David Jones Retail Stores

David Jones Retail Stores

Poor service

My wife & I visited David Jones Robina store today Sunday Sept 15 & the experience in the men's shoe department was poor. I wanted to try on a pair of Florsheim shoes seen on TVSN, & were prepared to buy if the fit was good. We didn't have a sales person come anywhere near us for 20 - 30 minutes.
David Jones needs to lift it's game.
We bought elsewhere needless to say.

Store LocationRobina Qld

Excellent Customer Service

First visit yesterday and totally impressed by the Customer Service of everyone we were in contact with.
Efficient and smiling and greeting at the entrances.
Particularly pleased with the professionalism of the lady in 'cutlery who helped me with steak knives'.
Very good range of new Summer Clothes and Accessories and bed linen.
Departments were well laid out and beautifully maintained ladies cloakrooms.
Best coffee and scones and product lines at the Coffee shop, once again with smiling and happy staff.
I would definitely return.

Store LocationMaroochydore

Thank you Meriam from David Jones garden city wa excellent service

Mariam, thank you so much ch for all your help today, you are a great ambassador for David Jones, I could not have sorted out my problem without your advise great to experience top quality customer service thanks again Mariam / David Jones

Store LocationDavid Jones garden city WA

PATHETIC service and poor quality $1400 shoe. No after sale service

Me and my wife visited david jones perth city and bought a pair of Christian Louboutin on 10/05/19 for $1400.. my wife wore it for the first time on 16/06/19 for an hour in party and the studs on the shoes fell off and on both the shoes not on one but both. On 17/06/19 we went back to david jones and showed it to them.
Now thats were the true side of david jones came across, the staff was absolutely least cared about it. They said they don’t know what to do and made us sit there till they find a solution. After few minutes one of the staff members came and said we have to send it back to the company Christian . And we asked that it was the first time we wore this shoe and shouldn’t we get a replacement for what happened. They said its not in our hands they have to send the shoe away, i said ok and asked how much time this whole process takes, the staff said 4 weeks. So they took the shoe and gave us a work order docket.
4 weeks went past no one contacted us. Than in the 5th week i called to ask the status and i was given a blunt reply by saying they dont know yet, so i asked them that i need a rough ETA so the girl said her manager will call me back. Went past a week more i did not receive any call. Now came the 6th week i called again and said that i want to speak to a manager bla bla bla happened. The manager said i will send a email and find out for you and she will call me back i said ok. Now came the 7th week i still dont know the status and still waiting for the manager to call back so i called again. The staff that picked up said she will get the manager for me, the manager came and said they are unable to contact the company as to find the status of the shoes.
Dont know what should i do.......Still waiting to get the shoe..

Store LocationPerth city david jones

Christmas Shopping Made Easy

I’ve never been a David Jones shopper until last Christmas when I’d experienced dreadful service in another store. I went into DJs Indooroopilly, loaded with multiple bags, feeling frazzled and not knowing my way around. A lovely staff member asked if I needed any help, he pointed me in the right direction. A few minutes later he came running back with a couple of massive carry bags for me to put my multitude of smaller bags into, which made carrying them all so much easier. Every department I went into, the staff were super friendly, helpful and offered guidance. It felt like the entire store was full of Christmas spirit. As a result, I left with a smile on my face, a spring in my step and I'm now a regular customer.

Store LocationIndooroopilly

Service - The Lack Of

What on earth are you thinking by not providing your customers with the staff to process their sales? Lately, my experiences regardless of time or location, have sadly left a lot to be desired. You have reduced what was once a pleasure into “why bother” experience. Not all that long ago, a staff member would actually approach offering to assist you. Not any more. If you “win the lottery” and find a staff member, they are processing a sale whilst apologising to you and others for your wait, with a phone ringing continuously at the counter or one close by (unattended, of course) - a nightmare - not only for the customer but this staff member too! Perhaps it is time to look back at what worked (I might add - worked well) and not continue down the road you are on, as you may find all the customers you once had disappear!

Discount Scam

Went to david jones pacific fair to buy my son a birthday gift. Girls at the counter were very helpful. Suggested I apply for a loyalty card to receive 20% off my purchases. Turned out it was to apply for an amex card costing $19.99 for the first year. Of course my application was instantly declined by amex so no discount but now amex have all my details and are constantly calling & emailing for more information so they can issue me a card that I never wanted in the first place and no amount of me telling them that I do not want a card and to cancel the application is working. Don't fall into David Jones' trap

Store LocationPacific Fair

Respect I got from head of store.

Always had great customer service at kotara David Jones, as of today I’d say different I got asked to remove myself from the store cause they believed I was with a group of guys that were being rude.
I told Sarah (head of security) that I was not with them but she still made me leave so I done as asked, in the process she called me an idiot”. I know I’m only young but have never felt so violated whilst having a shop with my favourite shop was utterly disgusting the way she handled it.

Store LocationKotara nsw

Best customer service experience!

