Listing monitored by Dale Alcock Homes

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring
BevanWestern Australia

Cracks in walls, cornices and ceiling.

We built with dale Alcock just over 5 years ago and a number of cracks open up in all area a short time there were fixed at the 6 mth but what was the point as the all have reopened and gotten worse plus most of the stuff the inspector pointed were determined not important by the guys doing the repair so ignored.

Now we have crack in most door frame surrounds, hallway ceiling and areas of cornines when I call and asked if they were covered by any warranty as they were all original repaired I was told no as they were part of general wear not to sure how I am wearing the ceiling and wall but what we’ve excuse you can come up with I guess.

Not happy with customer services at all

Structural Integrity

Hi Bevan,
I believe our building manager has been in touch with you. We will continue to work through these issues with you.
Abbey

Bevan

That would be incorrect I provided my email as request and received no reply

Poor workmanship

Lack of consitant professional site supervision during the build resulted in a number of issues during the build that were only picked up by hiring my own building inspector, items including but not limited to structural roof timbers missing and overall lack of quality workmanship, this has resulted in ongoing call outs and repairs which they have followed through with but is still disheartening.

Site Admin

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

Custom Build, some bumps in the road, now a brick wall

Site Admin

Hi Peter and Taylar,
Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us! We appreciate any feedback and I will be sure to pass that on. I am loving your home design and look forward to seeing it in real life in the coming months!
Abbey

Roland

Meh... Building is just like any other... But Expensive!

Construction End DateDec 2015

Hoger
HogerPerth, WA

The voice of a few doesn't represent the voice of many.

My experience with Dale Alcock started off pretty well but a few hiccups made it an unpleasant one. While some areas of my Dales experience could have been better, I must commend their dispute resolution process. After an escalation I saw what contributes to Dales good reputation, I saw genuine care from the higher ups and reached a resolution within 24 hours so now I guess time will tell. I cannot comment on the build as I didn't get that far but Dales is still one of my preferred builders and have a reputation for build quality.

Construction End DateFeb 2018

Hi Hoger,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience and for working with us to reach a resolution. Wishing you all the best.
Taylor

Build was fantastic. Presales and subdivision were not.

Construction End DateJuly 2017

Hi Ram
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have been made aware our General Manager has been in contact with you to discuss your concerns. Wishing you all the best in your new home.
Sally

Penny KirbyAveley

Disappointed

Construction End DateSept 2007

Hi Penny,
Thank you for getting in touch. We have been made aware our building manager has been in contact with you and will be meeting with you this week.
The Dale Alcock Team.

Penny Kirby

The Building Manager has made contact and Jason Windows have now fixed the major concerns I had with the door to the alfresco. Thankyou to both Dale Alcock and Jason Windows.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder
Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you
The Home Builder Awards For 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
jasper88Perth, WA

Dale Alcock know how to design but actual building a home is not of high standard

BRK28Bunbury

Good Process, Not the best result

From Design through to hand over it was a great process, well organised and great customer service,

Once the build was finished our bathroom tiles had to be chipped up as they had lips and sharp edges due to the porcelain tiles being laid wrong,

Our roof hasn't stopped leaking which has caused a part of our ceiling in one our bathrooms needing replacement, the roof is still leaking after attempted repairs were made by the Dales maintenance team.

Overall not a bad builder but for the price they charge compared to other builders everything should be smooth sailing and be finished without defects.

BRK28

Thank you for the reply, we have decided to source a local contractor to make the repairs.

Find out how Dale Alcock Homes compares to other Home Builders

Average builder, very slow to fix

Michele
Micheleclaremont

Bad After Care Service

Our Dale Home alpine villa advantage

Stu
StuBaldivis

Rollercoaster Ride

FlySpray

High quality build but inflexible, poor communication & stressful

Terry
TerryPerth

First Building Experience

Pre-sales was fantastic, the consultant is very knowledgeable, patient and assist a lot with the house design. Workmanship and build quality is ok but I am expecting a lot more from Dale Alcock.

Overall experience was good except for few things that can be improve:
- I had 3 client liaison throughout the building process and everyone seems to handle things differently
- Some rubbish on the site which haven't been clean
- Electrical plans could be a lot better. Consultant wasn't too knowledgeable in this area and end up with a lot of switches in inconvenience place. I end up have to spend thousands to redesigned the whole plan.

Amanda Yee asked

Hi Dale Alcock Maintenance team,

I have been in touch with your service team via email regarding the cracking tiles but I didn't not receive any response . I follow up with phone call but my call was forwarded to voice messages.

Can you please get your team to touch base with me ?

Hi Amanda,
Sorry to hear nobody has been in touch. Could you please provide me with your address and email? Thank you, Abbey

Hi Abbey,

Thanks for you reply .
My property address 14 Warru Gdns Success Wa 6164 - Job 23726

My email amanda_5202@hotmail.com

Michael S.asked

Finished the house in october 2020. And lots of cracks, scratches, and other defect thing. And until now I ask for you to come and visit onsite and see it for yourself. But until now nobody dare to come and talk and fix the defects? Is this how Dale Alcock who won alot of award treat their customers?

Michael S.asked

The contract said to provide Aircon to suit the size of the house. What we get is aircon system that only can be used for half the house, either bedrooms or living room. Dale Alcock said it is our fault that we did not ask the detail about the aircon since beginning. Any opinion regarding this issues? I hope others will not get tricked by this tricky contract!

Michael S.

Just had a phone call with Jeremy. He said that for Delano house, Dale Alcock supplies aircon only half of the required capacity for the whole house to all their customers. That is their standard.

I wonder is that true? Or Am I the only one who got tricked by the contract that says Dale Alcock will supply aircon that suit the house but what they mean is only half the house capacity?

Get an answer from our members and Dale Alcock Homes representatives