Darbecca (page 3 of 4)

JJ41Southwest, VIC

Professional and flexible

Jessica Qui

Jessica QuiMelbourne

The staff was on time and very thorough. He the service was bit pricy but definitely worth it. We will use them again next time.

GNil

GNilMelbourne

Worth it!

I have used Darbecca for 3 major stage inspection for my house.The report was very good and accurate.It includes all minor details including the relevant Australian codes.The builder have rectified all defects picked up by Darbecca.
Overall best experience.
Little expensive but worth it!

Emily

EmilyMelbourne

High customer focus

We had Darbecca come and do our final inspection after having some concerns about our build. From the beginning the office were efficient in getting quotes and booking information to us. Our inspector Hayden was personable, efficient and thorough. His report was detailed with great description and pictures. He picked up a nasty structural oversite which could have had major ramifications later. We got Hayden to come out and do a re-inspection for our piece of mind and he gave us the thumbs up.
Thanks so much. Will recommend to all friends

Best independent inspector

Best new home building inspection;only small things in garage and roof were not checked.
Over all good service.
Timely inspection

Dipu

DipuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy with the service.

We recently built a new home. We contracted Darbecca to check for four stages of the build as we had no idea what to look for. Darbecca team and Consultants made the process that much easier for us explaining a long the way and providing us with detailed reports with the photos. We can also contact the surveyor directly which helps to clarify the issues reported back to the builder. We highly recommend Darbecca to make life so much easier when building your home. It was a great piece of mind having Darbecca there for us during the exciting time.

Jennifer M

Jennifer MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service. Professional, thorough repoerts.

Inspector was always on time. Reports were detailed, with photos, and easy to understand. This information kept our builder focused.

Very Happy Customer

My wife and I recently built a new home. We contracted Darbecca to overlook each stage of the build as we had no idea what to look for. The Darbecca team and Consultants made the process that much easier for us explaining a long the way and providing us with detailed reports. They communicated with the building supervisor as well as us.
We highly recommend Darbecca to make life so much easier when building your home. It was a great piece of mind having Darbecca there for us during the exciting time. Great Team, Great communication.

Ted

TedMelbourne

Terrible.

I signed up Darbecca against my supervisors advise saying they are one of the most over the top building inspectors who’s will add months to my build. After the reports it became obvious he may have been correct. After they rebutted most
of Darbecca items it seemed like a waste of time. Before the frame inspection he told me 100% the usual items they’ll include which funnily all appeared. He promptly rebutted most of them. Seems very expensive once you actually see the work they “repair”.

NOT REAL BUILDING INSPECTORS

Darbecca are not qualified inspectors, they pick on minor matters, cut and paste regulations on reports
and cause new home owners grieve.
Please be very careful in employing them, please check with the VBA before hiring somebody to do private inspections and only use qualified people, they charge very high prices

Brock HMelbourne

Not even qualified

Noni

NoniMelbourne

Poor service

Contacted Darbecca's team to get a final inspection done.
Price is way above the roof.
And to get a response from them is a challenge and to me, it felt like this company has an attitude problem.
I contacted them three times and asked for an email reply to which no clue as to where those reply went.
The operator can not handle questions and I advised them of a specific time to them to do the final inspection to which they tried to book me 30 mins before the inspection time and said the inspector will inspect the site from outside while nobody is there on site and once someone comes they will do it from inside. Total inspection time is 2 hours. Well if someone asks you to pay $1500 for this service, I am not one of them.

Monika

MonikaMelbourne

Brilliant

The best money we have ever spent.
Darbecca have supported us throughout our build with Porter Davis not just with written reports but continual support and advice re ongoing issues we come up against with our builder.
Amazing service from Admin to Build consultants. Extremely professional and knowledgeable.

Ally Watson

Ally WatsonMelbourne

Excellent service! Highly recommend!

First time building a new home and we knew we'd need someone in our corner helping us. Darbecca was recommended by friend following their positive experience.

We engaged Darbecca to inspect at each stage of the build. They were always reliable and knowledgeable. No question of ours was to silly!

Booking inspections was simple. Darbecca were flexible with any changes we required. We always received their written reports on the same day.

Highly recommend Darbecca!

Pharmaboy18

Pharmaboy18

Excellent service. Very thorough

The communication was excellent. They were flexible if I had to cancel or reschedule an inspection. The reports are very thorough and the builder was happy to comply.

Optimistic

Optimistic

Poor value for the price they charge

Christie

ChristieGeelong

Highly Recommended!!

Darbecca was recommended to me and they did not let me down. Brett was prompt, professional, addressed all issues fairly. Reports were detailed and fully explained.
I have already recommended to family and friends.
At the time it can seem like a lot of money but when you consider how much you are spending on building your house the price doesn’t compare to ensure that all is built to current building regulations and completed correctly.
Highly recommended and worth every cent. I will never build another house without the services of Brett.

paul b

paul bfrankston

useless

Organised to have inspection ,said they would be in contact sooner to date to confirm all good, told them only contactable by email as we were out of country for 3 weeks,get mail one working day before inspection to say they had given our spot to some one else as they could not contact us.(Hello contactable by email only first email we got was to say they couldn't contact us one day before how dumb are some people.)

