Dale Alcock Homes Perth

Dale Alcock Homes Perth Questions & Answers

Verifieddalealcock.com.au
Kaiti Mills-Piper
Kaiti Mills-Piper

Hi team, we are due to settle on a house next Friday that’s had Dales out yesterday to do an inspection on the roof as it came back with inadequate roof tie downs in the building inspection. House was built in 2009 with original owner selling it. We will be second owners. Yet to get the report however I've been verbally told it will be getting fixed however if we settle on the property before being fixed will that be ok? As 2nd owners whats our warranty?

Alicia G.

I need to put a claim as I am well below the 24 years structural problems. Less than 7 years and issues continue to arise. Who do I contact, please?

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hello Alicia, can you please send us your address or job number and we will get our maintenance company, Home Assist, to contact you.

Simon T.
Simon T.

Hi Dale Alcock Homes ,Ihave just purchased and have my title registered with my house on last 30/11/2022. According to the record given by the Cockburn City Council, m house was built by Dale Alcock Homes with a building permit in 2009. Now, how many years of building warranty am I eligible for ? BTW, how could I register my ownership with your company then? My email : pingpongtai@yahoo.com.hk Thanks...Simon Tai (on 7 June 2023)

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Simon, Thanks for reaching out. Congratulations on your new home! If you have any queries regarding the warranties in your Dale Alcock home, do not hestiate to reach out to our maintenance and warranties team, Home Assist: info@homeassist.com.au

Kevin B.
Kevin B.

When did you start offering the 25 year structural warranty? What year?

Andrew Bourke
Andrew Bourke

You will have to ask Dale Alcock Homes that question, which is not me.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the question, we've offered our 25 year structural warranty since 2006.

Jessica

Alicia G.

Good to know. I only built less than 7 years ago and home is falling apart. Who do I contact?

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Alicia, please contact our team at Home Assist who will be able to discuss with you any issues. HomeAssistAfterCareConsultantsDL@homeassist.com.au

Richelle
Richelle

I built my home in 2009 and still live in it. One of the rear rooms has bad cracking in the cornice and wall above the window and the window frame is hard to open and close to the point where the frame is not square and the glass has 'moved'. This is covered under the 25-year structural warranty? regards Richelle

nin42
nin42

Good luck with your claim.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hello Richelle, thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please email your home address/job number and photos to this email address: service@homeassist.com.au

Our team at Home Assist will be able to help you with this matter.

Celeste

Hi Dale Alcock Maintenance team,

I have been in touch with your service team via email regarding the cracking tiles but I didn't not receive any response . I follow up with phone call but my call was forwarded to voice messages.

Can you please get your team to touch base with me ?

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Amanda, Sorry to hear nobody has been in touch. Could you please provide me with your address and email? Thank you, Abbey

Thanks for you reply .
My property address 14 Warru Gdns Success Wa 6164 - Job 23726

My email amanda_5202@hotmail.com

Michael S.

Finished the house in october 2020. And lots of cracks, scratches, and other defect thing. And until now I ask for you to come and visit onsite and see it for yourself. But until now nobody dare to come and talk and fix the defects? Is this how Dale Alcock who won alot of award treat their customers?

Michael S.

The contract said to provide Aircon to suit the size of the house. What we get is aircon system that only can be used for half the house, either bedrooms or living room. Dale Alcock said it is our fault that we did not ask the detail about the aircon since beginning. Any opinion regarding this issues? I hope others will not get tricked by this tricky contract!

Michael S.

Just had a phone call with Jeremy. He said that for Delano house, Dale Alcock supplies aircon only half of the required capacity for the whole house to all their customers. That is their standard.

I wonder is that true? Or Am I the only one who got tricked by the contract that says Dale Alcock will supply aircon that suit the house but what they mean is only half the house capacity?

Sim W.
Sim W.

I built with Dale Alcock in 2016 and the house handed to me then. Its been almost 5 years now since moving in and while cracks in cornices and walls were rectified after 6 months of moving in, these have reappeared once more and it appears to be worse now. The drive way is also sinking in different parts and a previous repair had shown that the rain water discharge PVC pipe running under it was cracked - and I don't even park on the drive way. The sinking drive way is a concern and is likely to worsen. Is Dale Alcock going to take a look at this and repair the driveway (as well as cornice cracks etc) at no charge or able to do it at a subsidised rate?

