David Jones Retail Stores

1.8

Rik

RikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get a thing right

My partner went to the Bourke street store to buy an air fryer; he came back totally fed up and frustrated because he couldn't get anyone to help him so we both went there the next day; as always they were out of stock (they had what we wanted on display but refused to sell that) so I had to put in an order and have it delivered which I'm loathe to do as the last 2 orders were wrong and had to be returned. No surprise but yes of course, they sent the wrong product so now I have to waste time and leave work to go back and get a refund. We only came here because we were given a gift card otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere near this useless place. I doubt that they will be around for long.

Store LocationBourke Street, Melbourne
Disappointed

Disappointed

Terrible customer service.. SHAME :(

Calling David Jones to change name on click and collect order. Simple thing to do! After calling 4 times and being put on hold each time decided to wait to speak to operator. Waited 53.10 minutes still waiting!
Why cant it be done online? Why is the chat option unavailable?
Clean up your act DJ.

Store LocationElizabeth street City store Sydney
Marie

Marie

Phone service non existent!

Please reinstate the local store telephone call service. Voice recognition on the automated national call pick up is useless. You are then put on a 'general hold' for extensive waits. I don't mind other retailers using a national call centre, but DJs national telephone service is detracting from its brand.

Store LocationDJ Online initially, and then tried to follow up with Adelaide/Marion/Tea-Tree Plaza.

Rachel

RachelSydney, NSW

One example of good services one of very poor service

6th floor shoes. 11:30 16 may Purchased 2 pairs of Midas shoes lady helpful.
Asked to try a pair of veja shoes on. One disinterested young girl with long black hair handed them to me no words and totally unlaced and walked off. Very poor service and needless to say I didn’t purchase them as didn’t want the hassle of Lacing them up. A shame

Store LocationSydney city
Moira

MoiraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive wait times

What’s happened to David Jones having local telephone operators? I’ve been on hold for nearly an hour listening to very annoying “music”. You can only ring a 13 number for all of the stores, nationwide, these days. They no longer have individual contact numbers for stores. A really horrible experience with no call back facility and a very poor voice recognition programme. I doubt that anyone will answer.

John

John

Refused to abide by ACCC consumer rights on their own website.

Store LocationBourke Street
paji

pajiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hair dryers in David Jones

Be sure you know what hair dryer you want before you purchase from David Jones. I purchased one recently, and asked the sales person a couple of questions which he obviously knew very little about. The answers he gave me were incorrect, wouldn't show me the one in the box and failed to tell me David Jones have a no returns policy on hair dryers. Features of hair dryer also failed to be accurately described on box.
Very disappointed and definitely won't be returning to purchase electrical appliances from David Jones Indooroopilly as they have salespeople selling items they don't know much about.

Store LocationIndooroopilly
Patricia McCallum

Patricia McCallumGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

mattress delivery

on March5 I purchased a mattress at the Adelaide store. The sales assistant was both helpful and delightful and given that I live in Melbourne it was made extremely clear that my existing mattress would be taken away by the delivery people. This is one of the main reasons I purchased from DJ;s. Upon delivery the delivery men refused to take the mattress, first citing corona virus and then saying I had to make a special arrangement re delivery.I am extremely cross and do not feel the contract has been carried out as agreed.

Store LocationAdelaide
Avil Chetty

Avil ChettySydney, NSW

Just went to buy a gift for my partner and I was done in less then 1 hour. Apart from the variety of things, I was asked about my taste and preference and then walla! I have a gift!

Store LocationChatswood

Isha

IshaSydney, NSW

Awful service

Store LocationParramatta NSW
Donna Gaynor

Donna GaynorPerth, WA

Such great service in Perth City

Thank you to the young man who assisted my husband who was looking for a polo shirt with a pocket (for his glasses). Not an easy feat. He went above and beyond for a $69.95 transaction. Many thanks.

Store LocationPerth City

Slow process in refunding to my Afterpay account

Took 10 days to process the refund into my Afterpay account. This is unlike other merchants that can do the refund immediately at cash registers. Had to call them multiple times to discuss this issue. No wonder why everyone prefer to shop at other retailers. Furthermore, I am still waiting for my refund until now.

Store LocationMacquarie Centre
Bogdan M.

Bogdan M.Sydney, NSW

Bad customer experience

Store LocationParramatta, Burwood, Macquarie Center
Chris

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Trying to call a store

I've had to call the Chatswood Chase store a couple of times over the last week and you have to talk to a "virtual assistant" After waiting over 5Mins and asking to be put through to Chatswood Chase they put me through to Chadstone, VIC.

The virtual assistant is currently putting me through to a receptionist - I've been on hold for 12mins and counting.

If department stores continue offering such poor service no wonder they are closing down and customers buy online from other sources.

Kaye

KayeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rubbish virtual answering

I am writing to complain about the ridiculous virtual answering service David Jones have in place. ‘Liz’ the Virtual voice, doesn’t understand what you are saying - and then I was put on hold listening to the worst repetitive tune - I tried several times thinking it was a joke! Each time it took over 7 mins then 10 mins. All I wanted was to be transferred to a department! No one interrupted that shocking music to say you are in a queue or your call is important etc!!
Where is the personal touch that we have all loved and respected over the years of being very good customers of David Jones. This virtual rubbish is what will finally turn people away from DJ’s.

Store LocationAll David Jones

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely David Jones Brand Bath Robe

Store LocationBrisbane city
Nemo

NemoSydney, NSW

The Worst Company- Walk Out Now- Horrific Experience- What A Nightmare

What a nightmare of experience- will never shop there again-aggressive staff-terrible experience-walk away and never shop again-never ever. The worst place to shop- the worst experience that has caused my health- with long term effects- walk away while you can.

Helenp

HelenpVictoria

Ridiculous virtual assistant

I called the glen waverley store to place an order. I was greeted by a phone virtual assistant who did anything but assist. I asked for customer service and was left listening to music for 6 minutes. I hung up and called the 1800 customer service number but again, the virtual assistant! Left listening to music for another 7 minutes this time. Don’t bother calling if you don’t want to get frustrated with the lack of service. Unfortunately in trying to save money, they will lose loyal customers.

Store LocationGlen Waverley
Tash

TashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst wedding gift registry experience

Store LocationMelbourne City
Ros Holden

Ros HoldenSydney, NSW

No free postage on large purchase on David Jones card

One would think that free postage would be a given on a purchase of $1400, especially since they do not carry stock of Fendi shoes.

I have often purchased items at DJ's on my card and they happily give me free postage if the size is unavailable for orders over $100. Come on David Jones where is your consistency and service?

Store LocationDavid Jones Sydney