David Jones Retail Stores

See the Best Physical Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by David Jones

Noz
Noz

Don’t trust Click and Collect

Juicer purchase by click and collect. Two stores which had it “in stock” did not have the item. Hours wasted.

Sharon
SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude no customer service. Appeared entitled.

Just was in women's section at Malvern Central, older lady in light blue jumper was abrupt and had no customer service. Threw pants into the bag crumpled, no folding, no placing in bag, not the normal service I usually get from D'JS. Needs to learn customer service, and fold purchases.

Jeanette
JeanettePerth, WA

Appalling service

I have went to buy an itemfrom Saba but the sales assistant had her back to me and made NO attempt to help me . No advice given on size or fitting. When I purchased the item she passed me to another department and again turned her back on me .
I have complained in person previously but nothing as changed other than their service has deteriorated .

Kate B.
Kate B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really pleasant experience!

Recently shopped in store at David Jones - since covid I’ve tended to do most of my shopping online. I’ve shopped twice in store in recent months and both times had such a pleasant experience. The sales ladies were so helpful and encouraged me the first shop to sign up for David Jones email loyalty program, which I did. Doing that have me 20% off my shop which I was thrilled about. Had the sales lady not encouraged me, and been willing to explain the program to me, I’d have paid full price for my shop and been none the wiser. Since signing up I’ve received a few emails from David Jones and they’ve prompted me to head in store to take advantage of some great loyalty program discounts I’d never have otherwise known about. Thanks David Jones!

Annue
AnnueSydney

Terrible

Just walked through David jones Elizabeth street and there were so many disinterested staff texting on there mobiles and I don’t believe one customer was greeted. Appalling service considering I was on the designer floor .

Store LocationElizabeth street

Worst phone system ever!!!!

With the new system brought out a few years back - getting worse every time - going round in constant circles! go back to old system

JK
JK

No customer service

Went to DJ 's Civic Canberra yesterday wanted to try a pair of boots, waited 10mins ( there were 3 girls in the shoe section, all talking to each other).Finally got served, got me the boots to try, and walked away. Now I wanted to buy these boots $300, she never came back!!! So i left, didn't get the boots and didn't get any customer service either.

Stephen D.
Stephen D.

Unfair service

Unfair service.
Only servicing one type of people.
Went in for a coffee and got asked for vaccinated passport. What a joke. Then you walk out of David Jones and you can go to any other cafe.
My friend was vaccinated but I’m not. No fair. Did I ask the server if she got tested for HIV after getting the vaccine? No yet do many sources have said for the vaccinated to get tested for HIV.
And who brought the omricon into Australia? That’s right, a double vaccinated person.
Unfair unfair unfair.

Wendy
WendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Are there any staff

Don’t even bother calling a certain store or calling at all for that matter. All the stores are all to the one number and no one is there answering. On hold for 20mins the first time then I thought I would call back on a different item to be on hold for another 12 mins before I gave up.

T.S F.
T.S F.South East Queensland, QLD

Slightly rude service

I made a special trip to Chermside to buy a bottle of Creed Irish Tweed aftershave. As I understand it, the Chermside shop is the only store in Brisbane that stocks this aftershave. This stuff isn't cheap at $400 a bottle and, as I middle aged man I feel less than comfortable at perfume counters. I was was planning on buying a second bottle in the Creed range, and was trying a few samples but found the sales woman rather hostile. i think that she objected to my trying the samples. I bought the Irish Tweed and left the store, but was less than impressed.

Why bother?

David Jones have promote themselves as being a trusted brand, clearly things have changed.
I visited the Bourke st store this afternoon, Maybe it would be a good idea to greet your customers rather than disparage them. Customer Service = Non Existant

Georgia
GeorgiaVictoria

Simone Perele Maternity Bra: Uncomfortable, bad service, poor quality

peter d.
peter d.

I recently travelled from country Victoria to DJ’s and purchased some Spode crockery. The staff here were so friendly and happy it was a pleasure to shop. Marianna especially is a reason I would shop here again!

Lisa
LisaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What’s happened to the competitive pricing policy of David Jones??

I went to DJ’s in the city today as usual to buy a face cream that I have been using for a few years and was surprised that when the shop assistant went to process the transaction it was quite a bit pricier than normal ie; $56.00, which I queried. Half an hour later I was at another retailer to find that the exact same product was $47.45. Very disappointing. Won’t be going to DJ’s again without doing a price check. LG

David Jones Hornsby

I bought a $145 Armani perfume as a surprise birthday gift for my husband, they didn’t provide any sample with it, so he had to open it to try it. He didn’t like it at all. I tried to exchange it, got flat refusal.
Frustrated, unpleasant experience, will not shop there any more.