Rose G
Rose G

Hi i purchased my home in 2009 being the 2nd owner. The home was built in 2007 in Baldivis WA....after a few months living in the home cracks in and along the walls and ceiling corners and in the master bedroom in the middle of the ceiling a nail is coming thru the ceiling....i had friendly advise from homeowners in my area that the cracks migbt be from all the new home buildings being built and the viberations of them being built are causing this and still is .....my opinion thats alot of crock i think its Dale Alcocks not so honest tradesmans that have used cheaper materials.....please Dale Alcock prove me wrong and fix this ...i loved my home when i brought it i still love it but the damages to my home should never have happened or be happening still today.....Dale Alcock please contact me 0409937415 to rectify this disaster happening in my home.

Kind regards
Rose Graham.

John
John

Same problem with this Dale Alcock Home I've just sold. Cracks in walls, cornices, sagging ceilings.

They will likely tell you the same as they told me. Because you are not the original owner they will only warranty you for six years after you bought it. So your warranty ended in 2015. Dale Alcock Homes basically warranties the original owner for 24 years. They dont warranty their workmanship for 24 years.

You should probably check if your roof has collar ties in it too... mine didn't, and that isn't going to help the crack and ceiling problems.

Good luck...

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Rose, We are sorry to hear this. I have passed this and your contact details onto our Building Manager. Thanks, Megan

Shane

I have an older friend who purchased a Dale Alcock home in 2000 , he is the second owner ( built in 1995 ) . The roof has dropped , with the inside top of the master bedroom pushed out of plumb . Took a few pictures showing a large gap between the ridge capping and the tiles . A picture showing a Jack Prop holding a section of the roof up internally . It appears to me that the roof is dangerous and may collapse . Would like some advise here on this one ?
Have a nice day .....Shane

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Shane, If your friend could give us their best contact details our building manager can be in touch to organise an inspection and provide them with some direction.

Thanks Megan

Dale T
Dale T

Hi, I built with Dale Alcock homes in 2011 and have cracking running along the cornice join to wall and also continuing to run down the wall, every room has substantial cracking and large pieces of gyp rock have fallen out exposing the brick behind it, some cornice has cracked through badly also, it looks like the roof has moved exposing where the gyprock line finishes from time of home handover. After paying for the house to be painted this will have to be re-done when cracks are repaired due to the
sheer number of cracks requiring repair. I would like to know if Dale Alcock are responsible for repairing these issues under warranty and also inspecting roof movement as the root cause of cracking issues??

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Dale, Thanks for getting in touch. Could you please message us with your best contact details so someone from our team can be in touch?
Thanks in advance,

Sonia

Our home was finished in 2015 and we also have extensive cracks on walls and ceilings in nearly every room of our home. As well as cracked tiles and substantial fittings that show tarnishing that cannot be cleaned.on reading the latest reviews, Dale Alcock must have picked his game up after our home because the finishes and even the way the hand over was done can only be described as unprofessional. After trying to rectify certain issues that have just returned, we were left emotionally drained from all the changing management and different trades tracing through the house months after we moved in. We thought we were getting a good builder to build our house in Coogee, so we did not go to a cheaper builder. Turns out Dale Alcock at that time were just like a cheaper builder with some of the tradesmen being very slack and site managers that did not check jobs effectively.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Sonia, Could you please message us with your best contact details so someone can be in touch today?

Lianne Lee
Lianne Lee

We have had the same thing too. Massive cracks through the cornices and cracks all the way down the wall, through the tiles! We built in 2013 and it has been like this for years. We went with Dale Alcock too, wanting the best but feel a little disappointed there’s so much to fix.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Lianne, Nena will be in contact with you regarding your concerns.
Many Thanks,

HI there,
I have just purchase a property in Pearsall (we are the second owner). We have had a building inspector and a ceiling fixer come out to the house and have been advised by both that the ceilings through out the house have sagged and the bad glue (purple in colour) that DAH used in the past has failed (apparently this is a common occurance). In some areas there is nothing holding up the ceiling other than the cornice!

They have also advised that it is so bad in the master bedroom that they don't believe it is safe to sleep in that room and is actually dangerous.

Can someone please contact me to advise on what Dale Alcock Homes are wiling to do with this situation?

Thank you.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Christian, Thanks for getting touch, can you please provide us with your best contact number and I will have a member of our team get in touch with you.

Natalie A.
Natalie A.

We are the second owner of a 2003 Dale alcock home. We have structural concerns with the steel poles around the perimeter which go straight into the ground. At installation they mustn't have been correctly protected and now they are rusting through. Are we eligible for warranty claims? Thanks

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Natalie, Thanks for getting in touch. Could you please leave me your best contact detail and I will get a member of our team to be in touch.

