Daikin

Daikin

1.8

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (17)
John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

QUICK ACTION

Daikin was very quick to send a technician out to rectify the problem. I dont if they actioned this quickly due to my social media post.But it has been fixed. So I hope now there customer service staff listen to what customer is saying and grade the issue and escalate to someone that can fix the problem. I have requested a extended warranty due to the fault coming from The Daikin factory . I am yet to hear back from their Supervisor.

Winnie

Daikin Reverse cycle unit turns ON by itself

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting 2 months for warrantee repairs

Don’t bother. Fell apart after less than 2 years . Unable to get part . 2 months into summer and still nothing and long long waits on phone only to be told “we will ring you” but never do. Terrible service , looking for replacement

Brett B.

Brett B.Sydney, NSW

DAIKIN RZQ180MY1

We had the latest model ducted from Daikin installed, the outdoor unit failed miserably within a month of install, and now it seems a replacement of all 4 PCB boards is needed along with fans, Daikin is super slow getting parts out to fix the issue, 7 days so far and counting and the parts haven't arrived yet. For a brand new unit I have to say its super disappointing, especially when after dropping 12k on everything we had to go out and buy a portable unit to try and help.

3 weeks old and stops working RZQ180MY1

NH

NHHunter Region, NSW

Pathetic warranty replacement service

I have a Daikin split system which has 4 cracks in the drip collection tray. The unit is still under warranty (4 yrs old). My supplier ordered the part from Daikin and was told 7 - 10 days. Today I was told the part wouldn't be in Aus until end of Jan! What the? How can a multi national company NOT get replacement parts in to Aus for another 6 weeks? I spoke directly to Daikins service dept and they couldn't offer a solution. I suggested that instead of putting the freight on a boat maybe consider airfreight for Warranty replacement parts. Its totally unreasonable to make their customers wait 6 weeks before having the air con working again. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

Dirt

DirtVic

No wifi

Not exactly one of the cheapest units out there, the Alira 8.5kw doesn't come with wired or wireless control. Totally bizarre you would have to buy that part separately.

kratov

kratovSydney, NSW

controller a disaster.

my new apartment came with a ducted daikin aircon. astonishingly people cannot save cool/heat settings. if I want cool at 18 degrees and after select 30 for heat, the cool side of it also changes to 30.
after much research by daikin I was told that is the way it is from factory.
I said to them, perhaps 100 years ago that was acceptable but nowadays people/users/customers must be able to set the temperature we want. why do we have to change settings all the time.
very poor from the designers, the manufacturers.
I do not blame daikin people here, they are not the designers, they are not the manufacturers. I blame the japanese in japan. no wonder japan is in decadence.

Mrs Shwezza

Mrs ShwezzaSydney, NSW

Thinking Daikin? Think Again!

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Part Service Unhelpful

We have a Daikin RZQ71LV1 which works well but the condensation pours onto the deck. I have been trying to find out if there are drain plugs I can buy to take the water away. I contacted the Australian Daikin Parts who would not answer the question or advise options. They directed me to there suppliers list which I am trying to make contact with.
If after sales mattered the maybe they could have advise a Yes/No if a part existed or maybe even provided the part number. Will now buy Daikin again.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lowest cost to run great source of heat

Split system heaters are heat pumps which use a minimum of power for the maximum output. Having the main system outside and in effect the fan on the wall means they save space. Split systems also are better for airconditioning. We have found that we get about 10 years out of a system (we have several) so although expensive initially save costs over the longer term

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

continuous troubles with Daikin ducted air conditioning

One major failure during warranty period. Just after warranty expired, U4, U0-04, and E4 errors kept popping out one after another during 6 weeks. One of the Daikin dealers can not even keep up with such fast-paced error producing - 3 visits with nothing fixed.

Lu C

Lu CSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

Had my Daikin for a few years, no complaints really. But when It broke just before Christmas, it took 2 weeks to get an appointment and then the technician didn’t have the right part, had to wait and other week for the part to be installed, then they lost my booking. Was in the heat for over one month. Try to file a complaint 3 times but no one cares!!!!

philplasto

philplastoCentral West, NSW

After installing a Daikin Altherma system for my new in-slab hydronic heating system. The installer had no knowledge on how to operate the product, he spent hours on the phone to Daikin trying to acquire operating instructions. In the end I also believe this system is backward when it comes to the operating controller that came with it.
I tried personally to contact Daikin customer support but it is non-existent to the customer (me).
They should educate their product suppliers about these complicated machines.
They may have a good product but have no idea how to provide customer support for the end user.

fairynuff

fairynuffIllawarra, NSW

Buyer Beware

We purchased this split system and had it installed by a local supplier. Less than 3 years later and it's not working. Still under warranty BUT the supplier cannot repair for 3 weeks as we enter into the summer months. Apparently some form of error with the PCB???
Daikin's website in Australia goes NOWHERE.
Look at other systems and pass on Daikin products.

Vilya

VilyaMelbourne

Utterly delighted with customer service and with my AC unit

My Daikin air conditioner was turning itself on and then straight off. Looked around at local service people, then was told it was still under warranty, given its age. Phoned Daikin, who stepped me through how to use the remote to give an error code. I was then given instructions on what to do. When I turned the power back on, it worked straight away. Marvellous. The wonders of modern technology! This has saved me $200 at least and waiting around for a service technician. Love that equipment does self-diagnosis. Love that I can fix simple problems myself if I'm told what to do. If I ever have to replace this, my next air conditioner will be a Daikin!