David Jones Bondi Junction is amazing for customer service. We recently purchased a Yamaha Sound bar over the phone and there was alittle mix up with the order. (We are all imperfect it’s going to happen from time to time). The important thing is how it’s resolved. Imran the assistant store manager handled, sorted and made a personal delivery to our home, hours away from their store on his day off, just to make things right. We didn’t need to fight at all, all was graciously taken care of with the utmost professionalism. David Jones Bondi Junction team provides the best customer experience you could hope for. We highly recommend shopping with David Jones. Well done to Imran, Mady & Jack.

Store LocationBondi Junction

We don’t need your money!

I bought a Bonds crop top/pants set on sale and asked if almost identical other set could be sold for same price but sales assistant refused the sale. No wonder the store is struggling. I prefer Myer and I’m sure they’d mark down a last set item just to get it off their hands. No wonder DJ’s is having trouble!

Store LocationDoncaster David Jones

Very poor customer service.

I had the worse experience at DJ Bondi today. One of the staff called herself Grace was very rude . I was patiently waiting to pay for an item while she was on the phone perhaps with another customer. She shouted across the counter telling me It would be a long while for me to be served. I explained to her that I was being sent over from the other counter as they did not have the tools to unlock the security button. she yelled back" It is not my fault". That is what they call CUSTOMER SERVICE ….

Store LocationDavid Jones Bondi Junction

Very bad customer service.

visited macarthur square branch today and I was very disappointed receiving the worst customer service, I picked 4 pair of shoes and was willing to pay around a thousand dollars fo it but the staff refused to give a brand new pair they wanted to give the displayed one

Store Locationmacarthur squire

Terrible customer service in store and online contact

I used to love DJ’s but not anymore. My experience is that the staff and managers dont care and they dont respond to emails, written letters or live chat. If you can call waiting for 1 hour for a “live” chat response acceptable ? My mission was simple to track down a shade of DJ brand lipstick either in store or online. I went to Southland, Malvern , Chadstone and the Bourke St store over the past 12 months and absolutely not one person can tell me why their own in house brand is not being restocked. They dont ring anyone and just say - hey try next week. The Manager at the city store wouldnt even talk to me as he was busy chatting with a friend about their weekend. His assistant relayed messages and just said - he doesnt know what is happening. As for other contact methods they have not responded to 3 emails or a real letter. I give up - never shop there again. Absolute waste of time.
They should be ashamed.

Store LocationSouthland

Bad customer service

I had a very bad experience with D.J staff. I went there on 04/07/2019 thursday around 6 pm. The two staff of Mac cosmetics were very rude and uncooperative. I wanted to try new foundation but they were hesitant to show anything to me.

Store LocationBurwood

Poor Management

Being a past customer at David jones kotara I used to love shopping there until I started being harassed by staff in accessories. I was a regular when shopping for handbags until one young female staff member had come up to me and was abruptly rude, tried to put in a complaint but with her being management it was brushed aside.

Store LocationKotara

Terrible customer service

I purchased an item by cash, the item did not have the security tag removed- I lost the receipt and now there is no evidence of me purchasing it even though their system scans the barcode and identifies it as purchased that day! I am confused, and I don't know what to do as I have a $120 jacket at home that cannot be worn because of the tag! The 5 people in customer service were ungracious and unsympathetic. I have been shopping at David Jones for years, and even have a store card. I don't know why I paid with cash that day.
Very frustrated and annoyed customer here, I did expect more professionalism from the staff as a trusted and highly regarded retailer.

Store LocationChadstone David Jones

Disappointed

We decided to pay a little extra for great food and service at the stores coffee shop. Not so. The queues to order took ages, not sure if the computer or the operator was too slow. Ordered poached eggs with CRISPY bacon. Specifically asked for NO BUTTER on the toast. We got toast dripping with butter and the bacon not crispy but extremely oily. The decor and staff look very professional, but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Our first and last time DJ

Store LocationPacific Fair Broadbeach

Overpriced Onkaparinga European Collection 50 goose feather and 50 down feather quilt

Today I bought an Onkaparinga European Collection 50 goose feather and 50 down feather quilt, queen size, supposedly reduced from $599 to $359.40. After getting it home I did a search for the identical quilt. Onkaparinga have the RRP as $399.95. and they had it reduced to $239.97. Please do your homework first. Totally disgusted with David Jones.

Store LocationDavid Jones Karrinyup Shopping Centre, Karrinyup Western Australia

Never have anything you need

Today I tried to buy my 2 year old slippers for winter - apparently David Jones don't sell kids slippers. They never have the item I want when I go in. They used to make and sell good quality staples like woolen jumpers and nice socks. Now you can't even buy some kids slippers! But you can buy Baby Gucci. The last time I visited I couldn't find any nice socks - K mart has a better selection. I am not surprised they are loosing out to retailers like Muji, Uniqlo and M&S - the market for good quality, stylish basics is bigger than that for dubious "designer" goods.

Store LocationRundle Mall

Was shopping for suits in David Jones in Chadstone, was approached by a mature aged employee in the suit section. Offered to help us referred to our style "cheap" which then corrected himself by saying "more in our price range", we had chosen a style, although was a bit long, we had we were happy to have it altered ourselves. He kept insisting on us into purchasing a different suit, ignoring the fact that we had settled on the previous suit. Once realising this, he replied with "alright, suit yourself" and stormed off rather aggressively. Product is great, although service was lacking.