Hayley
Hayley

Hi We built our Dale Alcock home in 2007 and have recently had to replace both bathrooms due to numerous cracks...There are cracks in most cornices throughout the home now including the join of the raked ceilings. I was told the home had a lifetime structural guarantee so where do we stand now with having them fixed? Regards Hayley

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Hayley, Thank you for your question. Could you please provide your best contact details and our team will be in touch to arrange an inspection. Or please call on 9242 9200 and ask for Service.
Let me know if I can help further.

D.Brown
D.Brown

I recently viewed the Wedgwood display home in Landsdale and would be very grateful if you could tell me what the colour and brand of the feature face bricks on the front exterior are?

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Good Morning, Thanks for visiting the Wedgwood!
The contrasting face brickwork to the front elevation is the Austral Bowral 50 Gertrudis Brown.
Let me know if we can help further.
Warm Regards, Abbey

Thanks for response.

We are still the original owner but have problems with our ceilings (gyprock) and wanted to know if ceiling are part of "structural timber".

Initially, we had problems with our ceiling (portico) in Year 2013 as it was not completed to "industry specifications" as per my RAC, who is my home insurer. Dale Alcock came out and agreed to RAC's findings and repaired it.

Now on 4th May 2019, we noticed, the ceiling in my kitchen/living area are sagging and a few big cracks. Reported to my home insurer (RAC) and they performed "make safe" to these areas. Then RAC advised me that they will not pay for the "insurance claim" as “damage to the open plan ceiling is due to glue and screw failure, which has resulted in cracking and sagging on the ceiling sheets”. I have forwarded a copy of the report to Emma Bell from Dale Alcock.

I have emailed/spoken to Dale Alcock (Emma Bell) since 15th May, who has been so responsive and prompt in her replies. She requested Ceiling Solutions to come to my premises for an inspection.

Adam from Ceiling Solutions came out on Thursday (16th May 2019) and viewed my property for the ceiling damages. He said that of all the cases he has, my property is an “urgent case” and will submit a report to Dale Alcock on Friday (17th May 2019).

Adam also noted that besides the kitchen and living area which has sunk badly (due to glue and screw failure), there also other parts of the house where the ceiling is sinking too (my son’s room, games room and both bathrooms) by approximately 50mm.

Emma received the report from Ceiling Solution on 23rd May 2019 and advised me that her manager will call me to discuss. I emailed Emma on 27th May 2019 and she advised me that her "manager is currently in a meeting however I have touched base with him and he will call you once he is available".

Until now I have not received any calls from Dale Alcock yet!!!!

In the meantime, I have also updated Emma Bell that since Adam from Ceiling Solutions came out for an inspection, there's further damage to the ceiling.

21st May 2019 - Noticed another light in the kitchen is not working. The crack is getting longer (another 3 inches) and bigger. It is also has sunk further and another hole is visible in the ceiling (screw coming off the gyprock).

25th May 2019 - Another screw in the kitchen ceiling came off on Saturday and the crack has increased further another 1 inch (longer). It is getting dangerous.

As of now (29th May 2019), no call from Dale Alcock yet?

Please advise as it is getting dangerous as the ceiling may fall down on someone? Or alternative , please suggest someone I can call from Dale Alcock.

Thanks.

Arul

Arul R.

What's covered by 25 years structural timber and structural brickwork? Thanks.

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Thank you for your enquiry, I can confirm that our 25 year Structural Warranty covers the following only and is applicable to the original owner of the home only. Should the home be on sold then the Structural Warranty reverts to the legislative 6 year structural warranty effective from the original completion date.

- Structural Brickwork
- Concrete Slab
- Structural roof timers

Let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

Warm Regards,

Thanks for response.

Until now I have not received any calls from Dale Alcock yet!!!!

As of now (29th May 2019), no call from Dale Alcock yet?

Thanks.

Arul

Tony
Tony

Why did Dale Alcock homes use Polystyrene Cornices ?
Now very expensive to replace

Russ
Russ

Hi we have just purchased a dale Alcock home which is around 12/13 years. We haven’t got any plans of the property is there any chance we are able to retrieve the property information at all ?

Dale Alcock Homes   DM

Hi Russ, Thanks for getting in touch. Could you please private message us or email enquiries@dalealcock.com.au your address and contact information and we can look this up in our system for you.

Taylor