Darbecca (page 2 of 4)

NCEW

NCEWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Put Darbecca on the top of your list

Laurie K

Laurie KMelbourne

Money well spent with Darbecca

Emerson

EmersonWollert

Thorough reports

Well documented and thorough inspections, easy to understand and backed by relevant guidelines - however what the builder chooses to do about them is probably more relevant.

Whitney

WhitneyMelbourne

If you’re building, you would be stupid not to have Darbecca

We built with a volume builder and engaged with Darbecca from the very beginning. Not only did they pick up on massive structure errors but the support throughout our build was reassuring.
We would highly recommend Darbecca, each consultant that visited our build were highly knowledgeable and took the time to explain what we should expect/tolerate.

Essential service

Darbecca provides an excellent and professional service, giving us detailed report and photos to submit to our builder for rectification along the stages of our new house. Thank you.

Dduva

DduvaVictoria, 3228

Well worth every cent for peace of mind and attention to detail!

Cannot speak highly enough of how much Darbecca assisted us during our very stressful and difficult build. Our inspector Paul was amazing and picked up so many things we couldn't see ourselves or didn't know about. The fact that the reports link to building code and guidelines is really helpful. If you are building we would thoroughly recommend getting the team on board.

Ron Bryan

Ron BryanCaboolture South

Brilliant Inspection by 2 Very professional Inspectors.

Thank you very much Darren & Greg for a very professional inspection & Report. Our building supervisor has commented to us on the report & they are ripping through with the defects & minor alterations. We have highly recommended your Company to our friends who are building in our complex & they also want peace of mind that they have been given a good build.

Darren L.Darbecca

It was worth the peace of mind

We originally went with Dennis homes because they had a reputation for quality. Having said this, not being builders, we also had a nagging concern over whether we were getting a top quality house. Darbecca were highly recommended and we are so glad that we engaged them. Brett and the team were professional, prompt and above all, very reassuring. They picked up numerous errors that the builder then set about rectifying. We particularly liked the way the Darbecca inspectors spoke to us in plain, simple English so that we could easily follow the building process. They provided detailed written reports within 24 hours of each inspection. For peace of mind and to ensure that you are getting a quality build, go with Darbecca.

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Darbecca is a must

We hesitated to spend money to hire a private inspector as our builder is well known as a premium builder. However we decided to hire for just a peace of mind.

We engaged with Darbecca as our private inspector as recommended by most of my insta followers.

It was such a good decision to go with Darbecca because they were punctual, thorough and very professional.

My SS told me that he doesn’t like Darbecca as they’re too picky, which is totally ok to us. Yes all Darbecca inspectors were strict and professional.

We are not sure of choosing same builder in the future but we will engage with Darbecca if we build our second house for sure.

Darren L.Darbecca

If got Darren or Rod as inspectors your in luck!
Very friendly and professional from the staff that would organise your inspections to the actual inspectors. If you manage to get Rod L or Darren L as inspectors your in luck. Because they are extremely good at what they do. Great eye for detail and the report provided is comprehensive, easy to read and backs up all recommendations with actual policies. Only downer if you get a diff inspector other than Darren or Rod, they are just not as good.

Very well exicuite

Very professional,helpful and very honest. Inspected the entire house thoroughly without any problems and would get Darbecca again if I were to build again.

Katie

Katie

New build

We found Darbecca to be very accommodating, staff were friendly & always prompt with replies to any correspondence. Inspection appointments were made promptly & the detailed reports were great. The inspector took the time at every inspection to go over main issues & talk me through solutions. Have recommended to others who are building.

Jonas

JonasMelbourne

Worth

Friendly and efficient admin staff
Reliable inspectors and does work for the benefit if the customers
Easy booking system, prompt response through email

Naomi

NaomiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Essential and professional service

Darbecca provides an excellent and professional service, giving us detailed report and photos to submit to our builder for rectification along the stages of our knock down rebuild project. As novice builders, we relied heavily on the findings and comments of Darbecca and valued their input. For a fraction of the cost of the overall build, using Darbecca was a “no-brainer” to keep our builder on its toes!

Darren L.Darbecca

Don't know where I'd be without them

My entire experience with Darbecca was a very pleasant and professional one. From enquiring about their services and answering my many questions, to making my first initial booking, through out my Inspection stage, receiving my report and follow up emails.

APC

APCTorquay

We employed Darbecca when the builder of our new home would not listen to our concerns over some issues we had. Darbecca came out, completed a thorough report and were extremely easy to deal with. As a result of the report, the builder has now began rectification works on our home, including new bricks, bathroom/ensuite/laundry floor tiles, floorboards and plumbing. Without the help of Darbecca, we would still be disputing with the builder. We highly recommend Darbecca and just wish we had of employed them sooner.

Darren L.Darbecca

They r friendly and excellent job they did
They r best in the market
The report they gave is very helpful

Kylie

KylieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Would never build without them!