Darren L.Darbecca

Darbecca ---- The name is enough.

The Company started By Darren And Rebecca to guide and help people to have a flawless Build of their dream home. Darbecca will stand by you at the time when builder is giving you a hard time.

Excellent help whilst building

Darbecca have been nothing but prompt and helpful during our build. They have even been available when our builder gave us short notice (ie - on the day for inspection). The office admin are excellent, the inspectors are very good and available to explain on the phone if necessary.

Well worth the $ to have some comfort that our home will last.

Anna D

Anna Dasked

Hi
I have been advised that as Darbecca are not registered building surveyors if something ends up in VCAT it gets thrown out due to the fact your not registered surveryors. Can you advise if this is correct.?
Thanks Anna

Hi Anna,
When you receive the report from down the bottom it says if your needing it for vcat they can format it for vcat, and if you have a lawyer and real things wrong with your house it won’t get thrown out. As I’m aware they are inspectors. But for example you could get me to do your inspection and I could tell you things that are wrong and not intolerances with your house and if you took what I said to vcat the fact that your house isn’t up to standard is what the case will be on not who said what. It’s on facts you could even do your own research into what to look for and not pay anyone. But from my experience it was great hiring someone else who worked with us to understand what was wrong how things are wrong and what is acceptable and what’s not. And unfortunately me and my husband don’t have all the knowledge to look at every trades work to pick up on things but getting the report done. Showed us what we would never have noticed until it would break or we would have problem. But they wouldn’t throw your case out. If your building I’d say use them and maybe call vcat and ask but as I’m aware I can bring in their photos or mine or both and show facts.
Hope that helps

Dear Anna,

This is a complex response. Please take the time to read through all parts.

1.Registered inspectors are only responsible for structural defects as per The Building Act Vic (Law) which is administered by the Victorian Building Authority. Even then they do miss items.
2. Darbecca will not only look at structural items, they then look at all the other items that builders must do, however are not the responsibility of the Registered Inspector. These items generally come under the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law) which is administered by Consumer Affairs Victoria Government.
3.Given that Darbecca cross over both Acts which are the responsibility of two different Victorian Government Agencies, No registration has ever been agreed to by either Agency.
4. The builder must fix all defects brought to their attention, both Structural and Cosmetic. It is in the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law). It is also in most Building Contracts.
5. Darbecca would welcome these two agencies (Vic Building Authority and Consumer Affairs) getting together and finding a class of registration, then two things would occur.
Firstly the quality of the inspectors would be set at a industry level that would demonstrate some level of competence. Currently anybody can put out a shingle and state that they are qualified.
Secondly the builders would not be able to put fear doubt and uncertainty into the home owners mind by stating that the inspector is not registered. A tactics often used by many a Site Supervisor.
6. It is worth noting that there is no registration for Site Managers/Supervisors, Construction Managers or Building Managers. The only person in a building company that must be registered in the person at the top. The builder. In big companies, I would be very surprised if they went to every site and checked on the quality if at all.
7. Finally, a little known fact is that the Home Owner is the one held accountable under Law for the quality of the build and the Compliance with all regulations. Not the Builder or the Registered Surveyor and or his Registered Inspectors..
The Law is very clear that the home owner who may or may not have any understanding of the rules carries this burden. Hence why we do what we do. As an example, if you lived in your home for a couple of years, then there was an issue that the local council discovered, the Council would put orders on the home owner to fix. Then it becomes a legal battle between the home owner and the builder/Surveyor as to who is going to pay. However in the mean time, the home owner carries the burden in all matters.

The only reason why a Darbecca report are not VCAT compliant right at the start is they take more work to produce up front and most builders would fix the defects that Darbecca bring to their attention. However if the builders refuses, Darbecca have been to VCAT on many occasions and delivered expert evidence regardless of any Registration. The report is then converted to the VCAT format in compliance with PN2.

Note: In other states where the State Government has registration for processes like what Darbecca does, Darbecca holds those licenses.

I hope this helps.

Darren Love and the Darbecca Team.

Alam

Alamasked

I want to engage Darbecca for my new house construction but after reading the above review I am now confused whether to go ahead or not, please suggest any other building inspector

Alam,

We have been chasing a client for payment. He has threatened to use social media if we did not let payment go so that he got the report for free. The matter is now with our lawyers and the police for attempted blackmail.

I ask you to read all of the other reviews that are from customers that are good as they are true.

Darren

Hi Alam,
I would recommend you use darrbecca for your inspections, we haven’t had a problem and have honestly been a blessing to have them. And we only used them because a friend of yours used them and highly recommended them. And if your unsure maybe get your first inspection done with them and if you don’t like or whatever change. But we honestly couldn’t fault them. Hope that helps

mukesh g.
mukesh g.

Hi Alam
I recommend you Fangs Building Inspections, they are very through, spend around 2 hours on inspections, compare to drive through inspection provide by these dispute building inspection companies. They are very good, very affordable, very qualified inspectors, etc

Get an answer from our members and Darbecca representatives

CategoryHome Inspection Companies