor stops working.
I rang the installer and he said "it happens and YOU have to reset it outside"
Oh so I spend 13k to go outside on a 40C day and reset my AC.
I had to do it 5 times before it would work.
I think daikin are to high tech and not too highly tested. Bit in front of themselves technically.
Would I buy or recommend Daikin? No.

Please advise the dimensions of this ceiling-mounted unit together with the external unit? Also the unit component weights. Thanks.
Hey I am a consumer like you so I don't know those technical answers. Sorry .Should direct tho se to a Daikin sales person. Try perhaps AGL show room staff?

For a 197sq meter house will these specs be sufficient? Heat 15.0kW Cooling 12.5kW
Ken, I think it's best to ring the Daikin people or some other company and ask those sort of questions as there are guidelines as to size and capacity. Furthermore if its gas heating, for safety reasons as well, professional recommendation is important. I was told years ago that there is always some portion of unburnt gas which needs to escape from the room for health reasons.Hence over sized heater is contra indicated.Ken I’m sorry I’m unable to answer your question as I think the best way to go about it is to get two installers to give a quote and see hat they both suggest this is the way I went about it and they both suggested 10kw and to play it safe I said I want to go to the next size which was 12.5kw and went with the guy I thought most confident with and as it turned out he was fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. In the first place I tried getting information from Daikin but they don’t give any recommendations as they said every situation is different. Hope this information is helpful Ken, good luck

Daikin FDYQN140Daikin FDYQN200Daikin FDYQN100Daikin FDYQN125Daikin FDYQN160Daikin FDYQN180Daikin FDYQN250Daikin FDYQN71
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Indoor Unit Height360mm500mm360mm360mm360mm500mm500mm360mm