We had 2 guys Paul and Patrick and found them to be professional and very knowledgeable. It took the pressure off the build and if my partner and I ever build again we will definitely be using Darbecca!

airlie33Vista

airlie33Vista

Professionals

The inspectors have knowledge on things that need to be checked against the standard. The reinspections of defects were significant to us because we don't know if issues were fixed or not.

Mohini Lata

Mohini LataMelton South VIC 3338

I depend on it , it is smart , educate u as well

This refers to all people who decide to build the house , should use Debecca , at list once for the inspection, service to get the results of all hidden
Defects ,before u move in to ur dream house , I am satisfied that I did use the service
M Lata

Anna D

Anna Dasked

Hi
I have been advised that as Darbecca are not registered building surveyors if something ends up in VCAT it gets thrown out due to the fact your not registered surveryors. Can you advise if this is correct.?
Thanks Anna

Hi Anna,
When you receive the report from down the bottom it says if your needing it for vcat they can format it for vcat, and if you have a lawyer and real things wrong with your house it won’t get thrown out. As I’m aware they are inspectors. But for example you could get me to do your inspection and I could tell you things that are wrong and not intolerances with your house and if you took what I said to vcat the fact that your house isn’t up to standard is what the case will be on not who said what. It’s on facts you could even do your own research into what to look for and not pay anyone. But from my experience it was great hiring someone else who worked with us to understand what was wrong how things are wrong and what is acceptable and what’s not. And unfortunately me and my husband don’t have all the knowledge to look at every trades work to pick up on things but getting the report done. Showed us what we would never have noticed until it would break or we would have problem. But they wouldn’t throw your case out. If your building I’d say use them and maybe call vcat and ask but as I’m aware I can bring in their photos or mine or both and show facts.
Hope that helps

Dear Anna,

This is a complex response. Please take the time to read through all parts.

1.Registered inspectors are only responsible for structural defects as per The Building Act Vic (Law) which is administered by the Victorian Building Authority. Even then they do miss items.
2. Darbecca will not only look at structural items, they then look at all the other items that builders must do, however are not the responsibility of the Registered Inspector. These items generally come under the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law) which is administered by Consumer Affairs Victoria Government.
3.Given that Darbecca cross over both Acts which are the responsibility of two different Victorian Government Agencies, No registration has ever been agreed to by either Agency.
4. The builder must fix all defects brought to their attention, both Structural and Cosmetic. It is in the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law). It is also in most Building Contracts.
5. Darbecca would welcome these two agencies (Vic Building Authority and Consumer Affairs) getting together and finding a class of registration, then two things would occur.
Firstly the quality of the inspectors would be set at a industry level that would demonstrate some level of competence. Currently anybody can put out a shingle and state that they are qualified.
Secondly the builders would not be able to put fear doubt and uncertainty into the home owners mind by stating that the inspector is not registered. A tactics often used by many a Site Supervisor.
6. It is worth noting that there is no registration for Site Managers/Supervisors, Construction Managers or Building Managers. The only person in a building company that must be registered in the person at the top. The builder. In big companies, I would be very surprised if they went to every site and checked on the quality if at all.
7. Finally, a little known fact is that the Home Owner is the one held accountable under Law for the quality of the build and the Compliance with all regulations. Not the Builder or the Registered Surveyor and or his Registered Inspectors..
The Law is very clear that the home owner who may or may not have any understanding of the rules carries this burden. Hence why we do what we do. As an example, if you lived in your home for a couple of years, then there was an issue that the local council discovered, the Council would put orders on the home owner to fix. Then it becomes a legal battle between the home owner and the builder/Surveyor as to who is going to pay. However in the mean time, the home owner carries the burden in all matters.

The only reason why a Darbecca report are not VCAT compliant right at the start is they take more work to produce up front and most builders would fix the defects that Darbecca bring to their attention. However if the builders refuses, Darbecca have been to VCAT on many occasions and delivered expert evidence regardless of any Registration. The report is then converted to the VCAT format in compliance with PN2.

Note: In other states where the State Government has registration for processes like what Darbecca does, Darbecca holds those licenses.

I hope this helps.

Darren Love and the Darbecca Team.

Alam

Alamasked

I want to engage Darbecca for my new house construction but after reading the above review I am now confused whether to go ahead or not, please suggest any other building inspector

Alam,

We have been chasing a client for payment. He has threatened to use social media if we did not let payment go so that he got the report for free. The matter is now with our lawyers and the police for attempted blackmail.

I ask you to read all of the other reviews that are from customers that are good as they are true.

Darren

Hi Alam,
I would recommend you use darrbecca for your inspections, we haven’t had a problem and have honestly been a blessing to have them. And we only used them because a friend of yours used them and highly recommended them. And if your unsure maybe get your first inspection done with them and if you don’t like or whatever change. But we honestly couldn’t fault them. Hope that helps

mukesh g.
mukesh g.

Hi Alam
I recommend you Fangs Building Inspections, they are very through, spend around 2 hours on inspections, compare to drive through inspection provide by these dispute building inspection companies. They are very good, very affordable, very qualified inspectors, etc

Get an answer from our members and Darbecca representatives

CategoryHome Inspection Companies